Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Yes in my first post I asked if they were going to pay me my full wages or ssp.    I have asked for an assessment but no reply yet. I've been off one day so far.  The only message they sent me said that because of the risk of contagion, they do not want me to come in.  Is this not enough? - Sounds like they are suspending for clinical reasons to me. 
    • I've requested a credit report from Experian now, I should receive it by next week
    • Hi I have decided I don’t want to use this company, however they say a refund takes 5-10 working day, however as we don’t have much good weather I want to buy the machine form a more reputable seller ASAP, is there anything thing I can do to remains a quicker refund. The machine cost over a grand so I don’t have any spare money to be paying for both machines.
    • Thanks dx. No, there's no reference number in the writ itself.    Who are the pursuers:   Erudio Student Loans Limited, a company incorporated under the Companies Acts and having its registered office at c/o Wilmington Trust SP Services (London) Limited. Third Floor. 1 King's Arms Yard, London EC2R 7AF   Who Are the Solicitors:   Shoosmiths LLP   What is the writ for –   Preceding the Condescendence and Pleas In Law sections provided in post 1, there's the following text: The pursuers crave the Court to grant decree against the defender for payment to the pursuers of the sum of AMOUNT together with expenses   what date was this served on you:- 17th July   what date is within the COURT STAMP: 19th JUNE (not July as entered in post 1)   What Is the claim for: Student Loan   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files - I don't know but can find out   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? -  Before 2007;  first loan has a 1998 account number   Were you aware the account had been sold/assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Yes I believe so   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not to my knowledge   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? Yes   When was your last payment:-  I believe I made at least one payment in late 2015 after having been late in submitting deferment forms that year   Why did you cease payments:- I only made payments to cover a couple of months' payments which were due because of my deferment had been submitted late. I stopped once those payments had been covered   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved?  No   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan?  No    
    • I emigrated to australia permanently about a year and a half ago, but still have an overdraft of 2500 pounds with a bank in the UK. I am struggling to pay it off, and am being charged 1.75 a day for the overdraft. I have not informed the bank that I have moved to Australia.   Im wondering what is the best course of action. I do not intend to return to the UK and have no assets or family over there. I rang up a call centre for the bank and informed them of my situation and they suggested i ring the branch and speak to them. I intend to pay the debt off, but am not in a position to do so right now, and was hoping the bank might put a hold on the charges, whilst I can get the finances to pay them off.   alternatively, what would happen if I did not pay this debt off
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1102 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I purchased a car on finance in August 2015.

 

Within a week it had a major issue.

 

Fault repaired within 3 weeks.

 

Then 5 months later another major issue.

 

Fault repaired within 2 weeks.

 

Now 8 months on and it's leaking oil which is causing smoke under bonnet.

 

I'm now wanting to reject offer of repair from the dealer

and reject the whole car through the finance.

 

I've already sent them recorded letter stating this.

 

What kind of reply can i expect ??

 

Thanks

 

1st fault clutch and flywheel ... 2nd fault new egr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would help if you also stated make, model, mileage bought, mileage complained at etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vw golf 59 plate 47500 on clock when bought 51000 now. Car is no longer in use its ready for collection. I'm just wondering how long I should give the company before I send a final letter? What response would I expect to receive of the finance company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

had a car on finance years ago, it got stolen, recovered but engine blew up shortly after (con rod had been bent it seems) , Insurance claim put in === my usual luck the Insurance company went bust, car at a garage 200 miles away! After problems with Finance company would not assist in the issue, managed to fund with a Bank loan to get car repaired, eventually paid garage and traveled back with car, but after 140 miles car seized, car towed to home garage, AA vehicle inspector came to inspect the engine and components which had been split down for inspection, The consequences were as feared - that model was an export model of a different CC so the so called Recon engine fitted is NOT a recon BUT the original with a weld sealed up crack in the main cylinder bore, (What) amazing the car got any distance was murmured.

 

AA report they approached the garage in question BUT (my luck as usual) Garage out of Business!! left with a useless car, debt to Bank! and Finance company chasing me for monies! in the end they took it away and stated they will get new engine sell the car and any proceeds over I get (NOT), but to pay 50p a week meantime, or they will get me into court to-morrow, Oh! yes I said then you will have a problem, why the Finance guy said, just a minute I picked up suitcase and stated bye I am off to the Middle east, and rent here no more!

 

so if a finance company helps you in any way you will be lucky!


:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just after some advice people.

I purchased a car in August 2015 on finance. Within a week it developed a major issue with engine shaking. 3 weeks later new clutch and flywheel replaced. 5 months on and now a breakdown. Contacted dealer and the fault was fixed within 2 weeks ( new egr valve ) .. now 8 months on and it's leaking oil which is causing smoke from under bonnet and also smell of fumes through the vents. I've been offered by the dealer to a diagnostic and possible repair but I'm now wanting to reject the car and their offer of repair. I've totally lost faith in the car. The car is a vw golf 59 plate. Mileage when bought was about 47800 and it's now on about 51000. I've already sent 2 letters recorded to both the finance and the dealer.

I'm just wondering what reply to expect from the finance company. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there.

 

I've merged your threads as they seem to be about the same car.

 

I'm not sure why you've started a new thread?

 

HB


Illegitimi non carborundum

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only made new one as there wasn't many replies in my other thread . Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you haven't had a reply to date, who is the finance company and what type of finance agreement is it ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna keep the finance company name quiet for the time been until I recieve a response. Finance is conditional sale ... I'm unsure what the diff is between conditional and hp . Hope I receive a letter off them soon. I think I could have a decent claim with this ... well hopefully ☺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've received a reply from the place I bought the car, they are refusing my rejection. I now hope to here from the finance company which depending on their response, I'll have no other option than to ask the ombudsman to step in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well as a condition finance agreement comes under the Sale of Goods Act, that is what you must act on.

I'd say it's not of satisfactory quality but it is up to you bring evidence of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll let you no how I get on once I've received reply from finance .. cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the car belongs to the finance company, it's them you should be talking to and not the seller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm currently in the process of rejecting my car on finance due to problems,

ombudsman already involved.

 

I'm just wondering if all involved can't solve my rejection?

 

Will the finance company help with costs for repair from the car manufacturer.

 

The car was purchased via a dealership and I don't want them anywhere near my car again

after a already repairing faults but they are a waste of time.

 

So I'm wondering if they will help out if I go through the manufacturer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

threads merged yet again.

 

 

please keep to one thread

 

 

dx


PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

 

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no automatic right to reject after all this time. You are now deemed to have accepted the car. It is now up to you to prove that any faults were present at the time of purchase.

 

Have you checked to see where the oil leak is ?

 

New clutch, new egr valve, all at 50,000 miles, something not right there unless it's 47,000 miles of very short trips to the shop and back.

Edited by Conniff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conditional Sale Agreements are also covered by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 ...The agreement is secured against the car. ...you can change the car before the end of your finance agreement if you are not satisfied with the vehicle.

 

Andy


We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oil leak seems to be coming from egr area and possibly dripping onto manifold which is causing the smoke .. the ombudsman are currently dealing with it atm just hoping they can help ... if not do you reckon I could bill the finance company if I was to have the car repaired at vw and not the dealership I bought from

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...