• Tweets

• Hi everyone. So I received the DQ questionnaire, which I filled in and sent off. The claimant did not, and was ordered by the court to do so within seven days. I received their questionnaire by post on day 6. I have still not received the requested documentation, as my 31.14 request.  I indicated that I do not wish to use the mediation service ( I insist I do not owe them money, they insist I do, so I cannot see the point of Mediation) On the claimants DQ form, they indicated they would by happy to mediate. Can anyone tell me what is likely to happen next? does it normally go this far? Is there a case to answer, when they still have not provided the requested documentation?  Thank you in advance!!
    • [I'll try to get it right this time... ]   In order for anyone here to give you a better idea as to what options you have in order to progress this, it would help if you could confirm the details of what has happened.  The fact you won a default judgment against the wrong claimant doesn't necessarily mean that you will win the same claim against the right defendant.  Your claim may have no merit.   You bought a MacBook in-store and the screen failed in some way only a couple of months after purchase.  The store you bought from was closed because of lockdown so Apple provided some kind of pre-paid package to send it to the Czech Republic for repair.  You were told by them that the screen was "cracked" and that this "wasn't covered by warranty".  Is that all correct?   I know you said you were cutting a long story short, but it might be helpful to have some more detail of what has actually happened, and when it happened.  eg date of purchase; when you notified Apple of the defect; what communications there were between you etc.  For example, you say that at some point Apple agreed to refund you but then withdrew this.  When did they agree - was it before or after you sent the thing to the Czech Republic for repair?  Also did they provide the packaging for the return?   Presumably this must have stretched out over many months as most people don't go to the trouble of suing someone like "Apple" without exhausting every other avenue.  So it might be helpful to explain all that happened before you made the decision to sue them...    It would also be helpful to see your Partculars of Claim (apologies if you have already posted them and I've overlooked it!) to see the legal basis of your claim.  I ask because the people in the Czech Republic seem to have rejected your claim as it wasn't covered by Apple's warranty.  It might not be, but depending on what the problem is it might be covered by your statutory consumer rights.  So have you been pursuing this all along as a warranty claim rather than a consumer rights claim?  It might make a difference or it might not.   I presume Apple are suggesting that you must have damaged the screen and cracked it, and that is why it stopped working?  Or are they saying it was damaged in transit - in the packaging that they supplied?     (To re-emphasise the point made previously by @Ethel Street and @dx100uk,  your problem with enforcing the judgment has nothing to do with using the wrong address - it's because you tried to sue a company that doesn't exist.  I presume you should have sued the company detailed in the top left corner of your invoice - that is the entity that sold you the MacBook)
    • It appears Fitness Superstore are rather entrenched in making a fuss. Today I received the following e-mail:   I propose the following reply:  
    • Thank you BF, I am aware of that thread and that was exactly my concern.   We clearly think alike as I had already sent words to that affect weeks ago, below I have posted the communicaton sent and received so you can understand exactly where we are at and how best to respond.   I have already banked the cheque and informed the court that the warrant was satisfied after Shell Energy continued to ignore my correspondence. I am 99% sure I am under no obligation to share my communication with the Court with Shell Energy and they are simply fishing for the same reasons as the Defendant in the other thread or are clearly being inconveniened by visits from the bailiff as a result of the Court not reading their e-mails.   I have worded my proposed response above carefully to ensure that it is clear to any reader that any delay is a result of their subversive attempt to settle the matter rather than simply pay the judgement. Response to their GOGW.   Their reply:     My final response to which Shell Energy did not reply.  
    • [Edit:  I've deleted this post as it was of no help whatsoever as I hadn't read the opening post properly!]
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Hello

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I joined this site after being recommended it by a friend who'd got great advice with an issue he had with a mobile phone company. I've started a thread myself so hoping to get some advice regarding it. Thanks Newnesy

HI there Welcome to CAG

I hope your issue gets resolved :)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D