• Tweets

• Yes, I understand that but I thought, given that's a strong point, they might decide to discontinue and it might not go any further. Not that I'm bothered about going to court, it's just that I don't get anything out of it if I do. I propose a new rule. If the defendant wins, the claimant should have to award the defendant the sum of costs they were seeking. Which in my case is £140 thank you very much. Then it would be worthwhile and they might think twice about pursuing through the courts, lol!    😃
    • The Tories election campaign is basically whatever the Daily Mail and Express write about as concerns of the 'British people'.  The latest speech by Sunak about sick note Britain is the latest. Perhaps there needs to be a discussion on the mental health crisis that is stopping a large number of people from working.  When people are having to wait for months for a Mental Health assessment and then a very long time for any therapy treatment, then that is not going to help. The problem with many politicians speeches is that they identify problems, but when it comes to solutions that are going to cost billions, plus take many years to put into place, they shy away from the practical actions that would be required. Instead they will come up with some slight tinkering actions at a cheaper cost, that won't make much difference.  There are probably  hundreds of thousands of disabled people who would like to work, but many employers won't offer them employment as they are not willing to make the reasonable adjustments to make it happen. If the Government pledged to support employers financially with the costs that would be incurred, then I am sure we would see many more disabled people in workplaces.
    • yeah the outstanding balance is correct as I was already in a payment plan with hmrc up till about a year ago when they suddenly stopped taking payments from my bank so me being naive I just left it assuming they would get back in contact to resume payments but instead I got this letter.. I am just glad it won’t show on my credit file as I have only just got it to excellent   
    • I've had a look on their site to see if there is a way to download photos, but haven't found anything. The best thing is to send them a SAR on Monday.  Invest in a 2nd class stamp and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office. That way they will have to produce the original invoice, a windscreen ticket if it exists, photos, etc.  
    • So today I’ve recieved a letter from J&P after a long time this time with forms attached to respond back about how much I can repay etc and that if I do not respond within 30 days court proceedings will apply   I had wrote to NBD bank to inform them of my new address and to resolve this matter last month, but I haven’t had any confirmation or heard back from them. Should I write to them again?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lowells/? claimform - LLoyds ultimate reward account OD 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received a claim form from the court. Lowell's are claiming for a credit card with Lloyds.

I have not heard anything about this debt for years.

I found an old email that I sent complaining about lloyds (to a consumer action group)

because they were harassing me by telephone-this was in 2008.

I also stated in the email that I had been paying it but was in dispute with them so had ceased paying.

I am pretty sure I would not have made any further payments

I think it might be statute barred but I am not totally sure.

Could someone please advise me as to defend as in dispute with original debtor

(I think they are not allowed to pass it on to a creditor if in dispute?)

or if its better to try and get account details from Lowell and copy of agreement, assignment etc to see if its statute barred.

Thank you

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there

Sadly they can and will pass it onto third parties

1. You need to find out exactly when the last payment was made to help establish SB status

2. follow this link and put the answers to the questions here. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-December-2014**

Also follow the instructions regarding CPR and CCA

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Get that link done

Go ring Lloyd's and ask last payment date

Easy quoshed if sb'd

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

thank you have done the CCA and CPR.

Now confused as I had a letter from Lowell yesterday -original company debt owed to down as Halifax (current account).

On the claim for its down as Lloyds Bank for an agreement under the Consumer credit act?

I presumed it was for a credit card with Lloyds.

Not sure what to do next.

Thank you

Please can you copy and paste the link in #2 as advised and fill in the answers from the claimform.

Is it possible this 2nd letter is referring to a different debt?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Name of the Claimant ? Lowell Portfolio Ltd

Date of issue – . 6th May 2016

Date to submit defence = -by 4pm Tuesday 7th june

What is the claim for –

1 The defendant entered into a Consumer Credit act 1974 Regulated agreement with Lloyds Banking group PLC under account reference 2504.......... (@the agreement').

2.The defendant failed to maintain the required payments

and a default notice was served and not complied with.

3.The agreement was later assigned to the claimant on 17/06/2015 and notice given to the defendant.

4.Despite repeated requests for payment the sum of £1559 remains due and outstanding.

5.And the claimant claims

a.The said sum of £1559

b' Interest in pursuant to s69 county courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum

from the date of the assignment to the date of issue,

accruing daily rate of £0.342 but limited to one year being £110

c.Costs

What is the value of the claim? £1885.21

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? bank account

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? Not sure but probably after

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor

or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Lowells

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment?

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Dont recall one

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? No

Why did you cease payments? I think I disputed charges (if its a bank account) and they just shut my account without any notice or letter. If a credit card I cant remember.

What was the date of your last payment? Not sure yet

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? I expect so.

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor

and make any attempt to enter into a debt managementicon plan? I may have communicated financial problems if a bank account but did not enter any management plan

Sorry missed the assignment one! Dont remember being told it had been assigned. (certainly not by Lloyds or Halifax)

how many digit is the account number on the POC?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

then its a bank account not a credit card.

go look at your credit file

noddle/clearscore

find last payment date

dx

and they

prob an old TSB account? yes they were all the same at one point.

go solve the last payment issue

and they

Thanks. Just got an account on clearscore but they dont show payment dates.

I have had an old Lloyds TSB years ago but also a Halifax more recently.

I have no paperwork for either!

Do you think Lowells will still send me the account information I have requested?

(I guess the CCA will not be relevant)

Should I ask them for anyrthing different now?

Also if it was an overdraft would I have had to sign any agreement?

I think I just got it online.

Thank you

well you still need to ack the claim [AOS] on Mcol website

and send the current account 31:14 off to the sols.

go ring Lloyds/Halifax/or whomever

but not lowells/sols

find out last payment date

and they

cpr 31:14 current account version

but wait till you get inf from Halifax on last payment date info.?

you might not need to send one if the debt is sb'd?

and they

Okay. Halifax say the account was closed 2013 but have no last payment date.

Its an ultimate reward account with overdraft facility.

They said I should ask Lowells for all the statements prior to 2013.

Shall I do that along with the 31:14 request please ?

I have a feeling its not going to be statute barred:!:

Also is there a template or wording I need to use to get the account information and statements please?

utter rubbish

phone Halifax back and tell them

the account was closed less than 6yrs ago

under ICO Data protection rules they MUST hold data for 6yrs

if they don't comply tell them you will be writing to the ICO

no need to ask the DCA via any other letter than the CPR 31:14

and they

you have sent a 31:14 to the claimants sols...

and they

hopefully not at all

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

not heard anything from Lowell's.

Do I need to contact them again or just wait.

If they don't reply will someone advise me on the defence for the form please.

thank you

type Lowell claimform OD

in our search cag box

do NOT miss your defence filing date!!

dx

and they