Incorrect assignment to debt agency

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I had a few problems with Vodafone over a year ago and as a result cancelled my account in December 2014. Due to these problems I was told if I turned in my handset the early termination fee would be waived. After various problems getting the handset back to Vodafone it was collected from a relative (as I was out of the country) and signed for by Vodafone in February 2015.

I have since received no correspondence from Vodafone, until yesterday (21st May 2016) when I received a letter from Lowell Financial saying the full early termination fee of £377.26 plus an outstanding line rental of £25.70 (total £402.96) had been transferred to them on 19/04/16.

I have been in touch with Lowell who have raised a query to Vodafone about this, but I would also like Vodafone's record of the correspondence they have had with me; I called Vodafone but they said they have no record of my account now and the call cut out, and the Request for Information form I found online for Vodafone only goes back 12 months. Obviously I would have made this request sooner if I'd have known they didn't write off my 'debt'.

Looking back I should have kept better records of our contact myself (I have emails but most of the correspondence was over the phone) and should have made sure they had written off the debt after picking up the phone.

Lowell Financial have given me a time of 4-6 weeks to get back to me. Is there anything I should be doing in the meantime? I would have thought Vodafone would keep any information about a customer who's debt has been transferred to an agency, in case of situations like this where it is being queried. And I'm getting very worried now as I don't feel I have enough recorded information about our correspondence to defend myself if Vodafone claim I still owe the money.

Any help and advice is much appreciated!

Thank you

well just don't forget lowells are a DCA

a DCA are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

if you are talking on the phone to them..stop now

writing only.

its not for you to resolve this

but for lowells to with voda.

if they persist

comeback here and well dealt with them via say a prove it letter.

if there is a dispute

which seems there is

they'll never win in court anyway.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and welcome.

From the outset, you will have problems getting anything regarding a sensible answer from VF as they are, to put it bluntly, useless!

For the last couple of years, they have tried (and failed) to integrate a new system. This new software has caused them many problems but that should not impact on you.

Rather than using the contact via their website, I would send a letter of complaint to them, by snail mail, Signed For Delivery and headed Formal Complaint. The reason for this. VF will not accept any letter as a complaint unless they know it is a complaint (poor dears)

As well as this, inform OFCOM of your complaint. They cannot take any action on your behalf but as they are already investigating VF's customer service, you are adding an extra log to the fire.

I would also VF a SAR. This should get back all the data they hold on your account except phone calls as they only keep them for a very short time however, notes from the calls should be included. If you can get a hold of the bills showing calls to VF, that will help.

VF are very strict on data protection so when you apply for the SAR, include as much ID evidence as you can, (Passport, Driving Licence, Utility bill and if you have changed address, proof of previous address)

If you do both at the same time (complaint, SAR) then you should get back the data within 40 days and possibly have enough info to escalate the complaint to the Telecoms Ombudsman if VF fail to resolve this within the 56 days (8 weeks) time limit.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for the advice silverfox, I'll get working on a complaint.

Vodafone have an SAR form online that I looked at and it looks like they provide information going back a maximum of 12 months for PAYG customers - I was Pay Monthly but is there a risk of the same thing happening?

It does give me a bit of confidence that this doesn't seem to be an isolated incident with VF!

They have to keep records for longer than that. Not 12 months.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

PAYG data will be limited however, you were on a contract therefore they should hold all the data going back to either the start of the contract (if that is all you did with VF) or 6+ years (if you have been with them longer. As this is a recent problem, they should be able to provide accurate account details, contact data, information added to your account and if you are very lucky, a phone call or two.

I wouldn't use their forms. We have a better one than that. Their SAR form (I believe) gives you options to choose from. It is my opinion that they do this to limit the amount of data released and if you complained about the lack of some info, they can come back with," Well, you ticked the boxes."

You want ALL account data including all the history. Expect the data to come on a CD with a password. Silly really as they also enclose a letter with the password on it?? If someone else got the CD, they could access your data. Passwords should be sent separately,

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE