style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2864 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Please can you help me out. My father received a letter from excel parking services over a year ago, after investigating them find tonnes of material online including watchdog stating i should ignore the letters, i did. The signage in the car park has not changed in year and is the same as the one in the watchdog video on youtube.

Nothing else came through since then. However today i have received a letter from DCBL stating my father now owe £160. The letter reads.

Notice of debt recovery

Dear .........

Your overdue amount of £100 due to excel parking services limited in relation to an unpaid parking ticket has now been passed to DCBL (direct collection bailiffs limited) to recover the debt on their behalf. a futher £60 administrations and recovery fee has now been accrued therefore the total amount now due is £160.00.

To ensure no further action will take place please make a payment .......

On the back of the letter it states.

This case is not subject to high court or bailiff action.

Do I need to pay or take any action ? As i have seen online this company sometime make the fees over £1000 !!! (Google race-to-600-parking-charge-begins-dcb)

As the back said this is not subject to HC or Bailiffs should i do a ccj check just in case.

Do I need to pay or take any action ? Do i need to email them a denial of payment ?

Thanks all

ignore it, Excel are rubbish at their own job let alone anything else. As they say, they are not acting as bailiffs because there is no debt. Even if the debt was real no-one can add further costs without a credit agreement or court order so the amount due would be the original contractual amount.

Read a few of the private parking posts and you will see that this is all just hot air and attempts to frighten you.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies. What are the changes they will come to my house to try collect the "debt"? and should i email them to deny the "debt" or will that make them more eager to come for me?

Cheers

A big fat ZERO!

And even if they did, you would be well within your rights to tell them where to sling their hook, or you'll call the police and have them removed.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

A big fat ZERO!

And even if they did, you would be well within your rights to tell them where to sling their hook, or you'll call the police and have them removed.

Haha Thanks will do, if the [problematic] do appear.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

My Father has received another letter from DCBL. They are now threating further action!!

The letter reads.

Legal Recovery Action

Dear .....

You have failed to pay DCBL (Direct collections bailiffs limited) the outstanding balance of £160.00 or make contact to discuss the repayments of this debt. We have now recommended to our client the commencement of legal action against you. However the granting of judgments and other orders are at the discretion of the courts. if successful the escalation of legal proceedings at a cost of £75.00 would be added to the debt for recovery. After further applications have been granted by the court the possible impacts of having a CCJ registered against you would be;

• enables enforcement action to commence, such as obtaining an attachment of earnings, placing a charge on your property or applying for a warrant of control to remove goods.
  • prevent future lending

to ensure no further legal recovery action will take place make immediate payment by of the following methods.

What should i do ? I read if they do take a CCJ against a person i should pay ?

This should be illegal for [causing problems] people out of their money! I feel so bad for the elderly who don't have others to check out things like this!

nothing will happen

they can recommend what they like

doesn't mean the client will though.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

nothing will happen

they can recommend what they like

doesn't mean the client will though.

Cheers mate, should i check if they have put in a ccj in a couple of weeks just to make sure or is that just wasting my money.

Hi Guys,

My Father has received another letter from DCBL. They are now threating further action!!

Every day we see posts on the net regarding DCBL and these private parking tickets.

An excellent source of information regarding these tickets (and DCBL) can be obtained via the website belonging to the Parking Prankster.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk

An excellent source of information regarding these tickets (and DCBL) can be obtained via the website belonging to the Parking Prankster.

I second the above - it is a superb site with some excellent onward links. It makes for a very entertaining read as well as being highly informative.

Every day we see posts on the net regarding DCBL and these private parking tickets.

The other rapacious PPC Parking Eye now owned by that paragon of rip off and corrosion to the public good Capita, is facing a potential class action for default ccjs obtained by using old addresses at Case Hub

http://casehub.com/cases/parking-eye-ccj-fines

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The other rapacious PPC Parking Eye now owned by that paragon of rip off and corrosion to the public good Capita, is facing a potential class action for default ccjs obtained by using old addresses at Case Hub

http://casehub.com/cases/parking-eye-ccj-fines

Yes - good news! It is just 50 victims' signatures short of being able to proceed last I read. An interesting one to watch.

Yes - good news! It is just 50 victims' signatures short of being able to proceed last I read. An interesting one to watch.

Definitely CD, wonder if Case Hub.com would be interested in grounding a Class Action aimed at DCBL using Criminal Harassment?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

understand something, DBCL can do NOTHING as they dont own any debt, they just get paid to send out scary letters.

Excel parking dont abide by the provisions of the Protections of Freedoms Act so when they write to your father they are doing so in his capacity as the keeper of the vehicle and they have no claim against that person or entity.

If he gets a letter from a soliciotrs called BW legal post up a thread on the private parking forum and we will take it from there. Currently they are trying their luck with a hige raft of court summonses but as soon as the defence statments come their way i bet they withdraw most of the defended ones.

They work on a numbers game, 75% of those getting a summons will then pay up including the extortionate add ons that no court would ever order to be paid so they can afford to lose a few. They are doing court becasue they are getting tired of being ignored just because they are dishonest and hope to regain the upper hand and a few quid to boot.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Good advice EB, as many of these claims as possible need defending.