• Tweets

• Default Amount £9237.88, all this started in 2006 Admitted debt £9075.65 Weightmans added £1515.01 immediately they became involved, no explanation The Statement shows when Marlin bought debt in May 2011 £10439.25 Their statements, not received until the SAR, are based on this. Cabot deducted £1515.01on their statements in January 2019, again did not find this out until SAR. Weightmans added in  2007 after the CH1 etc was confirmed by the court £741.50, made up of Process server fees, Court Fee (they tried for bankruptcy), Solicitors fee and Land Registry fee. Unspecfied Legal costs were added by Marlin in March 2015, again I did not know this until statements received with SAR I had been paying monthly, without exception until December 2018. I am minded to take the property charge, CH1 amount ,deduct all my payments and the subsequent fees, and request/demand a refund on the final payment made? I consistently disputed Weightmans balances, but they never responded. I also told Mortimer Clarke/Cabot that I disputed their amounts.  
    • Just follow this link and have read of some threads so your familiar with the process https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347310-legal-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track/#comment-5178739
    • Sorry,  I'm not familiar with terminology.  Direction questionnaire is what I've seen online as next step. Witness statement: I haven't gone that far, that's why I put the question marks.
    • 2. Is correct disregard 1. You must attend ad per the order 
    • Confirmed with Central Contact Centre that the hearing is 24th, disappointed I can't speak directly with the local county court I have to email the local court apparently is the only way. The agent couldn't explain the discrepancy between the two letters, she sounded very confused. If they were identical letters in wording but only dates were different I would feel ok, slightly worried the wording differs...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Acenden repossession court order

indistress
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, how much are the total arrears on the loan and also the mortgage? £300 per month arrears payment is an awful lot.

I can draft you a letter to send to them asking for reduced arrears payments, if they don't accept and take further action we can defend in court and let the judge decide what is a reasonable amount to pay given your changed circumstances.

I have affixed one of our budget sheets for you to fill in - let me know when you have completed it and how much you have left over each month to pay towards arrears on both accounts. We'll work from there.

Stay positive, there's always something we can do :-)

Hi Ell-en

Thanks for getting back to me. My Current arrears are

** Mortgage £393.90 then next months £250.15 = £644.05

** Loan £2192.76 - £300 paid on 1st = 1892.76

I have worked my budget sheet out and paying £300 off loan and £100 on my mortgage leaves me with -142.06.

I will appreciate a letter to be drafted out.

I have tried calling them and they are not interested, and was told I didnt have enough to cover on my mortgage

and would not accept anything extra and would accept an extra £70 a month on my loan.

I am unable to pay the £150 off my loan and would prefer to pay £250 on my mortgage to avoid the arrears extending.

I have already been to court for both accounts and have a suspended order.

If I remember rightly my agreed terms agreed with the courts were £100 on my mortgage and £100 on my loan

that was agreed in November 2007.

It has only stemmed upto £300 due to me missing payments and offer to pay so much off a month.

And I know I am getting deeper and deeper I cant handle it.

I am thinking of going to my local authority for a Mortgage Rescus Scheme,

as I dont want to move out of my house, as I am close to my family.

Any help will be much appreciated xx

S

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I think you should only be offering £50 per month extra on both the loan and the mortgage, your arrears are low in comparison to lots of people and given your change in circumstances I believe a judge would think those payments are acceptable. Do the budget sheet again with £50 towards arrears on both and see how it works out. If you fill in the sheet on the screen it automatically calculates for you.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

To be honest I think you should only be offering £50 per month extra on both the loan and the mortgage, your arrears are low in comparison to lots of people and given your change in circumstances I believe a judge would think those payments are acceptable. Do the budget sheet again with £50 towards arrears on both and see how it works out. If you fill in the sheet on the screen it automatically calculates for you.

But if the Judge stated I had to pay £100 dont I have to pay that. I have adjusted my budget sheet and now have £142 spare. Can you draw me a letter up please Ell-en

Your circumstances have changed since the court order haven't they? you only have your income now so you can't be expected to afford the same level of arrears payments and the judge would have to take that into consideration. If you were to pay the extra £100 as ordered by the court would you still be able to pay £50 towards the arrears on the mortgage ?

Is the suspended order only on the loan ? or do you have one on the mortgage too?

I'll draft a letter once we get your figures right.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Your circumstances have changed since the court order haven't they? you only have your income now so you can't be expected to afford the same level of arrears payments and the judge would have to take that into consideration. If you were to pay the extra £100 as ordered by the court would you still be able to pay £50 towards the arrears on the mortgage ?

Is the suspended order only on the loan ? or do you have one on the mortgage too?

I'll draft a letter once we get your figures right.

My circumstances have changed. My court order is from November 2007. But I have re-attended since then back in 2008/09. Im sure I should be paying 100 on mortgage and it maybe 150 on loan. I have no paperwork to confirm this. The figures are correct in regards in what I owe in arrears

I have 2 kids and dont want to move as I have lived here for 10 years. Do you think I should go to Mortgage Rescue

How much can you really afford each month towards the mortgage arrears ?

and how much towards the loan arrears ?

OK, given that the arrears aren't high on either the loan or the mortgage I think you should offer £50.00 per month extra on both. I will draft a letter for you to send. You will need to send the budget sheet with the letter so you have to work the figures on it to show you only have £100 to pay towards the arrears (£50.00 each account) - put that in Step 4 on the budget sheet.

If you want to send me the sheet to look over you can send it to [email protected]

OK, given that the arrears aren't high on either the loan or the mortgage I think you should offer £50.00 per month extra on both. I will draft a letter for you to send. You will need to send the budget sheet with the letter so you have to work the figures on it to show you only have £100 to pay towards the arrears (£50.00 each account) - put that in Step 4 on the budget sheet.

If you want to send me the sheet to look over you can send it to [email protected]

Thanks Ell-en

I will adjust my budget sheet. And forward onto you this evening as I am at work this moment.

But a letter would be a great help

Thanks again

No problem, will check back with you this evening.

Hi there, I have had a look at the budget sheet, are you absolutely sure you have accounted for everything ? what about dentists costs? Do you have a credit card? do you have a car - is that what the loan repayment is for?

Hi there, I have had a look at the budget sheet, are you absolutely sure you have accounted for everything ? what about dentists costs? Do you have a credit card? do you have a car - is that what the loan repayment is for?

Sorry its so late in getting back to you. I have limited access to the laptop when my daughter has it :)

I dont have dentist costs as I am on tax credits. No credit cards. No car. I think I have covered everything.

I want to be able to offer them something, cos when I done one over the phone they refused to take anything for my mortgage but would for my loan which I thought was strange.

I need to change bank accounts so the 450 will bounce out of main account. Just that my husband still had access to that. But if I can reduce it from 450 to 300 it would be a great help.

OK, if you are offering £100.00 extra on each of the accounts that's fine, but on the budget sheet you're showing £107 "spare". Why don't you put £150 to the loan arrears and that will leave £50 spare - you could add some of that between your food bill and household repairs/maintenance - you need a bit of leeway in case you have an emergency. If you leave the £107 showing as being "spare" they will want you to commit to giving them that each month.

Is the mortgage only in your name?

OK, if you are offering £100.00 extra on each of the accounts that's fine, but on the budget sheet you're showing £107 "spare". Why don't you put £150 to the loan arrears and that will leave £50 spare - you could add some of that between your food bill and household repairs/maintenance - you need a bit of leeway in case you have an emergency. If you leave the £107 showing as being "spare" they will want you to commit to giving them that each month.

Is the mortgage only in your name?

I worked the budget sheet out in what I pay now on my mortgage and £100 in what I should be paying on the loan, so I would make an offer of £150 on mortgage and £150 on loan then leaving £7 spare.

Do you thinnk I should offer more.

Mortgage is just in my name.

No! I don't think you should offer more - please read my post (22). You need to keep some money for emergencies £100 on mortgage and £150 on loan is perfectly acceptable in your changed circumstances..

I'll alter your budget sheet to show you what I mean and send it back to you.

No! I don't think you should offer more - please read my post (22). You need to keep some money for emergencies £100 on mortgage and £150 on loan is perfectly acceptable in your changed circumstances..

I'll alter your budget sheet to show you what I mean and send it back to you.

Thanks Ell-en

Just I currently pay £100 off arrears will they not want more x

It doesn't matter what they want - you should only offer what you can reasonable afford. A judge would think your offer very acceptable given your change in circumstances.

Please don't fall into the trap of offering them what you think they want to keep them quiet. If you have an emergency in the next few months you will find yourself unable to keep up the payments and be in the same situation again.

Do you want me to draft a letter with your offer of £100 towards mortgage arrears and £150 towards loan arrears?

It doesn't matter what they want - you should only offer what you can reasonable afford. A judge would think your offer very acceptable given your change in circumstances.

Please don't fall into the trap of offering them what you think they want to keep them quiet. If you have an emergency in the next few months you will find yourself unable to keep up the payments and be in the same situation again.

Do you want me to draft a letter with your offer of £100 towards mortgage arrears and £150 towards loan arrears?

Yes please Ell-en it be much appreciated.

S

OK, I'll post on here later today or this evening. You will need to send a copy of the budget sheet with it - did you receive my email with the amended sheet attached?

OK, I'll post on here later today or this evening. You will need to send a copy of the budget sheet with it - did you receive my email with the amended sheet attached?

Thanks Ell-en for all your help. I did recieve budget sheet but not had a chance to look at it. Should I hand write the letter of print

If you have access to a printer it would be best to print it off - I take it you can print off the budget sheet?

Hi there, letter affixed (2 pages) I have done one for Capstone and one for Preferred - you just need to type in your address and their address and the date. Make sure you have the right address for both, even if you have to ring them to find out - but DON'T get into conversation with them about your offer - they will only put you under pressure , just get the address and say you can't discuss on the phone and you are writing to them.

You will need to send a budget sheet with each letter (staple securely). Make sure you take photocopies of both letters before you send them as you may need to produce them if you have to go to court in the future. Also, send by recorded delivery and keep the receipts safe with the copy letters so you can check on the royalmail website and print off the signature confirmations in a few days time.

Ell

In Distress letter.doc

Hi there, letter affixed (2 pages) I have done one for Capstone and one for Preferred - you just need to type in your address and their address and the date. Make sure you have the right address for both, even if you have to ring them to find out - but DON'T get into conversation with them about your offer - they will only put you under pressure , just get the address and say you can't discuss on the phone and you are writing to them.

You will need to send a budget sheet with each letter (staple securely). Make sure you take photocopies of both letters before you send them as you may need to produce them if you have to go to court in the future. Also, send by recorded delivery and keep the receipts safe with the copy letters so you can check on the royalmail website and print off the signature confirmations in a few days time.

Ell

Both of my accounts are with Capstone at the moment. Originally with preferred will I only address to Capstone, and will I put them in one envelope x