Lost ESA50

Laylah
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent my ESA50 back recently. I received a txt message saying that my ESA claim had ended today so I phoned them up. They tell me they haven't received my completed questionnaire so my claim has ended. Fortunately I sent it recorded delivery and they admitted to having received it but cannot trace it. All my medical history is in that file. I feel sick at the thought of all my most intimate details kicking about somewhere. Meanwhile they want me to fill in the form again and resubmit it. It cost me a fortune to get all the evidence together. A stressful month trying to get it done in time... I'm at my wits end.. DWP going to call me tomorrow and let me know if they have found it yet.

Then I get a phone call asking me to do a survey on how my claim was handled because it has ended. I just hung up I felt like crying.

What do I do now?

Sent my ESA50 back recently. I received a txt message saying that my ESA claim had ended today so I phoned them up. They tell me they haven't received my completed questionnaire so my claim has ended. Fortunately I sent it recorded delivery and they admitted to having received it but cannot trace it. All my medical history is in that file. I feel sick at the thought of all my most intimate details kicking about somewhere. Meanwhile they want me to fill in the form again and resubmit it. It cost me a fortune to get all the evidence together. A stressful month trying to get it done in time... I'm at my wits end.. DWP going to call me tomorrow and let me know if they have found it yet.

Then I get a phone call asking me to do a survey on how my claim was handled because it has ended. I just hung up I felt like crying.

What do I do now?

If they have received it then i would be engaging with CAB on this, to see if there is any likely hood of claiming from them for their ineptness , should they not find it

• Haha 1

I have now been informed by phone that my file has been traced and my benefit shouldn't be interrupted. Housing benefit has been stopped and housing association on the case already. I know it will all work itself out when I get assessed - just hope they are quick!

Always copy anything that goes to the DWP. They lost mine. Our local jobcentre can send stuff electronically to the DWP so I now take anything down there. Saves a lot of hassle and worry.

Mine went in February and got 'lost'. Duplicate sent in March and still not had appointment letter yet. Phoned to chase twice and told 'in queue to allocate appointment'.

Received a letter from DWP today. I'm still in the WRAG. Does this mean I wont have to attend a face to face medical? A bit disappointed because I believe I qualify for the Support group. I included medical evidence this time and took care filling in the ESA50 with as much information on how my conditions affect my day to day life. Should I appeal this decision or just be glad that I got in the WRAG.

You can still ask for the decision to be reconsidered and appeal if necessary - you must have a Mandatory Reconsideration before you can appeal - but you should be aware that there is a chance that your award could be removed instead of increased to support group.

Only you can make the decision as to whether it's worth taking a chance in order to get more money and avoid the work programme etc.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.