nip letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received a letter requiring me to confirm name and address,

intending to take proceedings, details are as follows .

On Saturday 7/5/2016 I was returning from a friends business on an Industrial Estate at 12.02,

I know the estate very well having WORKED for KODAK ltd for years on the same road.

It states that I was travelling at 39 MPH on a 30MPH road on an INDUSTRIAL ESTATE on a SATURDAY morning with very little traffic on it (more about that later).

I would like to point out I have been driving for years without any speeding offences,

the car I was in is a Motability car that I had not long taken ownership of due to my problems with my spine.

I was using the car as a familiarity exercise as I usually do with the change over ,

the time I have owned the car is approximately 2 to 3 weeks in that time one thing I noticed whilst driving on a motorway is that the speedo faces are different to my previous car Quashqui,

which is one of the key items of driving and watching your speed.

I have been up to that estate today to take photographs and check on the speed limit signs,

NONE as there was no WARNING on the day in question of any "speed checks",

I also noticed that as I was getting out of my car to take the photograph of Acornfield Road from The Gatehouse of Kodak, an articulated lorry went past and nearly forced me back into my car he was going that fast......NO CAMERAS about today.

Also would like to point out that on my journey from home to the estate on the GPS on my car there were speed signs on all the roads I travelled on UNTIL I got onto the ESTATE

and then NOTHING at all on any of the roads , especially Acornfield Road,

this seemed s funny to me as with all my driving with this car until I have fully familiarised myself with the controls and instruments the GPS is on all the time ,

even though I have never used it until today for reference to the speed limits of different roads ,

Could I also point out that this vehicle is fitted with a Turbo that none of my previous cars had fitted so all the more reason for me to make fully aware of the vehicle I am driving now.

I am going down to the dealer I got the vehicle off to take photographs of the speedo face in the Quashqui.

I have been told by a friend I could get a "speed awareness course " in place of a fine and points,

suppose this is the easy way out,

but this annoys me due to the fact I have for months been complaining to my Local Councillor of the waste of Council Tax payers fund, that have been used to put 20MPH signs in my road, ( not an Industrial Estate ) but a residential area were cars are continuously doing in some instances 50 mph , maybe more,

I have nearly been hit on a few occasions getting out of my car,

also they come on you that fast even if when you check in the rear view mirror,

To say that I am annoyed over this is an understatement ,

as I have been driving cars and riding motorcycles for over fifty years with only a few minor offences , none in my more mature years as I have adjusted my driving accordingly,

when I was working at Kodak the lab.

I worked in looked out onto that road and we used to look out at the traffic

and it was used as was a lot of Industrial Estates by LEARNER drivers,

because of the lack of traffic on those roads,

Maybe this was a learning exercise for these camera operators as I think it rather strange to be doing this on an Industrial Estate instead of a RESIDENTIAL AREA.

Undecided what to do, any suggestions, swallow my pride and go on the course

Nothing you've said alters the fact that the national speed limit on roads in an urban built-up is area is 30mph unless there are signs that say different. Make sure you return the NiP declaring you were the driver in time or you'll get fined for that too.

No requirement for sign in advance of a speed camera.

But if they do use a sign, it must be of the correct dimensions.

So the lorry was speeding, and no camera about.

He was lucky, you were not.

Regardless of different facia, that wont wash.

It just sounds like a weak excuse.

They use cameras on motorways, industrial estates, urban road, country roads.....sounds like another excuse.

If there is a speed limit, they can have the van there.

Same as trying to say the car is fitted with a turbo.

It wouldn't affect your cruising speed,

just your initial take off speed,

and if you cant accurately judge your speed after 50 years of driving.......

All in all,

id bite the bullet,

admit the offence,

pay the fine and take the points,

unless you can get off with an awareness course.

Also there may not have been signs stating the speed limit but most drivers are aware that the lamp posts also let you know what the speed could be..see here >> http://m.askthe.police.uk/content/Q595.htm?viewsinglecontentelementid=34881

If in doubt 30 is plenty until you see the repeater signs or a different one. Driver beware!!!

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

The thread should stand, it may help others who want an answer to the same situation.

Just because you got replies that disagree with what you wanted to hear, doesn't mean they are wrong.

If you want to remove yourself off CAG : the door is over there .....

(Just don't post or visit, and you'll have removed yourself).

• Haha 1

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Are you posting because you've changed your mind and don't want to leave CAG?

Or are you posting hoping to get banned?

As previously ; just don't come back if you want to leave.

To quote Alexander Orlov : "simples!"

• 3 months later...

My advice is fill in the details and send a letter stating your obligations. Wait for a response. I'm going through stuff with my own NIP and I would advise anyone now, just do the right thing and send it off in time

Sounds like the OP was coming up with a whole host of excuses which the contributors on here pointed out as being just that. It's not like you can get off this sort of thing on a legal technicality like you can with parking cowboys. He was speeding in a built-up area. Suck it up, and do as Ibiza says!