Little Help needed re: County Court Money claims centre

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all

looking for some help regarding a letter my wife received at our previous address which has been passed to us.

its a notice of application for attachment of earnings order with a case number

the judgement is Hoist portfolio holding 2 ltd the letter/form says that a judgement has been made against the wife for £1800.

shes not even sure what its for as we have received no correspondance regarding this.

can anyone help direct me as to what we need to do next i have a feeling that whatever it relates tro is at least 6 years old and as such statute barred but what i sthe process for these things.

cheers in advance for any help

Ring Northampton tomorrow and quote the case number...retrieve the details of judgment...then you can decide how to deal with the application for AoE.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Ring Northampton tomorrow and quote the case number...retrieve the details of judgment...then you can decide how to deal with the application for AoE.

Andy

why Northampton there is nothing on the form about northampton the only place identified is the the county court money claim centre which says its in salford Tel No 03001231372 or the solicitors which is howard cohen in leeds

CCMCC is not the court, its a handling center for claims, as advised, you need to ring northampton ccbc with the case number to get details.

On the face of it it could be a backdoor ccj, which, if as you say could be SB'd, then gives you grounds to set aside

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

I got backdoored by Rectums but applied for a set aside (Statute Barred) and as soon as I took the fight to them they backed out and have now Discontinued.

First thing I would suggest is get your wife to sign up for her credit report at Equifax (make sure you use Equifax itself for this bit and use the 30 day free trial) and scour the 'Searches' section. What I found is that Carboots done some Trace Enquiries and I now know that Equifax will confirm if the addresses they present are current or previous. Equifax will also show some of the CCJ details. It will also show all accounts you had that are less than 6 years old so if there are no defaults showing for about £1800 then chances are it is Statute Barred.