Policy cancelled but wasn't informed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm seeking some advise regarding a car policy being cancelled without knowledge. This was the 2nd major issue I've experience with a company that I've been with for over 15 yrs. So I'm pretty disappointed right now with the service. I do have some interesting pointers if anyone wants to get involved with this 1? :???:

Quite a bit more detail regarding your issues would aid users wishing to comment.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Insurers can cancel a policy providing 7 days notice in writing.

Quite often people say notice of cancellation was not received.

Insurers have massive printing operations and the notice is not sent by recorded delivery. Insurers will not have proof of sending it.

Why did Insurers cancel ?

Was it for a valid reason ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

This one is a biggie so would be easier to ask questions.

How did this come to my attention?

My friend who I trust is a named drive on my policy was involved in a minor incident 2 weeks ago, this incident is not the problem here but it was brought to my attention that my car policy had been cancelled which meant my friend had no insurance. The police has also got in on the act & had my car seized by a private contractor. There are no other issues with the car.

I would like to add at this point that I have got an impeccable driving record. I've been driving for 36 yrs. Never no claims. No convictions. No points, not even parking tickets. Very punctual so when I was told that a payment had been missed, there was no way this could have happened without my knowledge. I have since found out that there are many flaws but at the moment, my friend could loss his licence & a bill is growing regarding the car in the compound. 2 wks & counting. I'm also waiting on the insurance co. to pull their finger out on what next action. Regarding the other matter I had with them. I spent approx. an hr on the day it was cancelled speaking to them about another car on this policy & at no point them telling me there is an urgent issue regarding my car policy! There is more but will leave it here for now. :-x

So if it is a payment issue, then find out from your Bank whether there were any issues with Direct Debits. Also the Insurance company will have accounts details of what was processed and any items returned unpaid.

Most Insurers do now cancel policies after giving notice, if there has been Direct Debits returned unpaid.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Although you are not aware I do know all of above without going into detail at present.

In my case they said it was 21 days but how would one know if nothing is received? i.e. They're using 19th century tech. (post) when we all have smart phones that can literary do & received just about everything. And I do take this very seriously. If you knew my background you'd understand why. The insurance co & the policy have agreed that if anyone wants to drive on public highways then it's a 10/10 to have insurance cover, that's on 1 hand but on the other they rely on the post to inform me regarding an urgent matter but like I've already touched on but this isn't the only issue here that I've had in so many mths with them. So for me, this isn't cutting it.They have also confirmed that their normal practice is to send out a reminder but this wasn't done. They have messed-up, simple. As far as to why it was cancelled, they have said it was for none payment but I'm a business man & have 4 accounts & all send out txt's to notify me if I go under a certain amount, if there has been any large transactions & if it's to go overdrawn the next working day & so I have 24 hrs to have funds transfered which I do the next time I'm home on-line. They is no way I would missed this & all there is records as proof if needed.

And also remember, unless for a very serious reason once a contract is agreed, every customers has rights so long as payments are made for non-cancellation. They have a duty to honour the contract with good service especially if there has been good loyalty for 15+yrs because it's the law for all.

As far as I know, no money was taken from the bank account!

That does not answer whether or not the payment was returned by the bank or not.

You can speak to the bank and if the Insurer or the Credit Provider did not call for the money, your bank will confirm this in writing for you and this should form the main basis of your complaint