Very. Vacuum cleaner not fir for purpose.

spudz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We ordered a cordless vacuum cleaner from Very at a price of £79.99 excluding delivery charge.

When the cleaner arrived we charged the battery for the recommended time according to the instructions.

we then tested it out on the living room rug but it hardly picked anything up.

Its only a small rug about 4ftx3ft but the vacuum was struggling to pick up anything at all.

After 10 minutes of trying to vacuum just a quarter of the rug we gave up and decided to try it on the stair carpet,

same thing happened it was totally useless.

We gave up completely and returned the cleaner the next day stating it was not fit for purpose.

Initially Very re credited us after receiving it back

a couple of days later a delivery agent tried to give us what we thought was replacement cleaner of the same model

which we had not ordered so my wife refused to accept delivery.

A few days later our Very account had been recharged for the cleaner, we called them to find out why.

They said they had tested it and found nothing wrong with it.

Since we refused to accept its 2nd delivery Very have possession of the item and want to charge us again to have it re delivered.

They are refusing to remove the cost of the item from our account

therefore we are being charged for an item we do not have which which is unfit for purpose in the first place!

Can someone please give us some advice.

We would be 'VERY' grateful!

when did you receive it?

when did you first alert them it was crap?

and when did send it back?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you are entitled to a full refund

and you don't have to give any reason

under the distance selling rules

now the consumer rights act

you are entitled to return any item

and get a full refund.

within 14 days

best you point this out to them.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they have to refund under what were called distance selling regulations. #You dont even need to tell them why you are returning, you have the right to "inspect" the goods and decide whether to keep them or not.

You need to write to them and tell them to either correct this error on their part

or you will be using the small claims procudure to recover your money and all subsequent costs and interest.

Essentially Very are too full of themseleves to bother with things like the law

and assume their customers are ignorant so let them know that you arent going to put up with their behaviour.

Keep to email or letter and not phone calls, the paper trail will be their undoing.

I emailed them with all the details and they haven't got back to me

I went on their facebook page and complained about their rubbish products.

Someone from very messaged me and and apologised with the usual rhetoric

then asked me to send all the details to their social media email

and they would deal with it but Im still waiting.

This item is on credit and they are demanding a payment for it by tomorrow 29-04-16.

I am worried that if the account goes into arrears because of this issue it will damage my credit status!

It wont damage your credit status because wont have defaulted on the terms of the agreement,

unlike them breaching the law.

As you havent actually paid for it yet, just had the money assigned,

you cannot claim they owe you a refund so you are stuck with their idiocy until they take a wrong step.

They are part of the N Brown group plc

their PR manager is Suzi.Burns@jdwilliams. co.uk (no space before the dotcodotuk)

Let her know how rubbish their system is an how much you are looking forward to putting it all on twitter,

facebook etc with her email addy as a hashtag.

They dont like that when it happens.

I have just received an email from their queries people.

The queries emails says...

Thank you for your email.

The unit was inspected by our returns centre and they did not locate a manufacturing fault with the item. Had you used the item before it was returned to us? Once installed or connected, goods are non returnable under the home approval guarantee.

Many Thanks

Im still waiting for a response to my email to Suzi.Burns@jdwilliams. co.uk.

what al oad of ole twaddle...

Once installed or connected, goods are non returnable under the home approval guarantee

so how the beep can you approve something if you cant plug it in and test it...mad:

but anyway you returned it under the distant selling regs/CRA

so guarantee doesnt come into it

and they

ok here is a fob-off email I have just received from Very today...

As per our phone call/ e-mail advising you of the return compliance decision not to accept your return 6RRJ3

as no manufacture fault has been found.

You have asked us not to return the item to you at this time

so we have informed them to put it on a 6 week hold.

Therefore we will hold the item in our returns centre for 6 weeks.

At the end of the hold time the item will be disposed of and no credit given on the account.

If you wish to have this item returned back to you please call and we will arrange this.

A charge of £3.95 will be added to the balance of your account due to the additional handling costs that this will incur.

If the return is requested by you, details of this charge will be shown on your next statement.

Your account has not been credited.

If you have any queries about this, please call our enquiry line on 0844-822-4662 and we will be happy to help you.

I still havent received anything back from Suzi.Burns@jdwilliams. co.uk so where do I go from here?

if you can I would pay the rest of your very bill off leaving nothing more than the cost of the vac (pay the £4 postage to make life easier) then refuse to use your account or pay anything further untill the matter is solved, you have right's under CRA 2015 it may take some time to sort as it all needs to be in letter form and I bet very won't respond to any email without a legal advisor helping the wording

some big company's like this do try and get you to forgo your legal right's pointing you to there t's&c's

Please also be aware that once you challenge them your very account will more than likely be closed

everyone makes mistakes, hopefully this may help ?

Shop Direct

Mr Matt Dixon Group Product Director

Email [email protected]

now this person maynot have anything to do directly with very, but he is listed as CEO on a basic webserch for shop direct which own's very, the above email address may pass you on to another person for further assistance

UPDATE:

ok with one thing and another I was getting nowhere fast

last week my wife who ordered the cleaner said she would pay for it.

I emailed Very and asked them to send the cleaner back to us

and my missus would pay for it and use it for cleaning the car.

They sent an email back saying they would send the cleaner back to us and it would take a couple of days.

So far we havent received it.

I emailed them today telling them we've not had it back and they claim they have sent it.

Their email says...

As this item has been sent back to you, and it seems to have been lost in transit,

I have attached a declaration to this email.

Please read that and respond stating "I have read the declaration and I agree with its content".

Once we receive your reply, we will be able to reach a final resolution.

Many thanks, and I sincerely apologise for the delay this will cause.

The attachement:

DECLARATION OF GOODS LOST IN TRANSIT

I confirm that I have not received the above item(s) from Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited.

In the event that the above item(s) is subsequently received by me, I recognise that the item is the property of Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited and I will immediately contact them to either:

arrange return of the item(s); or

arrange payment for the item(s).

I acknowledge that;

Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited reserves the right to reverse a claim outcome within a reasonable timescale where additional evidence subsequently becomes available and that any such reversal will be notified in advance

Deliberate misrepresentation or omission of facts in order to misrepresent the true situation may result in a claim being rejected

Evidence may be requested as part of an investigation and failure to provide this may impact the outcome of the claim

My co-operation may be required during any investigations into my claim including any investigation undertaken by Shop Direct Group Security or Fraud teams

Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited may pass information regarding such Goods Lost in Transit claims and any additional information it deems to be relevant to law enforcement and other agencies

Are they setting me up for some legal rip-off?

What do I do next?

do what they ask

still don't think you should have to pay anything for a product that is not fit for purpose

and one that was returned within the 14 days under DSR/CRA

and they

Heres the email I got back today

Thank you for your email

I am sorry that you have been having issues with item 6RRJ3 Morphy Richards 732006 Supervac 2-in-1 Cordless Upright.

i have spoken to the return centre again and they have apologised and advised there was a dely in sending it back out to you.

It is on its way and should be with you within 14 days.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused you.