Gemini PCN - blue badge holder, disabled bay for 33 minutes **CANCELLED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please advise!

My 7 year old daughter is severely impaired and she has a blue badge. We use a wheelchair adapted car.

We usually park in disabled bays.

On 20th of Apr 2016 we received Parking Charge Notice from Gemini, parking operator ar Rivermead Centre Reading.

The PCN states that the car exceeded the 30 minutes free of charge parking with 3 minutes.

They've asked a payment of 100£, 60 payable in 14 days.

My opinion :

1. I thought disabled parking (public or private) are free of charge.

2. The PCN was issued on 20th of Apr for a civil offence committed on 20 th of march - is thus corect?

3. The signs displayed in the parking are ambiguous without any mentions regarding terms & conditions.

4. I've sent an email to the Rivermead Centre asking for the terms and conditions that apply in their car park with NO answer back.

When my daughter is not in the car we don't use the disabled bays nor her blue badge.

I didn't find any other post with the same situation and I open this one.

Please find attached the PCN

I would appreciate a lot your opinions!

Best regards,

Marius

IMG_20160503_102834.jpg

DSC_1864.jpg

DSC_1866.jpg

firstly

BB's disabled bays

and any tarmac graffiti mean NOWT in private car parks

so I cant see how the can issue a charge when you not dis-obeyed any of them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you need to remove pers info from your pictures

I#ve taken them down already for you

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That is the issue!

Not long ago was a normal, public car park with the same configuration.

The signs are ambiguous and we thought that the same rules apply..

. Meaning blue badge holders don't need to pay.

So we didn't pay but they said we overstayed 3 minutes the free period of 30 minutes.

Now I really don't know if We should challenge the notice or pay the unlawful invoice.

Thanks

Ps. I thought I removed personal ddetails... Obviously not

Then they should read their ATA rules on triviality.

I presume that someone came round with a stopwatch and started the timer the second you got out of the car

and stopped the clock the second you restarted the engine to leave?

If not they are talking out of the wrong end of their alimentary canals when they say you owe the money.

I would be ripping into the owners of Rivermead for allowing these bandits to make a living by being dishonest.

As for the claim,

was it a ticket on screen or a letter through the post with pictures of your car leaving the site?

If the latter we need to knwo dates of event and the date you got the letter.

If a screen ticket ignore it and tell us when you get a letter through the post.

Carry on with the complaining though and let the Rivermenad people know you will be after them

for disability discrimination as they are responsible for allowing these bandits to create problems

. Let us know what the development owners/management say as you may well need to take it further.

It was a letter through post. Pictures of my car coming in and out of the car park. Time difference of 33 minutes and something.

It is really frustrating... Is not enough that we're fighting Cerebral Palsy, but we need to loose time with these profiteers.

Any help is welcome.

Hope we can cancel this "unlawful invoice"

Many thanks!

IMG_20160503_210921.jpg

again you left all you personal info showing!!

please use PDF too.

unapproved.

dx

and they

Gemini Parking Solutions - "Unfortunately following a technical error a number of Parking Charge Notices were issued in error between the dates of 17th - 22nd March 2016.*We can confirm that all Parking Charge Notices relating to these dates have been cancelled and a*confirmation letter will be sent to all motorists.”

The Rivermead management team would also like to thank our members for their patience and understanding with regards to this matter.

http://www.better.org.uk/alerts/6499

http://www.better.org.uk/leisure/rivermead-leisure-complex

Is this the place the car was parked?

• Haha 1

Yes! This is the place!

I'll send them letters... Leisure centre and the parking operator also.

Great stuff

Thank you!

It sounds like they ( Gemini ), should be sending you notification that the charge is cancelled. I would take some screen shots of the website if I were you though.

Of course I did!

I won't wait for their letter... They might forget... System error..

I'll send letters with attachments.

Anyway, many thanks for help!

Great community here!

Hi

Actually, you were not parked for 33 minutes. You entered and left the car park in 33 minutes. That is not parking. As this was ANPR, they would have no idea if a disabled person was in the car or not.

I wouldn't even bother responding to this notice but I would complain long and hard to the leisure centre.

If you did contact Gemini, let them know of the blue badge and also the requirement of a grace period that should have been allowed. Tell them in no uncertain terms that should they wish to escalate this further, you will seek a harassment claim against them.

The local press may be interested too.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi!

Today I received the letter from Gemini stating that their system issued the PCN by error.

No other explanation...

For me is enough, but for the people that will receive PCN from now on what will be the assurance that they are right?

I sent emails to the leisure centre... Because after the first one I didn't get an answer, in the second I said that I'll involve the local MP and mass media.

Surprise... They answered straight away... With apologies and very helpful, adding my car number to their system so I won't get a fine.

What can I say... Rip off...

Thank you all for advising me.

Respect!

They have done right by you but avoided taking the necessary action to do right by everyone. If they did that how will they make a dishonest crust?

Anyway, congrats on your efforts and the just result. I hope you now see that the private parking industry is totally reliant on lies, deception and the ignorance of the public rather than proper business practices and will question every aspect of their business.

Come back here for advice sgould you get another ticket from any of them before communicating with the company..

I can safely say it WAS NOT issued in error. They tried their luck and lost. They will just move on to the next person hoping that they have found a mug.

Well done. I will mark this as Cancelled

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Yes, I belive the same!

I wonder how many of us already paid for PCNs issued by "system errors".

They should be sent to work.

This business is a big [problem] and they get away with it because we don't have enough time or energy to fight.

Like myself, happy with the situation solved, there are many of us...

We should stick together and give them a legislation lessons...

Let's think how to take them out of this so called business!!!

Almost everywhere around the world parking is free of charge.

It's enough that I am a customer of a shop, leisure centre, cinema, patient,etc.

If someone decides to take action, count me in!

Take care!