Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • No direct answer for you I am afraid but their actions are surprising. Although banks can and do question unexpected large payments into bank accounts (large relative to what usually comes in) you wouldn't expect a payment from HMRC to be considered a suspicious transaction under money-laundering rules. And you've done the right thing, gone into branch with ID and proof of the source of the payment. Hopefully they will soon unfreeze your account.Sady in all local managers have virtually no say in what happens, it's all down to head office fraud and money laundering team.   Their suggestion that student accounts don't allow you to work is surely nonsense. The requirement in their t&c is that you must be on a full time course, not that you can't work as well. Their t&c say " You must be aged 18 or over and studying on a full-time UCAS registered course of two or more  years’ duration...". Nothing in the t&c about not being allowed to work as well, they made it up. It would be a strange student a/c that said you couldn't work ever - Nationwide must know  that most students need to take part-time/holiday jobs as well to pay their way through university (and have done for as long as student accounts have existed - at least 50 years!)
    • but no judgements yet..urm… think about it..
    • I could never thank you enough Ell-enn - And would never have been able to get through this without your help, support & guidance... Thank you so so much!   I found it all quite traumatic and distressing today - I managed to make myself look somewhat presentable for court and tried to stay as positive as I could, but had a pretty bad panic attack and broke down crying on the way to court, which melted my make-up and I felt very dizzy and unwell. The security staff were helpful and a lady appeared at desk in waiting room (usher I think) and told me that the rep for other side had been there all day, but had popped out for lunch. She said when he gets back he may want to talk to me. I felt like I was going to projectile vomit all over the waiting room. My head started pounding with a severe headache and I was worried I might pass out. He waltzed into the waiting room and stood towering over me at over 6 foot, but only looked about 12 years old.... Very cocky and stood too closely in my personal space. He told me to follow him into a private room for conference and I refused and told him I would prefer for the judge to decide.    Shortly after we were called into the judge. I don't recall his name but I don't think it was the same judge who issued the original possession order and he looked a little bit like Judge Rinder. I broke down crying again soon after sitting down and had to apologise to the judge, who seemed sympathetic. I felt so unwell, embarrassed and humiliated. I then had a panic attack during the hearing and was struggling to breathe - I must have looked such a state.    The judge asked what date the eviction was due to happen (Monday) and then asked me if I had any offers on the house yet and spoke to me briefly, but I could barely speak due to crying. He asked me about my expected return to work and I said I had suffered a nervous breakdown and wanted to be able to get back to work as soon as possible, that my GP had singed me off sick until mid-August and that I was currently on several medications which also affect my ability to work. He asked me if I wanted to say anything else and there was so much I felt I could have put across better, but just didn't feel able to and couldn't think clearly, so said no.   The judge said to the rep for Britannia that he felt concerned about this, but not sure exactly what he meant by that and then the other side stated they had clear instructions to take possession, that I had only paid them £10 and disagreed with my proposal to sell the property myself. The judge asked him if my offer of £50 towards arrears fell in line with Norgan case and the other side said yes. The rep stated that whatever it is I do for a living, my proposals could not be taken into account, as I had no proof or indication of my current income/expenditure.   The judge then came back to me and said he wouldn't be able to agree to more time for property to sell, but would have been able to do more if I had an offer in place / sale agreed. He asked me about my work and for a clearer indication of when I would be able to resume payments / pay a monthly amount towards the arrears. I said that I also had a spinal injury & had had surgery on my spine a few years ago and it was due to complications from that that I had initially been unable to work & fell into arrears and then went on to say that it was Britannias' actions that had caused my breakdown and he did snap at me a bit then and told me he didn't want to hear what Britannia had done, so I apologised. He asked me again when I thought I would be able to resume payments and I asked if September would be ok. I was shaking and having a pretty bad panic attack at that point.    The rep from other side then jumped in and said she needs to pay us straight away, and the judge then stated that he would make an order for me to make repayments from August and suspend the order on those terms. He said if I fell into difficulties again we would be back here again and said that they may be able to help me again if that happened. He asked if that was ok for me and I felt pressured to agree as I didn't feel able to do any other.... I am now now worried about my ability to do this, but obviously relieved at the same time. I think the rep for the other side was a bit p**sed off... He was quite ignorant and I feel traumatised...I feel sorry for the judge having to see me in state like that.   As soon as we had left the room the rep came right up behind me calling my name and told me he needed my updated phone number so that he could contact me. He looked a little bit psychopathic at that point and I told him I didn't want to speak to him and walked off.... I was so dazed I went in the wrong direction when I left the court building and it wasn't until I looked in mirror later that I realised I had tissue paper stuck all over my face from where I had been drying my tears... I HATE Britannia for making me go through that, especially under such poor health.... Which they have caused me!   Thank you again so much for all of your kind wishes and assistance - Especially Ell-enn, as without your help I would be facing Bailiff eviction next week - And still won't sleep until that time has passed.... xx         
    • Just thought I would update, Unite the union have now intervened although initially at a low level.   They have contacted HR at the firm asking them to deal with it in order to stop Unite getting involved
    • Hi.  This was one of the posts i'd seen before - they mention 4 in court and having to pay £1000's in court costs alone...  Presumably, if they're paying costs, there has been some success...??    
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1098 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I purchased a car on finance in August 2015.

 

Within a week it had a major issue.

 

Fault repaired within 3 weeks.

 

Then 5 months later another major issue.

 

Fault repaired within 2 weeks.

 

Now 8 months on and it's leaking oil which is causing smoke under bonnet.

 

I'm now wanting to reject offer of repair from the dealer

and reject the whole car through the finance.

 

I've already sent them recorded letter stating this.

 

What kind of reply can i expect ??

 

Thanks

 

1st fault clutch and flywheel ... 2nd fault new egr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would help if you also stated make, model, mileage bought, mileage complained at etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vw golf 59 plate 47500 on clock when bought 51000 now. Car is no longer in use its ready for collection. I'm just wondering how long I should give the company before I send a final letter? What response would I expect to receive of the finance company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

had a car on finance years ago, it got stolen, recovered but engine blew up shortly after (con rod had been bent it seems) , Insurance claim put in === my usual luck the Insurance company went bust, car at a garage 200 miles away! After problems with Finance company would not assist in the issue, managed to fund with a Bank loan to get car repaired, eventually paid garage and traveled back with car, but after 140 miles car seized, car towed to home garage, AA vehicle inspector came to inspect the engine and components which had been split down for inspection, The consequences were as feared - that model was an export model of a different CC so the so called Recon engine fitted is NOT a recon BUT the original with a weld sealed up crack in the main cylinder bore, (What) amazing the car got any distance was murmured.

 

AA report they approached the garage in question BUT (my luck as usual) Garage out of Business!! left with a useless car, debt to Bank! and Finance company chasing me for monies! in the end they took it away and stated they will get new engine sell the car and any proceeds over I get (NOT), but to pay 50p a week meantime, or they will get me into court to-morrow, Oh! yes I said then you will have a problem, why the Finance guy said, just a minute I picked up suitcase and stated bye I am off to the Middle east, and rent here no more!

 

so if a finance company helps you in any way you will be lucky!


:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just after some advice people.

I purchased a car in August 2015 on finance. Within a week it developed a major issue with engine shaking. 3 weeks later new clutch and flywheel replaced. 5 months on and now a breakdown. Contacted dealer and the fault was fixed within 2 weeks ( new egr valve ) .. now 8 months on and it's leaking oil which is causing smoke from under bonnet and also smell of fumes through the vents. I've been offered by the dealer to a diagnostic and possible repair but I'm now wanting to reject the car and their offer of repair. I've totally lost faith in the car. The car is a vw golf 59 plate. Mileage when bought was about 47800 and it's now on about 51000. I've already sent 2 letters recorded to both the finance and the dealer.

I'm just wondering what reply to expect from the finance company. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there.

 

I've merged your threads as they seem to be about the same car.

 

I'm not sure why you've started a new thread?

 

HB


Illegitimi non carborundum

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only made new one as there wasn't many replies in my other thread . Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you haven't had a reply to date, who is the finance company and what type of finance agreement is it ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna keep the finance company name quiet for the time been until I recieve a response. Finance is conditional sale ... I'm unsure what the diff is between conditional and hp . Hope I receive a letter off them soon. I think I could have a decent claim with this ... well hopefully ☺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've received a reply from the place I bought the car, they are refusing my rejection. I now hope to here from the finance company which depending on their response, I'll have no other option than to ask the ombudsman to step in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well as a condition finance agreement comes under the Sale of Goods Act, that is what you must act on.

I'd say it's not of satisfactory quality but it is up to you bring evidence of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll let you no how I get on once I've received reply from finance .. cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the car belongs to the finance company, it's them you should be talking to and not the seller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm currently in the process of rejecting my car on finance due to problems,

ombudsman already involved.

 

I'm just wondering if all involved can't solve my rejection?

 

Will the finance company help with costs for repair from the car manufacturer.

 

The car was purchased via a dealership and I don't want them anywhere near my car again

after a already repairing faults but they are a waste of time.

 

So I'm wondering if they will help out if I go through the manufacturer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

threads merged yet again.

 

 

please keep to one thread

 

 

dx


PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

 

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no automatic right to reject after all this time. You are now deemed to have accepted the car. It is now up to you to prove that any faults were present at the time of purchase.

 

Have you checked to see where the oil leak is ?

 

New clutch, new egr valve, all at 50,000 miles, something not right there unless it's 47,000 miles of very short trips to the shop and back.

Edited by Conniff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conditional Sale Agreements are also covered by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 ...The agreement is secured against the car. ...you can change the car before the end of your finance agreement if you are not satisfied with the vehicle.

 

Andy


We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oil leak seems to be coming from egr area and possibly dripping onto manifold which is causing the smoke .. the ombudsman are currently dealing with it atm just hoping they can help ... if not do you reckon I could bill the finance company if I was to have the car repaired at vw and not the dealership I bought from

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...