style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've recently purchased a two bedroom flat in greater manchester which has economy 7 and storage heaters/immersion heater. I only use it occasionally (maybe one week 5/6 times per year) to visit my grandchildren and I was wondering whether economy 7 was best for me. When I'm up there I would mainly be in the flat in the morning until 10:00 and in the evening from around 9:00 but I notice that economy hours in the NW are 00:30 - 7:30. Does this mean I would have to wait up until 12:30 in the evening to do before I can cook, wash clothes, etc if I wanted to take advantage of the economy hours?

During the day before 12:30 I may use the flat to chill out, watch tv and maybe cook lunch/dinner and I would only maybe wash clothes once a week. In other words, apart from the storage heaters and the occasional clothes wash, most of my energy is used before 12:30 as I don't stay up as late as 12:30. My questions:

what is the difference in cost between economy and normal?

Is it worth staying on economy 7 just for the storage heaters and immersion? (the flat is top floor and even in winter the heating is not used very often

Is it possible to change the economy 7 hours or is this set regionally and non-negotiable?

If I do switch and it seems better to have stayed with ecomony 7 can I switch back?

Thanks in advance. Never used economy 7 before so would welcome views of forum members who can help me.

https://www.ovoenergy.com/guides/energy-guides/economy-7.html

Depends on who the electricity supplier is but generally speaking the tariff can be upto 50% cheaper if mainly used at night between the hours you have noted.

Have a look at the link above and use a comparison site to judge which company would be cheapest and whether E7 is right for you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

The simple answer is yes .

various regions across the Uk vary the time the night rate kicks in. from midnight to 1.00 am, but note they never tell you this in their terms and conditions. It is usually displayed on the meter. So get them to confirm the times.

Also be aware of the summer/ winter switching of clocks forward and backwards, old elec meters are not capable of dealing with such changes so you could easily be out by 1 hour for at least 6 months of the year.

Stevie

But watch for energy companies who misread your day/ night units.

I know of one company that deliberately got this wrong for 7 years , knew about the problem and ignored.

Your problem is only 2 or 3 energy companies will quote ECO 7 tariffs. So best of luck with That.

You could end up wih npower as your supplier and I would not wish that on my worst enemy.