style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My hubby has today received a PCN for a YBJ offence that took place on 13 April.

The picture on the notice looks pretty conclusive

but I've requested the video evidence just to make sure.

It is a notorious junction in that you think you'll get across because the traffic is moving nicely,

then it all grinds to a halt,

not helped by the pedestrian lights that are spitting distance from the edge of the box.

I'm not looking for excuses for hubby-

if he did it, we'll obviously pay,

but I don't like the idea of giving the council extra money if I don't have to.

My main question is,

should the PCN actually state a contravention code?

This only says

"Entering and stopping in a box junction when prohibited". No codes or nothing else.

I'll upload a copy of the PCN shortly if it helps

Thats a shame but thank you for the clarification Michael.

I'll wait on the video before we pay, just incase there is anything useful on it

Thank you again

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I was wondering what the outcome of you PCN was. Im 100% sure that the YBJ is painted illegally as it has been made smaller and wider than that which was authorised by the Dft. Did you have any luck in an appeal?

Thanks

My hubby has today received a PCN for a YBJ offence that took place on 13 April. The picture on the notice looks pretty conclusive but I've requested the video evidence just to make sure. It is a notorious junction in that you think you'll get across because the traffic is moving nicely, then it all grinds to a halt, not helped by the pedestrian lights that are spitting distance from the edge of the box.

I'm not looking for excuses for hubby- if he did it, we'll obviously pay, but I don't like the idea of giving the council extra money if I don't have to. My main question is, should the PCN actually state a contravention code? This only says "Entering and stopping in a box junction when prohibited". No codes or nothing else.

I'll upload a copy of the PCN shortly if it helps

I also think this YBJ is entrapment as there are two lanes that merge into one,

how can you mind read the other driver in the other lane ?

So you both go, thus offence as only room for one car !

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the delay in replying.

After seeing the video, there could be absolutely no argument - hubby did drive into the YBJ when he couldn't exit the other side, so we paid the fine. There would have been no point in appealing as it would have got laughed at. That said, I do agree that that particular YBJ is a bit iffy.