style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2780 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi to everyone,

i parked my car on whitechapel road today at 13.04,

an went to collect the pre ordered cotton bale from from a shop which is 7 min walk away from loading bay.

it took me 15 -16 min to go n come back.

i came back in my car with goods at 13.19 i saw pcn on my car.

traffic warden observed from 13.04 till 13.09 n then issued a ticket.

i m just confused as there was 20 min loading was allowed

and i went to collect the goods and came back within 20 min.

why he issued the ticket?

i also got a letter from the shop in which they said that i was there to collect my goods.

what do you think guys i have any grounds to appeal?

n one thing more there is no contravention code on the pcn,

only reason is mentioned which is (Stopped where prohibited red-rout clearway)..

thx

Were you in London ? If so, read this https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/red-routes/rules-of-red-routes/loading-for-the-public

Loading bays, unless otherwise specified on the sign at the loading bay, are for anybody to use as long as they are loading/unloading.

From the link, "Loading bays are an essential part of the red route network as they allow businesses and the general public to make and receive vital, and often bulky deliveries.". There is no mention of commercial or goods vehicles.

You can only try. Explain what you were doing in writing, and send the manager's letter too.

You are not guaranteed to have it cancelled, since most of the time you were walking as opposed to loading/unloading. I don't know how far you had to walk in seven minutes (generally, walking pace is about 3 miles per hour, so that would work out at around a third of a mile), as loading/unloading is permitted on yellow lines, and the council may well decide that you could have stopped closer to the premises. All you can do is try an appeal and see what they say.

isn't the idea of a loading bay to be close to where your are loading / unloading

for example the observation within 5 minutes should show some sort of movement between vehicle and business or even if your vehicle is parked in a loading bay and you saw an observer watching your vehicle surely you would approach and discuss how long you are going to be

where I understand you were loading your vehicle you were not loading from the immediate vicinity therefore may not have much of a log to stand on

out of interest the business you were collecting from do they not have a loading area close to them or even on there property ?

There wasn't any free space available mewr to that business on that time , i checked all nearby spots , all of them were packedup...n that business they don't have their own parking ...

personally think you are going to struggle with this one, as you were not loading or unloading in the immidiate area,

If you were able to carry your load from company back to loading bay the argument would be you could carry your load to a car park, therefore the loading bay was of no use to you

• 3 months later...

Well done on persisting with this, but nice to see a bit of leniency on the council's part.

Incidentally (this being my first reading of this thread), I would have said that you weren't technically "Stopped where prohibited on a red route clearway". You could have been done for being parked contrary to the restrictions of a loading bay.