How will the SHOCK new car TAX rules affect you?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It would make my current car, £100 a year cheaper to tax.

If someones going to pay upwards of £100k for a car (audi r8, range rover etc) more than i paid for my last house by the way, then why would they baulk at £2k to tax it?

The problem will come when the nil to tax cars become taxable. I imagine most people buy them to save on tax in the first place.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Fair comment.

However a 40k car used will be 25k - which is a large proportion of car buyers

Who will now pay £37.50 a month for choosing a car that is reasonable or of good quality before they have driven anywhere

Similarly those who currently pay nothing will then be paying £140 a year.

All the while cyclist are not paying insurance or tax yet use the roads.

All the while cyclist are not paying insurance or tax yet use the roads.

Yet. There has been discussion to make cyclists have insurance. And as a person who cycles, its much needed.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yet. There has been discussion to make cyclists have insurance. And as a person who cycles, its much needed.

This would be excellent, and while we are at it, people who use mobiles while walking and crossing the road should have insurance as well..

Nissan Leaf will still be free and so will the new Tesla which is going to be under £40k - so does this mean all sub £40k EVs will still be free? I think so but by naming a couple of brands he's left me wondering.

Scandalous.. that the government introduce rules.. supposedly to improve air quality.. then, when the consumer switches to low emission cars, they start to recieve less taxes

so then change the rules, so boost their income.

I know its normal, and in line with what every Labour or Conservative government have done in the last 100 years.. but.. wouldn't it be nice and refreshing to have a

government that acted in a manner that benefits the people. ? - Instead of trying to raise taxes for those that do pay.. why don't they :-

Track foreign vehicles on the roads and make them have an MOT and pay car tax.

Ensure foreign lorries have to pay to drive on our roads.

Set up a scheme where all new bicycles have to pay a tax , to set up an insurance scheme for bikes.. (bit like the Motors Insurance Bereau)

Penalise heavily anyone buying any car worth over 50k.

and probably a million other things i can't think of..

Actually works very well for me as the owner of an older high performance car. Currently my VED is almost £500 a year, it'll fall to £140 under these changes.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

• 2 weeks later...
Actually works very well for me as the owner of an older high performance car. Currently my VED is almost £500 a year, it'll fall to £140 under these changes.

Unless I've missed something, cars already registered will still be taxed under the old rules. My VED is currently £505 so I must be in the same boat as you?