BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1426 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hey all! Not sure if this is the best thread for thus? At the restaurant we currently only receive tips as cash and these go direct to your server we have been told with no notice or consultation that tips will now be set up on card payments but via a tronc system...what are the rules around this? From what I u derstand it will be a 70 30 split between foh and boh based on how many hours you work....without getting into the pros and cons of tip splitting, what are the rules around this? Does it class as a change to working terms and conditions ?

My second question, at my salaried role if we work overtime we get a little extra holiday pay according to some law change? I seem to remember a court case about this but can't find the details now, my boss has advised that holiday is a maximum of 28 days regardless if you work 39 hors or 69, is this correct?

Any advice appreciated!

Hello there.

I think you may need to help us with some of the abbreviations please. Tronc may not be too important, but what are foh and boh?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello there.

I think you may need to help us with some of the abbreviations please. Tronc may not be too important, but what are foh and boh?

HB

sorry!! Foh and boh is front of house so the servers and boh is back of house so the kitchen guys...essentially we haven't been asked about the 70 30 split so I now have to give up tips...

tronc is very common and as long as the staff get all of the money I dont see a problem with the system mentioned. It only really becomes an issue if it is used to replace pay or the company keeps a percentage. Expect to pay tax on the money though.

Holiday as time off in lieu is also common so nothing to worry about but it should be based on actual hours so if you work an extra 2 hours a day for a week you expect an extra day off as TOIL. paid holiday should be based on a normal working week so if you work and get paid for a 40 hour week you get paid the same for a weeks's holiday, not for a 35 hour week that are the minimum contracted hours agreed at your start of employment. in short, regular overtime should be paid and you get the same pay for holiday. However, if you are truly on a salary it wont matter because the time you take off will be paid at your normal monthly pay and overtime wont exist (therfore if you are working loads of hours stop it, you are doing someone else out of a job for no pay)