Complaint that is with Ombudsman

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a complaint that has now reached the ombudsman after the adjudicator decided in my favour and asked for interest to be refunded, but the company appealed.

The Ombudsman has my credit file but has now asked for bank statements which the adjudicator was fine not seeing before..

These are a mission to get as the accounts were all closed years ago, and I was juggling multiple accounts as I had so many loans and they are asking for 2 years of statements..

My question is, would you send them if you were me or just give up. It has been a long irritating road to here, I am pretty unwell and this will add more irritation for a couple hundred quid.

I had gambling issues at the time (which I have told my adjudicator) - I was selling stuff from catalogues on ebay which may look like extra income, but it was not it was to gamble and also live.

I had around 12 PDLs, 10 catalogue accounts, multiple credit cards etc.

All my household bills were paid from my ex partners account as I could not get a house, or electric direct debit, sky etc due to my crappy credit score so they aren't on the statements, my statements will show salary, gambling, ebay sales and probably my train to work.. which I have also pointed out to the adjudicator.. and I am not contacting my ex to ask for her statements as I cannot face it..

I will probably keep on with it and see it through but do you think I will be out of luck here, or get in any kind of trouble for selling stuff from catalogues years ago?

Just some advice needed.

prob all depends on how much the decision is worth to you versus the hassle - sounds like you are in a strong position so id give it a go getting the bank statements you can easily. I woul imagine it is just to confirm the level of debt you were in and other pdl's

I wouldn't worry about getting into trouble about any of the other stuff - the omdbudsman has no legal jurisidiction over anything else and doubt would be interested

• 2 weeks later...

The ombudsman can only obtain bank statements and other account details if the bank providing them is party to the complaint (you are complaining about that bank).

You could email what you can get hold of (ask for access to secure email) and redact all bigNbouncy.com etc transitions yourself.

Personally, the FOS are probably trying to make you jump through hoops unnecessarily and provoking you into supplying inconsistent information.

Statistically, Ombudsmen never disagree with adjudicators provisional assessment so just keep your head and come up with plausible excuses but remember, anything you tell the FOS will be used against you.

Don’t forget you are entitled to case file from the FOS.

The ombudsman obtained my statements from 3 different banks - Nationwide, Natwest and HSBC.

My complaints were all regarding payday lenders and other credit providers and not the banks themselves. Maybe my circumstances were unusual because so many lenders were involved, but I just gave them permission and they obtained them.