weebumble

Using Accident Exchange after accident

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1228 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have been involved in a car accident where as a car reversed into mine while I was sat stationary with engine off. At the scene of the accident I swapped details with the other driver, who contacted me the next day to say that if I was to get a couple of quotes, they would look at paying for some of it.

The garage I took it to have advised me to go through Accident Exchange, instead of going through my own insurance company to save my no claims.

Has anyone any knowledge regarding this or any advice?

Thanks

Stick with insurer... Who is your insurer?

Use either your Insurers or the third parties insurers. If the third party is at fault, quite often the third parties insurers welcome dealing with your claim and you don't have the excess to worry about.

The garage recommended Accident Exchange as they get a commission if you use them. They are likely to make the claim process longer.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Use either your Insurers or the third parties insurers. If the third party is at fault, quite often the third parties insurers welcome dealing with your claim and you don't have the excess to worry about.

The garage recommended Accident Exchange as they get a commission if you use them. They are likely to make the claim process longer.

+1

I express my honestly held opinions - they are nothing more or less than that.

... Its just doing some due diligence that makes them seem unusual ...

The person at fault may well want to settle without making an insurnace claim if the cost is quite low so avoid agreeing to any third party deal as it will always cost someone more money to feed them.

I would be telling that garage they arent getting the business either as they will have sensed a chance to inflate their rates and this will impact on both of you ( oh yes it will, have 2 no fault accidnets and the insurers think there is something about your driving skills that invites trouble). So, go and get a couple of quites without saying whose fault the bash was and then put those quotes to the other person and ask them what they want to do- pay up or go through the insurance.

just be careful moving forward especially if you go via insurance, you will end up at best 50/50 if not your fault, if other driver reverse into you (assuming there back bumper hit your front bumper ?)