OPUS Charging For Pass Through Amount Wrongly?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Got a letter from OPUS saying they were increasing my rate by 6% and using the reason "Pass Through Amounts" increase (PTI). Havent got a problem with that as we already pay the CCL etc so figured it was another one of those, however upon checking the bill there is no separate PTI stated, its just a set 6% increase on rates.

I have checked the T&Cs and it states they can increase 2 ways. First, they can increase if the cost of the supply is more than the contracted rate. However this doesnt apply. Second, they can increase if due to a rise in the PT Amounts. However shouldnt PTA be separated on the invoice, ie like the CCL?

To me it just looks like a rise for nothing? I have queried this again with them as my first dispute re this was before I got the invoice and then I was told it would be listed separately. Now I have the invoice I want proof this is a PTI.

Anyone else had similar issues and am I right in challenging this?

They have a clause stating that I can cancel my contract if they rise in breach of clause 8.1, ie if the cost of supply is more than the contract rate.

Thx

Alot of abbreviations in there, maybe you can expand on them a bit.

Are we talking about gas/elec charges and price rises here?

What contract are you under?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.