Andy111

unknown Welcome Finance CCJ? - now IND own it? help

no the debt still exists

whomever has it

the FSCS will simply reduce the balance by any reward go read their site.

sadly thats the way it will go .

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

The hardest part will be tracking down where the FSCs send it. And what that company does with it..... and the correcting of any outstanding balance.

The claim bit is easy

several weeks ago I received a letter from a company called "Intrum" to say how they had taken over IND or their debt accounts etc or something and now service said account and that if a payment plan is in place then nothing will change as to pay as normal etc. 

The payment plan being to pay the payment set via the court\ court order every month via an account which has been paid without issue at my local post office.

Today I receive another letter from "Intrum" to confirm the previous letter and payments via current payment method. 

But they state that they have not received any payment as expected and therefore they do not have a repayment plan in place. 

This is NOT true, 3 payments made since first Intrum letter (receipts to prove) to the amount agreed and set as per court back in 2017.

Intrum then say how I should contact them in the next 14 days to agree a payment plan that is affordable and sustainable etc.  

Any advice on this as the debt was assigned to IND, they won at court, the court set and agreed the payment and payment has been made monthly without fail?.  

threads merged.

you are not the only one.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Thanks DX, glad im not the only one. 

Though I've not received anything from IND to state and confirm they have sold the debt, their accounts, or themselves to Intrum, just a claim by Intrum to state they are now servicing the outstanding balance with the original welcome finance & IND account numbers and monies owed.  So not exactly sure if they have bought the debt or simply servicing it on behalf of IND.

I guess I'll be writing to Intrum & IND to ask them to confirm the assignment from IND in the first instance. 

But as the debt has already been assigned to IND by the courts and an agreement for payments set by the courts and payments being made and accepted via post office payments I'm unsure on exactly where Intrum are going with this seeing as the court order has been complied with?.

they've simply purchased a whole portfolio of old welcome debts handled or owned by IND.

nasty bunch anyway.

always lie and cheat debtors

but then so are 1st credit.

the issue might be that your slip payments are going to an unknown A/C now.

i'd ask IND where have the payments gone since xxxx date.

as this is subject to a judges orders, I would pers switch to bacs payment to 1st credit. now drop the slips they have caused issues in the past too. 

spreadsheets 

Thanks DX,

will be writing to both as I'm not paying both parties and until I've confirmation off IND that Intrum now own the debt then I won't simply take Intrum's word for anything without evidence from IND. 

Though the first Intrum letter said to pay as usual if a payment plan was in place, which it was. 

Paying over the counter at the post office was a method suggested by IND as like hell were IND getting bank account details for direct debit purposes.  But as said, nothing from IND to say to cease payment to them either or offered an alternative account number to pay to.

If I get the confirmation and bacs details then yes, I'll pay that way.

But can Intrum simply ignore the fact that this is an issue that has already been to court, resolved and payment set by the court and insist of renegotiating the debt and payments as if its never been to court simply because Intrum have bought the debt itself?, surely the order and payment ordered by the court still stands?.

no ofcourse they cant over-rule what a judge ordered.

spreadsheets 

On 27/04/2019 at 18:53, dx100uk said:

no ofcourse they cant over-rule what a judge ordered.

Thanks, that was a concern in that are they trying to circumnavigate that this is something that has been to court by making out they have bought the debt and so not obliged to stick to the court set payment.  

Of cause, it could be Intrum might be unaware that this has been to court, as they are trying to say I need to arrange a payment plan with them directly.  Either that or they think they can increase payments from me by suggesting I need to arrange an affordable payment plan as nothing is in place with them.

Either way, letters going off to both today, IND & Intrum.

letters went off last week

pretty much questioning clarification from them stating as this is a debt that's been before the court and an order to pay IND themselves that I can't and won't stop payments to IND and instead pay this Intrum company

unless I get something from IND themselves or clarification to confirm the arrangement they have with Intrum as I've had nothing from IND. 

But also made it clear I've continued to comply with the court arrangement and paid in the usual method as  per IND offer for which has been accepted.

But in reading over the first Intrum letter it makes for confusing reading.  As Intrum claim to be the servicer of the debt owed to IND. 

But also state that IND has been acquired by the Intrum group. 

Further down it mentions IND is the legal owner of the account? .

Thread moved to Financial Legal Issues forum....please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I got a reply from Intrum today, and looks like they are choosing to ignore my previous letter asking for some form of evidence of ownership or management of this debt from them and IND seeing as they claim to have acquired IND. 

I also pointed out to Intrum that this is a matter that has been before the courts and a payment plan has been set by the courts and has been kept to.

Their reply is shorter saying about being aware that IND have been working with me in relation to the matter (though not heard from IND since they agreed to the court set payment plan 2017).  And they they (Intrum) don't have a repayment plan and assure me that I can discuss a payment plan with them.

And that making payments towards the debt (which I am to IND until they confirm the sale or instruct payments to Intrum) will bring me clearer to clearing it and releasing any potential judgement.

Any advice?, as thinking to both write back and email the same letter to prevent claims they have not heard from me.

why not .....tie them up in knots

spreadsheets 

I just get the impression & feeling they will, like ind, try foul play to try and impose a default of sorts on this. 

As said, they look to have totally ignored my letter to them instead inviting me to make a payment arrangement with them for a second time citing it would reduce the risk of judgement.

For clarification,

seeing as I've not heard anything from ind regarding this sale,

where do I stand legally regarding payments?. 

These are still going to and being accepted by ind at the post office,

so legally Intrum can't ever accuse me of defaulting on the court order?. 

despite the confusing letter from Intrum claiming to have acquired ind  but ind own the debt that I should be paying Intrum instead etc. 

Well how can Intrum not be aware of the court arrangement?.

So, I get a reply of sorts off Intrum this week and I'm still non the wiser and had nothing directly clarified on my points and questions asked at all.

As they say they have completed a review of the account and can see the (correctly stated payment amount) payments have been paid directly to Ind on a monthly basis and even thanked me for continuing to make payments.  They also say they have now setup the repayment plan on their systems and to prevent any unnecessary letters from them to pay Intrum directly from now on instead of Ind.  

I've included the letter here for reference, but wandering on the correct action as still not had any clarification off Ind and very reluctant to change who the payments go to until I get that clarification off both sides.

IMG_20190517_142157.jpg

nothing for you to do

ignore it.

intrum now own ind that's all it was

spreadsheets 

Well more development & turn from Intrum.  Having heard from Intrum back in June offering up to a 70% reduction (off the outstanding monies due) if I paid it by the end of July, reducing to a lower discount for the next 3 months were I to settle early etc.  Well of cause I never took them up on the offer as never had the funds and said offer now expired.

Now this morning I receive the following letter saying "Our records indicate there is an issue with the repayment plan, which as resulted in your plan being cancelled". With the invitation to call contact them in the next 10 days to reach a solution.

Any ideas as barring a recent late payment payment has been made and accepted.  So surely Intrum can't rip up the repayment plan citing "there is an issue" and then suggest I have to renegotiate payments can they?.

IMG_20190916_105541.jpg

Write back to them and ask if they could clarify what this issue is or what this payment plan is that they refer to. ?  Inform them you are not aware of any issues as payment is still being made as per the court order dated xxxxx nor are you aware that they have made any application for a redetermination to amend the court order dated which instructs payment of £ on the  x day of each month.

For clarity you request that they confirm in writing that they refuse to accept payment or abide by the court order dated xxxxx.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks Andyorch will do first thing tomorrow, though difficult to know how to deal with this issue without knowing the nature of the what the "issue" is that they felt is worthy to cancel it.  I made a payment a week ago at the post office without issue (though late but brings things up to date.  I could try another payment this week to see if that gets accepted?.  If it does then they are still accepting payment of sorts whilst I enquire on the issue.

But out of interest can they legally just cancel the repayment plan without applying to the courts?.

There is no issue hence my suggested letter...once they receive that they will not be able to respond...read what I have typed......again.

There is no payment plan to cancel or to adhere to.....you are paying an amount set by a variation order and endorsed by a court order...they cannot change it or cancel it.

Ah, I get you Andyorch, so replying as you say aught to be the end of it unless they start refusing payment. 

Just funny timing after there early settlement offer expired from a few months ago.  Still, its a debt they bought that by the court order would take a considerable number of years to settle, think decades than years.  So plenty of fun to come over the years and no doubt will be sold on a number of times again.

Read their letter again ...slowly ...and all becomes clear....its rather an oxymoron when you break it down..

An issue with your payment plan.....there is no issue and there is no payment plan

A payment plan they have cancelled...there is no payment plan to cancel

Its not their intention to  pressurise you and make you pay more but you must contact them within 10 days to reach a solution....well that is direct pressure...they state they have cancelled your plan and imposed a time frame on you to add pressure....and to get you to ring them to communicate...so they can add more pressure.

Don't fall for it...draft the letter as advised...attach a copy of the court order re payment.

The N245 is a wonderful thing......its even better when the debt is assigned and they are not aware one was made.  :becky:

Once again thanks Andyorch, your breakdown makes their letter and claim rather laughable the way you put it to basics.

Though they are fully aware of the court order re payments as it was all mentioned and brought to their attention the last time (when they first bought the debt) they tried to suggest a payment plan needed to be negotiated as there wasn't 1 in place.  It was pointed out payments are subject to and set via the courts & order.

I guess this latest round of futile action is as a result of not taking up their early discount offer and the realisation of how long it would otherwise take to clear things at the current rate.