Midland Heart; Intermediate Rent Scheme

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I'm currently self employed, and applied for a property form midland heart on the intermediate rent scheme as im trying to save for a mortgage.

I went through all the process, providing a guarantor etc and was meant to move saturday just gone, may 14th 2016.

Midland Heart came back to me and said, they cant do the move because they dont allow guarantor on this scheme yet, I was told I needed one and paid for the referencing via homelet. This is the day before I was due to move.

Homelet sent back my income as 0, as ive been unemployed for under 12months. Homelet say they only accepts tax returns as proof of income.

It just seems ive being penalised for being self employed.

Is there anything i can do because Im basically homeless right now. I have no where to go, midland heart just left me in the dark.

I was due to move, stuff packed, new furniture ordered to the new address even had a date for a sky installation.

Thanks

Previous to that I was living with my grandparents, who I helped looked after. I cant even go back to them because they had been waiting on me to move and only did so when I told them everything was finalised. I was due to pick up the keys saturday morning at 9am.

Hi

Were you going through the shared Ownership route or renting normally (as I can't find anything on there website about intermediate rent scheme)

Do you have all this in writing and importantly a signed agreement?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

Were you going through the shared Ownership route or renting normally (as I can't find anything on there website about intermediate rent scheme)

Do you have all this in writing and importantly a signed agreement?

Hi, Please see this link: midlandheart.org.uk/find-a-home/homes-for-rent/rent-to-buy/

Its a scheme where you can rent the properties at 80% of the market value. Also Midland Heart dont advertise it on there website as such, they do run the scheme - They generally advertise them on rightmove.

I have everything one email. There wasnt any documents signed yet, as I was due to do that the day I paid the deposit and got the keys. I was even told about a new fridge freezer going in.

The only thing that was signed and sent back differently from the referencing forms is the deed of guarantor, by my guarantor and a witness.

Hi

So you went through the Rent to HomeBuy.

Did you have to register through this link: http://www.helptobuymidlands.co.uk/apply-online

Were you given a Reference Number via either email or letter to say you were approved?

Did you have to pay a reservation fee (if so how much)?

I would also contact Shelter: http://www.shelter.org.uk/

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Hi stu007,

I went through all that process, was given a reference number after my eligibility confirmed. I paid a £75 referencing fee. Was told I needed a guarantor. My guarantor was not eligible so I had to pay another £75 for my second guarantor which was accepted.

The is a reason I asked those question (as I keep thinking shared ownership).

Could you please got to this midland heart link: http://www.midlandheart.org.uk/search/?search=shared+ownership (Go down to where it states" Shared Ownership Booklet (2.7MB)" and download the booklet.

When you have done this open the booklet and go to page 4 of the PDF specifically "Reserving your new home" is that the process you followed or was it different?

What I advise next will not really help you in your present circumstances as it could take some time so please be aware of that

What you will need to do is follow there Complaint Procedure till its fully exhausted and if still unhappy you can then complain to the housing ombudsman: http://www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk/ but you need to exhaust midland hearts complaints procedure before approaching them (this doesn't help you in your present circumstances so please contact Shelter as well)

Also ask them to provide you with the following document:

1. Complaints Procedure.

2. Customer Care Standards.

3. Right to Home Buy Policy.

Hi, thanks for all that. I really appreciate it.

The process i followed was a little bit different.

I found the property on right move and heres what I did after registering on the help to buy and getting my reference number.

1. arrange a viewing

2. Paid a £75 referencing/holding fee after I liked the property - at this point I was told i MIGHT need a guarantor

3. Referencing company (homelet) got in touch with me requested more details (not once asked for any proof of my incomes)

4. They reported back I needed a guarantor, 1st guarantor was ineligible, paid another £75 for a second guarantor which was fine.

5. Move date was agreed, even told about the new kitchen equipment and curtains that was going in.

6. After packing the whole week, signing up for sky, broadband, telephone etc... The day before move date I got a call that I would be moving.

Ive already complained to Midland Heart, they apparently will get back to me within 3 working days, it's been 4 and I've had no contact...No doubt probably swept under the carpet.

I made a complain, still haven't had any acknowledgement that they've recieved it and it's being dealt with. What should I do? They claim In their complaints process that after 2 working days I'll get a confirmation and it's been nearly 5.

Hi

I can fully understand you are anxious to get a response due to your circumstances (it doesn't stop you asking if they have received your complaint) you need to let the process follow its course sadly, which you are correct it does mention confirm within 2 working days.

The process also states a full response within 10 Working Days, If the investigation does take any longer, they will write to you to explain why.

I would give them the 10 days to see if they respond.