change of circumstances letter

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi.im long term unemployed 60 yrs old. and i have just received a letter from the job center telling me to list my change of circumstances, i put no change.and sent it off. then the next day i received a letter from the nhs saying i owe them £96 for prescription charges. as they can not find any evidence of me being entitled to free prescription charges. whats going on i can hardly walk and take pain killers and other tablets. im thinking now my benefits will stop. i cant phone them as im partially death, :-x

If the NHS letter arrived the day after you sent off the letter to the Jobcentre then I suspect the two are not related. You can get free prescriptions if you are over 60, or are on an income related benefit such as JSA(IB), ESA(IR) or Income Support. Do you receive any of these benefits?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

i receive jsa im 60 in June. but i have been receiving free prescriptions for several years, do you think its a coincidence, these letters arrived within a day of each other, as its the first tine i have ever received a change of circumstances letter.

You usually get free prescriptions before 60 with certain illnesses. It may be that your free prescription certificate has run out and you haven't been notified that you were entitled to renew it.

Speak to your GP surgery and they will tell you which form needs to be completed. They can also provide evidence for the NHS to stop you getting fined.

You usually get free prescriptions before 60 with certain illnesses. It may be that your free prescription certificate has run out and you haven't been notified that you were entitled to renew it.

Speak to your GP surgery and they will tell you which form needs to be completed. They can also provide evidence for the NHS to stop you getting fined.

You don't get a reminder, since 2003 a medex card has only been valid for 5 years, and the valid until date is shown on the front so its up to the claimant to ensure that they renew it, the address is printed on the back and its no biggie just to ask the pharmacist or a GP what to do when its near the time it runs out, I managed to renew my own 2 times and I didn't need any reminders to do so.

OP what benefits are you on, if on income based JSA (at the time of claim) even if you don't show proof and its referred to the NHS Business Service they will be able to check using data sharing.

You don't get a reminder, since 2003 a medex card has only been valid for 5 years, and the valid until date is shown on the front so its up to the claimant to ensure that they renew it, the address is printed on the back and its no biggie just to ask the pharmacist or a GP what to do when its near the time it runs out, I managed to renew my own 2 times and I didn't need any reminders to do so.

OP what benefits are you on, if on income based JSA (at the time of claim) even if you don't show proof and its referred to the NHS Business Service they will be able to check using data sharing.

i receive income based job seekers allowance, and tax credits for my 18 year old son who his at college.

i receive income based job seekers allowance, and tax credits for my 18 year old son who his at college.

IB JSA is a passported benefit for free prescriptions

http://nhsuk.epticahosting.com/selfnhsukokb/AskUs_ECS/template.do?name=What+entitles+me+to+free+NHS+prescriptions%3F&id=23548

I would query it and send them any proof you have