BT Price Increase July 2016

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received an email from BT confirming that my contract will be increasing by £3.50pm from July 2016. I understand that even though I am in contract I can still refuse this increase and leave the contract early, can anyone confirm?

Their email states "if you're within your minimum term and want to cancel, you'll need to give us a call within 30 days of getting this email to avoid paying a charge for leaving early.". I assume if I call they will offer to remove the £3.50pm, does anyone know if I can still reject this and leave?

I am looking for a way out of this contract so this seems like a golden opportunity.

Thanks,

J

Received an email from BT confirming that my contract will be increasing by £3.50pm from July 2016. I understand that even though I am in contract I can still refuse this increase and leave the contract early, can anyone confirm?

Their email states "if you're within your minimum term and want to cancel, you'll need to give us a call within 30 days of getting this email to avoid paying a charge for leaving early.". I assume if I call they will offer to remove the £3.50pm, does anyone know if I can still reject this and leave?

Basically I am looking for a way out of this contract so this seems like a golden opportunity.

Thanks,

J

Yes you can leave early, even if you are within 'contract'

Its unlikely BT will, offer to 'not increase' but they may well offer you some sort of deal which will almost certainly tie you in to a minimum contract term if you accept.

You can simply ring up within the 30 days stated and give notice and simply tell them you are not interested in negotiating.

Make sure you record the call and get confirmation by email of the exit.

Also be wary if your agreements with BT are not 'a package' as in that case, they will insist you can only cancel the part affected by the increase.

They may even claim that if you consider your entire agreement with them a single package.

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Perfect, thank you for your prompt and comprehensive response.

In this instance BT are increasing prices for both the Line Rental and Broadband

so I should be OK to cancel all!

J

Just remember in future to always order a 'package' and always refer to it as such, then you can legitimately say 'you have changed my package deal' if they change one part of the 'package' - particularly if you are considering VM.

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I am in a similar situation as the original poster but I am only 3 months into a 12 month contract for line rental and 18 month contract for broadband. Would I be able to cancel my contract for both without having to pay any penalties and also would I be made to pay for the equipment (BT homehub 5) I have recieved?