• Tweets

• I have had a secondary thought.  I borrowed £s from a completely separate entity 6y ago. It was personal and unsecured. I was going to repay upon sale of the property. But then repo and I couldn't.  Eventually they applied and got a charging order on the property.  Their lawyers wrote that if I didn't repay they may apply for an order for sale.  I'm not in control of the sale.  The lender won't agree to an order for sale.  The judge won't expedite it/ extract from trial.  Someone here on cag may or may not suggest I can apply for an order v the receiver?  But could I alternatively ask this separate entity with a c.o to carry out their threat and actually make an application to court for an order for sale v the receiver instead?
    • You left the PCN number showing, but no worries, I've redacted it. Euro Car parks are very well known to us.  I've just skimmed through the titles of the latest 100 cases we have with them (I gave up after 100) and, despite all their bluster and threats, in not one have they taken the Cagger to court. You stayed there for 2 hours &:45 minutes.  I'm guessing the limit is 2 hours and 30 minutes, right?  
    • If the claimant fails to draft directions the court can order a Case Management Hearing to set them but normally in Fast Track claims the claimant sets the directions...Unlike small claims track which are always set the court.
    • Not Evris offer, the court offers mediation service.   All claims proceed to hearing if mediation fails /not happen.   Why do you not wish to attend in person to stand your claim ?     Absolutely you must comply with the courts directions or your claim risks being struck out. Preparation for a hearing should happen irrespective of mediation.   https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/460613-suing-a-parcel-delivery-company-when-you-dont-have-a-direct-contract-with-them-–-third-party-rights-copy-of-judgment-available/#comment-5255007   Andy  
    • LPA.  (I'm fighting insolvency due to all the stuff that he and lender have done).  He appointed estate agents - (changed several times). Disclosure shows he was originally appointed for a specific reason (3m after repo) : using his powers as acting for leaseholder to serve notice on freeholders (to grab fh).  There was interest from 3 potential buyers. He chose one whose offer depended on a positive result of the notice.  Disc also shows he'd taken counsel advice - which was 'he'd fail'.  He'd simultaneously asked to resign as his job (of serving notice) was done and he'd found a buyer.  Lender asked him to stay on to assign notice to the buyer.  Notice failed, buyer didn't buy.  So receiver stayed.  There was 1 buyer who wanted to proceed w/o fh but receiver/ lender wasted 1y trying to get rid of them!  Disc shows why. But I didn't know why at the time. In later months Lender voiced getting rid of receiver. Various reasons - including cost.  But there's a contradiction/ irony: as I've seen an email (of 4y ago) which shows the receiver telling lender not to incur significant costs and to minimize receiver costs.    Yet lender then asked him to serve another notice - again counsel advice indicated 'he'd fail'.  And he did fail.  But wasted 3y trying and incurred huge legal costs - lender trying to pass on to me. Lender interfered - said wanted to do works.  Receiver should have said no.  But disc. shows he agreed to step aside to let them do the works - on proviso lender would discuss potential costs first (they didn't), works wouldn't take long (took 15m), and lender would hold interest (they didn't) (this last point is crucial for me now - as I need to know if I can argue that all interest beyond this point shouldnt be allowed?)   I need to check receiver witness statement in litigation with freeholders to see exactly what he said about 'his position'. But I remember it being along the lines of - 'if the works increased the value of the property he didn't have a problem'.  Lender/ receiver real problems started at this point. The cost of works and 4y passage of time has meant there is no real increase in value. Lender (or receiver) didn't get any permissions (statutory or fh) (and didn't tell me) and just bulldozed the property to an empty shell.  The freeholders served notice on me as leaseholder for breach of covenants (strict no alterations).  The Lender stepped in (acting for me) to issue notice for relief of forfeiture - not the receiver.  That wasted 2y of litigation (3y if inc the works) and incurred huge costs (both sides).  Lender's aim was to do the works that every potential buyer balked at due to the lease restrictions.  Lender and receiver knew couldn't do works w/o fh permission. Lender did them anyway; receiver allowed.  Receiver remained appointed.  I'm arguing lender interfered in receiver duties.  Receiver should have just sold property 4-5y ago w/o allowing any works.  Almost 3y since works finished the property remains unsold (>5y from repo). The property looks brand new - but it was great before.  The lender spent a ton of money - hoping that would facilitate a quick sale.  But the money they spent and the years they have wasted has meant they had to increase sale price.  It's now completely overpriced.  And - of course - the same issues that put buyers off (before works) still exist.   The receiver has tried for 2y to assert the works increased value. But he is relying on agents estimates - which have proved highly speculative. (Usual trick of an agent to give a high value to get the business - and then tell seller to reduce when no-one buys.). And of course lender continues to accrue interest (despite 4y ago receiver saying pause interest). Lender tried to persuade receiver to use specific agent. Disc shows this agent was best friends with the lender's main investor in the property.  Before works this agent had valued it low.  After works this agent suggested a value 70% higher!  The lender persuaded receiver to sack one agent and instead use this agent.  No offers. (Price way too high).   Research has uncovered that this main investor has since died.  I guess his investment is part of probate? And his family want it back?    Disc shows the sacked agent had actually received a high offer 1y ago.  Receiver rejected it.  (thus I don't know if the buyer would have ever proceeded). He was relying on the high speculative valuation the agents had given him to pitch for the business. The agents were in a catch-22.  The receiver sacked them. Disc shows there has been 0 interest ever since (inc via new agent requested by lender). I don't think lender or receiver want all this to come out in public domain via a trial.  It will ruin their reputations. If I can't get an order for sale with lender - can I apply separately against receiver?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Car Boots-Dealers-Stories-People i meet and more-you can join in.Your story.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2699 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Car Boots.-My experience so far-observing people talking and buying and selling.Four weeks now

and still going but have learned a few lessons.And boy have i had some fun.

And met people you would not believe perhaps to meet with many tales of the unexpected which i prise out of them.

Well anyone who reads some of my threads it does not take long to realise old Tawny sometimes struggles a bit with today's modern world where things seem to cost so much.

So tries anything to make a few quid.Many fail but some work if only for a while.

Money is needed for the most basic things.

Rent,Council Tax,Electric,Gas,Food,Insurance,Petrol if only a fivers worth.

Many of us must be struggling,surely i am not the only one.I know i am not.

So i think of things to try to make a little extra.Whether from nothing,things that you can collect for free and sell on,or a little buying and selling.And i mean a little,anything over a tenner makes me shiver.

I will admit to being 60 now and five years ago had a heart attack that i have to admit though do not want to has affected me slightly.Whether age,medication i do not know,but after standing or moving for a few hours i usually have some pains.

Not complaining but can not do what i used to do,but try.Hospital check recently says i am ok,so that will do for me.

But had to change construction job.

Now recently i thought to myself you have to find a few more pounds from somewhere but how.

So got a cleaning job in the evening.Just a couple of hours a couple times a week.

Not enough,mmm what else.

So i do not know if this will help anyone who may be struggling but this is what i do to try to earn extra.

I will share with you,and if you have any ideas to make a few pounds let us know.

I am not keeping them top secret,why do that.Life's to short.

1-I have been collecting Driftwood for a few years now.Which people are telling me is worth a few pounds.

Will mention more another time..

2-Propagating plants and selling on.Beginning to make a few pounds,though expected perhaps this time of year.

But due to me loving plants,the garden is full and so is one bedroom,

resemling now a Rain Forest people say when i let them in that is.House plant department.

Now let us get to the Car Boot Part.

Really raw start to my latest adventure,a little story for you.Usually i would put a story on that takes more than 5 minutes to read on a Saturday,but hey does it matter.

Started 4 weeks ago.Not suggesting anyone tries this a little risky perhaps.

Took a look at the weather forecast on a Friday,dodgy Saturday,frosty night then Clear frosty,calm Sunday.

Right,what can i do,need a Sunday Dinner,it was that bad,hard to believe perhaps but true,so loaded a few things up in boot of car,put back seats down and put there as well,as well as paste table,retrieved from old days of paper hanging.Just random items,that were not any use to me.And not worth a lot.Of course i had not got the eight pounds cost of standing as they call it but am the eternal optimist and set off.After scraping ice of the car.And defrosting eyebrows etc.

Seemed to myself the middle of the night.

Opened door for wifey and settled down for ten minute drive.

Set off 6-30,of course in the wrong direction to where i wanted to go,wifey giving me the knowing look but quiet,possibly thinking where she went wrong when meeting me many years ago.I got lost as usual,turned round and followed a van with trailer and pasteboard tied to top of roof hoping that within the next ten minutes i would not be on the M6 heading to Scotland. A mystery tour was on the cards perhaps..

Once headed to Manchester Airport and ended up on the moors somewhere in Yorkshire.

Luck would have it he was heading to where i wanted to go.And later when talking to him i told him and we had a laugh about it.

Said he had done it for 30 years.Wondered why someone was going slow behind him like a tracker dog.Or the taxman.

7-30 arrived,place was packed and ended up at the back of a field.Slight thoughts of will my car when the frost melts,with escape later when frost goes.

MMM,i thought what a place to be but never mind.Wrens, Blackbirds singing, geese, flying over,Even a couple

of Swans did a flypast. Frost on the ground,pennines in the distance tops covered in snow.

God bless the Dealers,they usually are first there i found out and are ready to spend.

Made enough in 30 minutes, for breakfast,Bacon Roll,Barm,and steaming mug of tea.7 quid,note went to head said, Flask and sandwiches next time boy,thoughts of dent in profits.

Forgot about the eight quid that would be asked for,never mind.

Slowly confidence rose when next 10 pounds was collected,enough To pay the rent when asked for.

Started chatting to a few people and listening to their stories.I am nosey but like a story or two.

One chap had sailed the Atlantic single handed,started tours around the Bahamas afterwards and was a healer as well.

Was doing fine till decided to buy a bigger boat,large to do bigger tours,engine went bang,he went bust and nearly ended up rowing back single handed.But had had a fascinating life all the same.

I will tell other tales of the car boots as the thread goes on,i do not want to go on to long or this will turn into a book.But already i have at least four.That may surprise you.

I am registered with the taxman for this kind of business.No use covering things up at my age,forget what i have said

after a day or two if not written down.And no need of a offshore tax haven yet,will pay what is due or not.

So where was i upto,ah yes.About half twelve people started packing up so did i,put empty boxes that is back in boot,80 pounds in my money tin.

After expenses,rent,tea,food etc.

And headed to Aldi for nice piece of beef,yorkshire pudding and vegetables.And enjoyed it immensely.

Though shortly afterwards went out like a light for a few hours like a contented cat.

Now i also look for bargains,not knowing much but if under a fiver when i am flush will buy them,and sell them on online sites.although shaking when i part with a note.

Here is a tip for you that i have bought and sold a couple of times and are around it seems.

Will pop one or two on now and again,and i hope you will to.let us help others make a few pounds perhaps.

So join in this thread,tell us your experience,i will put stories on about Dealers,people,traders i have met

and many other stories as things hopefully develop.And i am sure you will find them interesting,and will surprise you.

Tip one.

Bells Whisky Bottles-The ones you save your coins in.Usually around 50 pence to as much as 6 pounds,i have paid.

They always sell for upto 50 pounds plus postage.On online sites.Now stop rushing around i know you have one.

Plenty of time.

smaix0.jpg

Last thought today,i know perhaps many people perhaps are not able to,due to illness,disability many reasons to not be able to do such a thing.And may need a few pounds extra to help a little.And perhaps have many unwanted items.

Well ask a friend,form a group perhaps think about things anyway.I am,but a story their for another day.

Well enough for now i feel,popping down to the Tip shop to see what has been Donate d .

Bye Tawnyowl.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Important really to look at a few things.Then we can get on with the fun.

Better try to clear some things up about Car Boots.Just been looking round for a UK guide on this that covers all areas but cannot at the moment.

Going to cover the laws,safety,and how to watch out for trickery that may rarely happen but if new nice to know.

But this first link seems reasonable advice.

Selling at Car Boot Sales Trading Standards and the Law

http://www.ruspercarbootsale.co.uk/Car_Boot_Sales_Tips_Advice_Law_Legal_Advise.php

Hard to believe that theft may happen on a carboot but does.It happened to me.

I will not go to deep into that ,but put a link on so you can understand.Keep your eyes open and a sharp watch.

Will tell you some stories another time.

A link for you.Same place as before.

Car Boot Sale [problem]s

First of all, you're probably never going to have to worry about car boot sale [problem]s or [problem]mers if you are just holding a one-off boot sale stall.

The last thing we want to do is put people off going to car boot sales! However, we want everyone to have a good day and enjoy their local car boot sale and so it's best to be wise to the [problem]s that do go on.

http://www.ruspercarbootsale.co.uk/CAR_BOOT_SALES_ADVICE_TIPS_CAR_BOOT_[problem]S.php

3RD Thing,check the weather forecast,nothing worse than setting up and the heavens open.

Now the farmer will realise that and collect his money early in my limited experience.I was caught out.:lol:

I find Netweather pretty accurate and has a weather radar map.

Link here.

http://www.netweather.tv/

4th thing.Once again in my limited experience.

Make sure the Car Boot is advertised locally.Advertising boards etc.

Nothing worse than making a lot of effort only to be talking to other Car Booters.Next to no customers.

Yes it happened to me and some experienced ones as well.No advertising on local roads etc.

This one will surely fail over time due really to laziness on the organiser, who only is interested in collecting a few quid every week in my view anyway.

So that covers a few things and my next post will be lighter.Please have your say ,and tell us a few stories.

Back to the garden.

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

Car boot sales are no longer that popular from what i can see. Locally there use to be several running, but now the nearest is about 5 miles away.

I can remember taking loads of stuff to a car boot, paying £6 for a pitch and i think over about 5 hours only sold about £40 worth of stuff. People were only interested in the cheap items. And if you put a price label on anything, it puts people off, as they then don't want to make an insulting offer.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Car boot sales are no longer that popular from what i can see. Locally there use to be several running, but now the nearest is about 5 miles away.

I can remember taking loads of stuff to a car boot, paying £6 for a pitch and i think over about 5 hours only sold about £40 worth of stuff. People were only interested in the cheap items. And if you put a price label on anything, it puts people off, as they then don't want to make an insulting offer.

Well ,plenty round my neck of the woods unclebulgaria67. Packed out the last few weekends apart from Bank Holiday Sunday,Monday when rain was about.200-300 cars,vans,refreshment stalls etc.

Unwanted articles turned into cash making 30 40 50 60 and more, fresh air to boot.

Some people i have talked to find it a place to chat meet new people,one lady hoping to meet a new mate even.

Business thoughts of Carboot meeting,Dating area but not refined yet:-)

Others telling how lonely they were at home,divorce problems,loss of partners things like that.

I understand the bartering that goes on,part of the fun.And yes i only price a few items and tell a Tale or two and people laugh.

And the insulting offers that i have a answer for,i am never rude.

If a person with children buys something off me,i always have free items for the kids,Usually at the moment Gnasher from the Beano.Stand up card.

Send them away happy and sometimes they return.

Selling a Woven Picture explaining this was made by the Ancestors of the People who made The Bayeux Tapestry depicting the Battle of Hastings caused a few laughs and sold.

When asked where they produced this,where they lived i replied where else but Peckham Towers,London.

I have one line 2.00 where if people show a little interest i tell them a true Tale,cheapest in Britain,success rate 80% which is good by anyone's reckoning.

Some come with eye glass looking at things.

Some speak when you talk to them,some do not.

You have to expect anything.

Other booters have shown me much friendship and surprised me in ways you would find hard to believe.

But will tell you more another time.

Get down there this weekend,have some fun and chat away to people you meet.Might be myself,and you will be lucky to escape if you do without buying something.:-)

Tawnyowl was it the Blackpool carboot, in a farmers field? The first one of the year?

:madgrin: Good heavens,i just read your post,I am speechless.

If you bought anything off me i hope it worked.:-D

Or were you a trader that took a lot of time to set things up and was disappointed.

At another Car Boot,locally.

I told a few i was going to start writing a story when i had done a little more research.

Moving on now,last few bits of advice if thinking of doing a car boot.And you are new to it.

I put a link on before to show you the tricks that could be played on you.Just to be aware that is all.

iT DID NOT WORK SO HAVE DONE IT ANOTHER WAY.

It is on this link.On this link is info for all,whether a seller or buying.

Part six on the left hand side.

http://www.ruspercarbootsale.co.uk/Car_Boot_Sales_Tips_Advice_Law_Legal_Advise.php

Talks of the -

1-The BOXER

This used to just happen at markets but is now becoming more common at car boot sales.

2-The FAKER

Markets and car boot sales seem to be a favorite place for passing on fake bank notes. The fake bank note trick.

3-The DISTRACTOR.

4-The JUGGLER

This a when a buyer picks up several items at a time, putting some back down on the stall and then picking up more.

5-The STRIPPER

This is a common [problem] and plays on the ‘sellers conscious’.

6-The Palmist

This is probably the most common way of losing items from your stall. The palmist is an opportunist thief.

7-The Pickpocket.

Much more info on the link.Part 6.Left hand side.

Please remember, you're very unlikely to be affected by any of the subjects covered - just think it's better to be aware of them - happy Car Booting.

That is it for now.I will prepare some more posts over the next few days.

1 st one will be the Strawberry man,a fascinating man that gave me a full day of entertainment watching him sell his Strawberries.

And what a tale he told me.

And if some of you have met me locally already it might be your turn soon.:-)

I hope some of you out there have some tales to tell about Car Boots.

I have only been doing them 4 weeks,how long perhaps have you been doing them.

70s 80s 90s noughties,you have got a massive story if you have.Tell us.

Get the Quill out dip it in ink and let your story free.

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

Now for anyone who has not done a carboot before and maybe doing one this weekend.

Weather forecast is very important,so here is this weekends and next weeks weather forecast video.

I have found it pretty accurate.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=video;sess=

Soon you will be driving down those country Lanes early in the morning,mists swirling round you.A nip in the air.

You are up that early you will probably hear the Dawn Chorus,when nature is at its best.

Arriving at your destination full of expectation.Into the farmers field or even a disused airfield,where you first see the marshals who will guide you to where you will be standing for the day.Some take your money then,some wait a while but best to have the money handy.

Those friendly Dealers who if you have not been seen before will be eying your goods up in hope of discovering the long lost treasures of days gone by.But will provide you quickly with your standing money usually and are a friendly lot.

And are probably going to be your first customers usually in my limited experience.Then there maybe is a slight lull where you have a bit more time to set your table up make it look at its finest.

Of course it is still early,maybe only 7-8 am and the Great British Public are at this time opening their eyes,or tucking into breakfast planning their day.Which of course involves a visit to the Car Boot where you will be ready to sell them your goods.

Some have come to buy,some have come to walk their dogs.Or a little exercise but if you feel so inclined,have a chat to them say good morning and they may chat back to you.And before you know it will be buying off you.

And many have interesting tales to tell.

I now carry a dog bowl and water as a field in the sun can get rather warm to put it mildly and another way of getting customers,as you show them the dog leads,and dog treats you have strangely brought with you.

And of course the dogs appreciate the water.

Now what did i come to say,oh yes,the Strawberry man,my first tale.I will try to keep it short.Will put it on soon.

Also it is Saturday and i would usually be out on a field somewhere but a rest today,prepare for a huge car boot in the area tomorrow,the first of the season.Making a few things.

I may even put some photos on.But tomorrow i am thinking,only thinking of buying not selling.This could change,the weather is set fair,already people are at this moment wheeling and dealing and i am missing it.

The sun is already shining,the air is cool,no wind ,perfect day for making a few pounds.

Well my best mate and I met 23 years ago at a carboot we're still good friends. I was selling blank dvds inks and computers. I sold him one for £125. It had 2 dvd rewriters fitted just what he needed. I still fix his computers to this day as well...

This week I took my self off to a good place (1st time in a long time)

I bought the following...

1. 3 adult mountain bikes £9

2. 6 tower pc's £11

3. 12 bluray dvds £6 new and sealed

4. 1 mountain bike £1

5. 1 19" widescreen monitor £3

6. 24 boots No7 age and protect £6 (medium size)

7. 1 other trivial item

Total cost including VAT and auctioneers fees was just £63 the profit margin is huge. Where did I get it all from? It was from a Police locker auction and no reserve.

This was from the Police where items that were stolen and recovered and not returned to the owners as they were not claimed back..

If you want to make huge amounts of money this is a very easy way to do it. You can sell dvds and bluray movies to shops or trade them in for massive profit or sell them on Facebook.

The same for the bikes. But computers I am going to reinstall to windows 7 and donate them to various old folks homes do they can get fit by surfing lol.

Small outlay huge profits no cold weather plus major excitement too. The bikes one I donated to a family member two will go to my mates next carboot.

I recon I could make nearly £200 if I try hard enough.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Hi mikeymack2002.

A interesting post,and opens up a way to make a few pounds.Thanks for sharing.

I have just been looking round to see where these auctions are locally or nationally for those that like the idea.

This is what i have come up with.

Now i do not know if this link leads to other links or anything but have put it on to give some of us a idea of Police Auctions

Police Auctions

The Police Auctions & Sales page contains details of police auctions within the UK. To reduce the number of items stored in the Police Property Store UK police forces dispose of recovered, seized and unwanted items via a police auction. These police auctions include vehicles, bicycles, clothing, electronics, furniture and many other items, which end up in the police property room. There are even special police car auctions. There are incredible bargains to be had at a police auction by those in the know.

A link.

https://www.police-information.co.uk/Docs/policelinks/auctions.html

I think this was something like bumblebee as well, my local auction house is chapel and chapel of Southend on Sea. They have a Web site and you can view this at anytime

Bumblebee is here >> http://www.bumblebeeauctions.co.uk/XcAuctionPro.asp

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

As you say mikeyback,connected to the Police once again.For those that may want to know more.

UK Police Property Disposal.Buyer Guide.

https://www.bumblebeeauctions.co.uk/XcAPBuyerGuide.asp

Search Auctions for those that like to,just have a nose around,no obligation.

Just tap a word in.

https://www.bumblebeeauctions.co.uk/XcAPSearch.asp

:madgrin: Good heavens,i just read your post,I am speechless.

If you bought anything off me i hope it worked.:-D

Or were you a trader that took a lot of time to set things up and was disappointed.

At another Car Boot,locally.

I told a few i was going to start writing a story when i had done a little more research.

Not sure if I bought off you :) Did get a DVD and a book off a couple of stalls, oh and an unopened jigsaw, the only bad thing about that boot sale is leaving the blooming carpark...took an hour!

Hi mikeymack2002.

A interesting post,and opens up a way to make a few pounds.Thanks for sharing.

I have just been looking round to see where these auctions are locally or nationally for those that like the idea.

This is what i have come up with.

Now i do not know if this link leads to other links or anything but have put it on to give some of us a idea of Police Auctions

Police Auctions

The Police Auctions & Sales page contains details of police auctions within the UK. To reduce the number of items stored in the Police Property Store UK police forces dispose of recovered, seized and unwanted items via a police auction. These police auctions include vehicles, bicycles, clothing, electronics, furniture and many other items, which end up in the police property room. There are even special police car auctions. There are incredible bargains to be had at a police auction by those in the know.

A link.

https://www.police-information.co.uk/Docs/policelinks/auctions.html

Further to this post I have scanned up some of the items and prices as a PDF have a look the cost of the items are in the left hand margin

My last auction.pdf

Locally (Laindon Essex) there is one that is huge 3/4 a mile long and 1/4 mile wide its always filled to capacity. These sizes are for the SELLING side only the carpark is twice this area.

You can buy anything from a postcard to the kitchen sink. You can even buy double glazed windows, fresh food, market items, computers and so much more. If you live locally its well worth a visit to do so have a look here >>

http://www.duntonbootsale.com/ then there is

http://www.carbootjunction.com/car-boot-by-county-listing.php?id=11018

finally you can get more information from here for those locally to you see here >> http://www.carbootjunction.com/

Hi mikeymack2002

Essex and their Car Boots.What memories Essex brings back for me.

Entrepreneurial venture number 990 back in 2011.Age 55.

Shot down to Essex with £4.50p and my tools,via Euston,Liverpool Street.Ended up in Chelmsford.

Needed to make some money to pay for a Russian coach for one of the family.He was based down South.

Wanted really to work in London.

And i will read what prices you paid for your items shortly.Thanks for putting that on.

Remember on train going past Stratford,where i saw the Olympic Stadium for the first time.Thought a Spaceship had landed.

Then past Romford with the greyhound stadium,a fine looking track from the train.And finally Chelmsford ending up in Braintree.

Used a Scaffolder for my business when i soon got work who was based in Billericay.

Daily Express with their stupid weather warning headlines promising Armageddon next week finished me when i got a job for a banker who worked at Canary Wharf.

I told my story to them which was true,and a woman said with a imagination like yours you should write a book.

And by the way your punctuation is not that good to.

Just the way i write,straight out of my head.But a story for elsewhere really,just brought back memories.

But so much friendship shown to me,i will never forget Essex.

And neither will i ever forget the Army and Navy roundabout down there.Even the police shoot off,tyres burning to chance it.

I do not know if it is still like that.

But i did go to a Car Boot down there on a Sunday once.Closer to London i feel,old Spitfire outside.

Runway i think used for stalls etc.

Half of London and their stock seemed to be there.Packed out selling everything you can think of.

And had a fine old day.Always seems to be warm down there.

Sparks-

Not sure if I bought off you Did get a DVD and a book off a couple of stalls, oh and an unopened jigsaw,

the only bad thing about that boot sale is leaving the blooming carpark...took an hour!

Well i was selling DVDS and books. Unexplained mysteries titles like that.

And money trees,what other plant could i possibly sell.And plant pots 50% cheaper than the pound shops,take that.

But Nice to hear from you Sparks i hope you will enjoy going back.

Say hello if you do.Look out for money trees etc,and a bloke who is as Bald as a Badger and slightly tanned due to the time i spend in the sun.If you succeed in your quest you can have a free Money Plant.

Not there this Sunday but am next Sunday if the weather gods smile down on us.

I understand the queues to go,but i just class that as part of the day.And turn my engine off if going downhill.

Not that i am tight or anything like that.And gives me chance to count my loot.

Hi determindator.

My aim is to do a booty tmrw. Sellers start 10am buyers 11am. First started early 80's

I hope you have a fine day and sell plenty off items.

And chat to a few people of course.Part of the fun.

Sounds like the car boot you go to is well established.Over 30 years now,wow.

mikeymack2002

Just been reading your list.

Beautiful white wedding dress only worn once:!:

I wonder how that happened to be at a Police Auction,or any auction.

I am baffled.How unusual.

Was it lost,stolen,or thrown from a window after a argument perhaps.

Or,or,or could not wait till arrived at Honeymoon destination. Thrown out of limo perhaps in a fit of passion.Sherlock Holmes is needed i feel to answer that one.

No calm down owl you are to old for such thoughts.

Time to roost after Hot Chocolate.Early start tomorrow.

A mystery.

mikeymack2002

Just been reading your list.

I wonder how that happened to be at a Police Auction,or any auction.

I am baffled.How unusual.

Was it lost,stolen,or thrown from a window after a argument perhaps.

Or,or,or could not wait till arrived at Honeymoon destination. Thrown out of limo perhaps in a fit of passion.Sherlock Holmes is needed i feel to answer that one.

she was nicked after her vows, breach of contract, having it away with the best man, breach of the peace :)

Tawnyowl I happen to know the bridal shop owner personally as the gown was in their marked cover all. I asked them if it was stolen but not. It was from the 2013 range but very lovely.

The original cost of this gown was £1300. I asked them of they wanted to buy it for stock but they said no. As you can see it went for silly money. Although I knew the value it was not for me to buy. Even my daughter didn't want to buy it lol. (As she a leady has one on my wardrobe ready)

This item was added by the bride as a private sale and not subject to police involvement just so happened to be included in this one. It was a beautiful size 14 too....

I also have a thread on a CAG meet somewhere we could do the auction for a laugh then have a fun day afterwards now the weather is very nice? (Southend on Sea CAG meet) any thoughts?

Sounds fun,and i have enjoyed Essex.Southend On sea.Warmest driest place in Great Britain.

But 80 quid for fuel and 8 hours travelling there and back rules out such fun trips.At the moment that is.Car would probably blow up.

Till my fortune is made.But a nice thought mikeymack2002.

Time to tell a tale about the Strawberry man and how i came upon him and found out a interesting story.

It was early in the morning,the mists had risen from the fields tables were set up ready for the days fun.

The dealers had been round and bought the goods they liked,had had a chat, a laugh or two,a few tales were told and had probably ventured off to their next stop.

But i find them interesting,funny and full of tales themselves if you can get them to stand still long enough that is.

And prise a few stories out of them.

Still early in the morning,i was leaning on my car enjoying the first warmth from the sun which was rising fast over the Pennines.A quieter time before the public arrive.Just probably polishing off their breakfasts of bacon and eggs and steaming mugs of tea before heading down to the car boot to buy,who knows what.And i was starving thinking of that.

Anyway i was observing a chap i nicknamed the Master,his tables and cloth spread out before him,very interesting older articles,really expected them to be in a antique shop.

He was from down south,Dorset i feel,not London a pleasant accent.That carried in the calm cool air.

So you could hear what he was saying without looking,just quick glances.

I will say that i enjoy the cockney accent as well and there were a few about.

He had a story for every article he had and the tale was told to everyone as the day went on who showed a interest.

One of the articles he had was a old umbrella,and i watched as he opened it or tried to,the fabric was shredded and i was laughing.Now this guy must have seen me he had been around over 20 years,seemed to have more than two eyes did not miss anything but was likeable.

As the day went on i became obsessed with this umbrella and the tales that were being told about it.

Up and down it opened and closed telling people he wanted it to go to a good home,someone who will look after it.Cherish it.It was only a few pounds.Picture it,a umbrella with shredded fabric.

I had better cut this story short it was supposed to be about the Strawberry man.I have diversified as i do at times.

Anyway a lady about 12am took a liking to this story and the umbrella and bought it,and i finally lost my obsession and he beamed with a smile of satisfaction and success.Maybe his cheapest article but meant a lot to him and myself by then.

And i told him so shortly afterwards.I have seen him since when i was buying on another car boot

I said "Hi,you are the master",he said "yes thats me".

What did i but you may wonder.

A couple of wooden ducks,both with broken legs.About 12 inches high.

A lady with tears in her eyes sold them me if i would look after them.Said they had been in the family for years.1.50

I promised that i would,put them in the Duck hospital and repair them.

And a pot pig money bank about 12 inches long,huge really.Also had been in the family years.75p.

Also a pot pair of hands in prayer,a lady told me once again with tears in her eyes it had been in the family years.5.00

I left with tears in my eyes wondering a few things.

And thinking i believe many people find it hard to part with things but are finding things hard,or parting with goods that have been left to them but that they have no use for.

But when selling memories flood back as they remember days gone by.

I apologise for not putting the Strawberry man story on,i will.

Got up early this morning to write it,but the dogs asked me to take them for a walk round the Lake,i had to take daughter to the gym.Got diversified by the Master story for some reason,all before 9am.And work to do.

Last thing,have you ever seen someone dive into a car boot,completely vanish apart from legs wriggling around,perhaps got a little excited,looking for bargains.

Or driving around the countryside,coming across a tabletop sale,so eager to find a bargain got out of the car,tripped rushing across the road,hopped,tripped over the kerb on the other side hit the table,spun around picked up a vase and said how much is this.The stall holder was surprised to put it mildly.

Or someone who bought a very expensive cup and proudly showing it off,so proud.

Was then told be careful do not drop it,only to be left holding the handle,the handle had been glued on.

The rest was in pieces on the floor.The body in slow motion it seemed floated about

in the air before deciding to disintegrate as it hit the floor.

Or a chap who said please be careful there are pickpockets about,please watch your bags,a team is about.

Well one women within minutes a lady had her purse stolen.The chap was running away not thinking.Trying to escape.

Well the purse was on a chain,can you believe it.About 4 metres long.The purse landed on a floor as she yanked it back.

The chap was shocked and then she charged towards him and lay about him with her handbag.

These are true stories and events that have happened.And i have gone on to long today.Got to do some work,prepare for the weekend when i hope more Tales Of The Unexpected will arrive..

I have a early feeling that the weather will fine up,just for the weekend we will see.Standing tomorrow at Steves.

I hope some of you may be there if you know where it is.

And will someone buy a money plant form me,they will bring you wealth,happiness and a smile from me for sure.Only one pound.Can you believe it.:-)

Just in case,and you are in Lancashire.

http://www.ukcarboot.co.uk/car_boot_sales/11-000023.php

See you soon.

Tawnyowl.

The Strawberry man.About time this story was out there.

Well there i was chilling out observing the Master selling his goods.

When a car rolled up opposite.About 3 metres away 10 feet or so.

Tinted glass at the back,the 4x4 look.

Slowly the door opened and a chap slowly got out and i mean slowly walked round the back of his car and opened the back up.Wonder what is coming out of this.

5 minutes later he brought a paste table out and opened it out.And stood it up.

So 10 minutes gone now.Just one table that is all.

Then you have to picture this if you can and i explain it well enough,slowly he went round the back of his car and brought out 6 at a time punnets of strawberries.

Now a paste table at a guess is about 6 feet long by 2.5 feet wide.

So perhaps 20 or so punnets of strawberries laid out.

Then a small sign was brought out and fixed in a gap he had left on the paste table at the front saying strawberries one pound.

Just a small hand written note on a piece of cardboard,that is it.

Well i thought what a nice thing trying to make a few pounds from his greenhouse he has at home perhaps or perhaps bought from a wholesaler trying to make a few pounds.

And forgot about him for a while while i tried to flog some plants.

A strange thing plants,you can sell none then someone will come past and buy 4 or more of you plus some feed i sell which can mount up a few pounds quickly.

And already i have noticed if your plants have a flower they sell better than those that do not.Visualisation i suppose.

Now planning on pictures that will show people what they look like when in flower.If i get the time,it is hard to believe how much time and preparation goes into this kind of business.The hours and days fly past.

The next time i looked he was calmly walking around his car slowly restocking the strawberries and i noticed a couple of trays empty were stacked up at the rear of his car.

Good he is having a little success and went back to tidying up my stock and chatting to the chap next to me.

After a hour or so i looked again perhaps 9 or so empty trays and he was getting plenty of exercise restocking from his car.

And i did think is this car of his the Tardis in disguise and mentioned my thought to the chap next to me.

He said he was thinking similar thoughts.And laughed.

Now the chap next to me which is another story for later turned out he was a seasoned booter with over 30 years behind him.

And at one time had a spot on Radio Lancashire and a couple of TV appearances.I will tell you more another time.

But was very friendly,kind and surprised me in ways you would not expect.

So this went on hour after hour,trays stacking up higher and higher in rows and myself more convinced than ever this was the Tardis i was looking at.

The chap selling the strawberries as cool as a cucumber,slowly restocking and finally just as the time ran out his last four sold.Perfect timing from a simple operation.

Well being a nosey devil i had to find out the story behind this.Now at times like these people may just tell you to go to hell in a diplomatic way so you look forward to your journey to the furnaces of hell.

But he did not,he settled back in his passenger seat slowly and i asked him if he had a couple of greenhouses.And mentioned that i had worked over 43 years ago in greenhouses locally.A place called Marton Moss.

Sure i saw a glint in his wise old eyes for a moment.We said how times had changed and how many had gone out of business.

Due to many reasons,imports etc.

But his story i was after.Now recalling everything is tough at times,no recorder etc and many stories to remember but this is his roughly.

Told me lad,i am 60 do not forget, in 1965,over 50 years ago i bought a place near where you worked and knew the name of the chap i had worked for.

Said by chance and his lads studying at College and coming into the business he had expanded and moved on.

His family firm now had acres and acres of greenhouses locally and at this very moment had over 300,000 strawberry plants and stocked many local major supermarket chains.Maybe even further afield.

And many people worked picking them and at this very moment to fulfil orders placed.

Although he did mention he was thinking of spending tens of thousands on modern machinery to make things even simpler.

Of course this brings me to the thought as things are modernised many of our jobs could disappear and what then thoughts.

And gives me a chance for people to consider my latest view that a Basic Income for all should be brought in sooner rather than later.For those that wonder what i am on about,if you have a little time.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?461005-Basic-Income-Guarantee-Do-You-Like-The-Idea-Any-Views-Have-Your-Say.

I was pleased at this story,nice to hear a success story,and he was although not showing it a very proud man.

He was cool,calm and his recollection of past events brilliant.

The one question i did not ask was how old are you,i asked a week later diplomatically,i mean how do you ask someone their age.

I said something like have you retired yet are you 65.

He said this year i am celebrating my 80th birthday.

I hope you enjoyed this story.

Some may be wondering why i am writing this on a Saturday.Well it is lashing it down.I got up at 4-30 thinking away to Steves where i made a mistake with the days.It is open Saturdays Sundays and Bank holidays.

So tomorrow it will have to be when the forecast is much better.

And i had not thought or planned on a indoor car boot.Amateur thoughts and not planning enough come to mind.

Learning curve.