The Tories lied: More cuts to sickness and disability benefits are on the way

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://voxpoliticalonline.com/2016/05/11/the-tories-lied-more-cuts-to-sickness-and-disability-benefits-are-on-the-way/

That’s right; after announcing that the government had “no further plans” for benefit cuts in March, Stephen Crabb is going back on his word.

He says “welfare reform” (whatever a Tory thinks that is) shouldn’t come to an end, just because the government has put in place measures that should cut the benefit bill by £12 billion.

Further cuts to disability and sickness benefits are in the pipeline, the Work and Pensions Secretary has signalled.

Stephen Crabb said he wanted to go further than the £12 billion welfare cuts set out in the Conservative manifesto and “re-frame discussion” around disability welfare reform.

The surprise announcement comes just under two months since Mr Crabb said the Government had “no further plans” for welfare cuts.

“The measures that have either already been legislated for or announced get us to the £12 billion [welfare cuts planned in the Conservative manifesto],” he said.

“Does that mean welfare reform comes to an end? I would say no. I’ve already pointed to what I see as one of the big challenges of welfare reform – and that’s around work and health.”

Mr Crabb told MPs on Work and Pensions Select Committee that he would deploy “smart strategies” for cutting expenditure on disability and sickness benefits and would hopefully be able to secure the support of disability charities.

Dear god, how much more can we take....

I agree, it's terrible. Everyone who decides they can't work should get as much money as they feel they deserve for free, without any question, for ever.

None of your previous posts sound like a political rant at all Sadone. Do you really, really think Labour would do any different?

Edited by furiosa

This is what the tory self servers do kick the poor and disabled at every opportunity if there was a viable alternative political party i would be gunning for an early election if that is in anyway possible, but none of the other parties give a dam either,

But imo ANYTHING is better then the bunch of monsters we have now. The others can be useless, but I've never known a party so intent as the Tories have been to destroy a part of the population. A part who sadly have difficulty fighting back.

Makes you wonder who they would target if they cured us all or scrapped all benefits completely , would they still be on this crusade to save money? when the damage that they have done has actually cost the tax payer more than if they hadn't meddled ? IDS the changed man now has a conscience apparently , what next will he become a volunteer at his local CAB perhaps? more like his buddy doris will give him a job when PM when dodgy dave gets the chop

And Boris voted for these benefit cuts

I think this thread would be better placed in the Bear Garden.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I agree, it's terrible. Everyone who decides they can't work should get as much money as they feel they deserve for free, without any question, for ever.

None of your previous posts sound like a political rant at all Sadone. Do you really, really think Labour would do any different?

Except, it's not a case of deciding they don't want to work. Maybe you sould educate yourself. As much as I would love to work, it is actually impossible for me.

Well this kind of thread always enrages many.Myself included.

I personally feel the Welfare System is a complete mess.

Many people have clearly been hurt by the whole System,whether , Atos, which i believe but could be corrected if wrong has cost more than it has saved.And seems for many, i apologise but kind of if you can touch a keyboard with your nose you are fit to work

And is claimed to have even cost lives.

Not just that but the Universal Credit system that seemed a good idea but is a complete shambles as well.

All the sanctions and more that have left some,vulnerable people in turmoil.

Clearly in my view a outdated Welfare system for this day and age.That i believe costs 400.00 a week for every man woman and child in the country.But once again correct me if i am wrong.

So we come down to Affordability i suppose.Whoever is in power has to it seems make savings.

So it will go on and on,for ever and a day.And we will curse them all.

Now i have looked around for a alternative for a while fit for the modern world.

And to create fairness for all.And would not hurt anyone if implemented one day.

And would counter Austerity,possibly end poverty and create a simple system.A modern system.Perhaps finish the unfair Welfare System once and for all.

Also it would take into consideration the needs of the Disabled,the poor,the people who want to work and those who do not.

And put people like Stephen Crabb out of work.Who despite his background when young,probably gets smacked about daily by Emperor Osborne who along with others in my view that is are wearing blinkers.Only see,cut,cut ,cut.No alternative.

And as you say it was said that no further cuts would be made in this parliament.

But they had already been made perhaps but not implemented.

But correct me if wrong.

Just to remind ourselves.

Government rules out any further cuts to welfare – video

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2016/mar/21/tory-turmoil-cameron-ids-osborne-back-after-ids-resignation-by-backing-compassionate-conservatism-politics-live?page=with%3Ablock-56f032e0e4b0304172354f20

That system is called the Basic Guaranteed Income.

Now i cannot go into the system massively on one thread.But here is the link that i update from time to time when time allows.

Think about it,take a little time to understand it.Let your imagination run with it.Because around the world at this very moment it is about to happen,and gaining supporters worldwide.May start a little slow but the picture becomes clear as the thread develops.

I have had my say,some may think i am barking mad,well fair enough.But i hope some may see the possibilities.

Better than forever cursing the Politicians.Let us put some of them out of work instead.

Basic Income Guarantee-Do You Like The Idea-Any Views-Have Your Say.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?461005-Basic-Income-Guarantee-Do-You-Like-The-Idea-Any-Views-Have-Your-Say.

Err, these are people who pay tax and national insurance. Your ignorance is plain.

This is what the tory self servers do kick the poor and disabled at every opportunity if there was a viable alternative political party i would be gunning for an early election if that is in anyway possible, but none of the other parties give a dam either,

You will find that this change was pushed through by Tory MPs only. Not a single MP from another party voted in favour of this. Indeed, the House of Lords tried to block it on more than one occasion.

I think this thread would be better placed in the Bear Garden.

Regards

Andy

Thats a shame. IMO less people who it will actually effect will see it, and more posters who just want to have a dig will. But oh well....

Thats a shame. IMO less people who it will actually effect will see it, and more posters who just want to have a dig will. But oh well....

I would tend to agree ....as it was at post #1...but you see how it soon became fractured from post#2 and will no doubt just turn into another rambling thread.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Well dare I suggest maybe you could have just deleted that post to halt the usual cascade into idiocy/trolling. :)

And to ad similar themed threads have survived being posted in the other section and have managed to avoid descend into a slanging match.

Well dare I suggest maybe you could have just deleted that post to halt the usual cascade into idiocy/trolling. :)

And to ad similar themed threads have survived being posted in the other section and have managed to avoid descend into a slanging match.

Are you saying that others of a different opinion aren't allowed to voice their thoughts ?

No, and you obviously know that already. But if the mod doesn't want this to become a shouting match then you have to rein certain troll posts in (which I've seen done many times before in the benefit advice section), and which is what I categorize post number two as being.

I remain at a loss as what the significant difference is between someone who is in the support group and someone in the work-related activity group. They are both unwell and/or disabled albeit in various degrees.

Their health could get worse depending on their circumstances. In fact, a person who is disabled would receive far more than someone fighting cancer and whose needs are not too dissimilar.

It is seriously inapt to treat these issues as an exact science and therefore a tick-boxing and point-scoring exercise. It is wholly wrong to treat all of those in the work-related activity group as malingerers due to a few exceptions. All these people need the appropriate support and not unfair and inhumane coercing.

You will find that this change was pushed through by Tory MPs only. Not a single MP from another party voted in favour of this. Indeed, the House of Lords tried to block it on more than one occasion.
Shame about the last labour government then it was under their watch that ESA was introduced they started this whole persecution of the sick, then the LIB dems in the coalition, many of them voted for cuts that affected the sick and vulnerable they IMO have a track record for not caring

We have the cuts to Esa wrag And a short time after that the Work program will become the Health & work program , they are talking about medical staff in JCP's and being able to administer "THERAPY" Next they will be forcing the sick to work for benefits I have little doubt who was the brainchild behind this idea

Shame about the last labour government then it was under their watch that ESA was introduced they started this whole persecution of the sick, then the LIB dems in the coalition, many of them voted for cuts that affected the sick and vulnerable they IMO have a track record for not caring

We have the cuts to Esa wrag And a short time after that the Work program will become the Health & work program , they are talking about medical staff in JCP's and being able to administer "THERAPY" Next they will be forcing the sick to work for benefits I have little doubt who was the brainchild behind this idea

I think society has an natural (or unnatural depending on how you look at it) inclination to label the sick/disabled as a burden and liability until one finds himself/herself in that position. Indeed, no person is immune from illness or prejudice.

The "therapy" you speak of would be an unmitigated disaster.

I think when the Universal Credit system is fully implemented we are all in for a devastating shock. You do not need to look far to learn how much of a shambles that has been to date.

I think society has an natural (or unnatural depending on how you look at it) inclination to label the sick/disabled as a burden and liability until one finds himself/herself in that position. Indeed, no person is immune from illness or prejudice.

The "therapy" you speak of would be an unmitigated disaster.

I think when the Universal Credit system is fully implemented we are all in for a devastating shock. You do not need to look far to learn how much of a shambles that has been to date.

Yes and the same vile man was behind UC as well ,He has wasted more tax payers money than they have saved ,

The following relates to many areas, but I think highlights how little society gains from these tax cuts for the immense negative impacts.

(note the figures dont include the tax avoidance by the many financial institutions in the 'City of London' which would add BILLIONS to the nations tax income if sorted.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/what-the-uk-could-look-like-if-people-actually-paid-their-tax-a6978961.html

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

The following relates to many areas, but I think highlights how little society gains from these tax cuts for the immense negative impacts.

(note the figures dont include the tax avoidance by the many financial institutions in the 'City of London' which would add BILLIONS to the nations tax income if sorted.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/what-the-uk-could-look-like-if-people-actually-paid-their-tax-a6978961.html

Indeed, address the wealthy tax evaders first before launching inhumane cuts on the sick and disabled.