PRA/? claimform - old MBNA Virgin Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay here goes...

What they wrote on the Claim Form

—————————————————

1.The Claimant claims sum of XXXXX for debt and interest.

On 12/9/08 the defendant entered into an agreement with MBNA for a Credit Card under reference XXXXXXXXXXX.

2.On 30/4/13 the defendant defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding balance of XXXX.

3.On 21/6/13 the debt of XXXXX assigned to Aktiv Kapital Portfolio AS, Oslo Zug Branch, who itself assigned the debt to PRA Group (UK) on 31/12/14.

Notices of assignment were sent to the defendant in accordances with S136 Law of Property Act 1925.

4. AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS

1. The sum of XXXXX

2. Statutory interest pursuant to Section 69 of The County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00% per annum from 21/6/13 to 15/4/16 XXXXX and thereafter at a a daily rate of 3.01 until judgement or sooner payment.

—————————————————

My response to above to be uploaded to MCOL if all good

1 The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is noted. I have had financial dealings with MBNA in the past. It is denied I have any knowledge of the above Claimant or if any alleged debt was assigned to them.

3. Paragraph 2 is denied. I have not been served with a Default Notice pursuant to the consumer credit Act 1974.

4. Paragraph 3 is denied I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment pursuant to the Law and Property Act 1925 Section 136(1)

5. Paragraph 4 is denied. Section 69 interest is awarded at the discretion of the court and subject to the claimant's actions on complying with pre action protocol and cannot be added to the claim to inflate the alleged debt. Any alleged debt remains at £XXXX plus court fee and costs.

6. On receipt of the claim form, the Defendant sent a request under the customer credit Act 1974,by way of a section 78 for a copy of the agreement,

and on payment of the statutory fee of £1.00; the Claimant is and remains in Default of said s78 request

A further request made via CPR 31.14, requesting disclosure of documents on which the Claimant is basing their claim .The claimant has not complied

7. It is therefore not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement and;

b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for and;

c) show the nature of the breach and evidence by way of a Default Notice pursuant to sec 87.1 CCA1974

d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim

7. As per Civil Procedure 16.5 it is expected that the claimants prove the allegation that the money is owed

8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of section 136 of the Law of Property Act and section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Thanks all

Sky

Edited by skywalker1010
take out numbers

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Particulars of Claim

1.The Claimant claims sum of 16961.01 for debt and interest.

On 12/9/08 the defendant entered into an agreement with MBNA for a Credit Card under reference XXXXXXXXXXX.

2.On 30/4/13 the defendant defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding balance of 13760.15.

3.On 21/6/13 the debt of 13760.15 assigned to Aktiv Kapital Portfolio AS, Oslo Zug Branch, who itself assigned the debt to PRA Group (UK) on 31/12/14.

Notices of assignment were sent to the defendant in accordances with S136 Law of Property Act 1925.

4. AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS

1. The sum of 13760.15

2. Statutory interest pursuant to Section 69 of The County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00% per annum from 21/6/13 to 15/4/16 3100.86 and thereafter at a a daily rate of 3.01 until judgement or sooner payment.

Defence

1. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is noted. I have had financial dealings with MBNA in the past but I do not recall any alleged balances outstanding with particularity.

3. Paragraph 2 is denied. I have not been served with a Default Notice pursuant to the consumer credit Act 1974.

4. Paragraph 3 is denied I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment pursuant to the Law and Property Act 1925 Section 136(1)

5. Paragraph 1 & 4 (2) are denied. Section 69 interest is awarded at the discretion of the court and subject to the claimant's actions on complying with pre action protocol and cannot be added to the claim to inflate an alleged debt. Any alleged debt remains at £13760.50 plus court fee and costs until a Court deems otherwise.

6. On receipt of the claim form, the Defendant sent a request under the customer credit Act 1974,by way of a section 78 for a copy of the agreement,

and on payment of the statutory fee of £1.00; the Claimant is and remains in Default of said s78 request

A further request made via CPR 31.14, requesting disclosure of documents on which the Claimant is basing their claim .The claimant has not complied

7. It is therefore not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement and;

b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for and;

c) show the nature of the breach and evidence by way of a Default Notice pursuant to sec 87.1 CCA1974

d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim

7. As per Civil Procedure 16.5 it is expected that the claimants prove the allegation that the money is owed

8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of section 136 of the Law of Property Act and section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Just a few alterations...see if you are agreeable.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy for the amends, I agree.

So I upload that defence text only online I dont need to replicate the first Particulars?

This will surely halt the Claim, will they try and dig out the paperwork and try again without the claim on interest?

We contested a Nationwide Claim recently and they simply Discontinued it, which was great.

Sky

Just submit the defence only...the particulars are brought forward for cross reference to the defence response.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 2 weeks later...

Andyorch and any others,

we have had a letter from PRA confirming receipt of our defence

and that they have written to Court informing them they wish to proceed with claim.

Nothing has been entered on MCOL only our original defence is shown on the case number. Surely our defence stops the original claim and a simple letter to the court cannot force it to proceed, unless they have all documents and have sent those to back up.

Either way the original inflated claim cannot proceed as that is incorrect?

What should we do, or is this typical bluster for us to communicate?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated

S

they have 28 days from the filing of your defence to proceed

else its stayed until they pay to move it fwd

they say they are but ofcourse

if they will without any paperwork is very doubtful.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If they wish to proceed, the next stage is allocation to track....if and when they do ....you will receive a Directions Questionnaire (N181)...so relax until this is recieved.

Okay, we have had something through from Northampton, 'A Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Fast Track'

It says that this is now a defended claim, obviously where we have entered a defence. It looks like this is our copy amended to the defendant, but we have an attached Defendants Questionairre we have to fill in.

I just need advice on what we are now filling in as we have a date to do this by. What is the change now in the Fast Track process as it says we must serve copies on all parties

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated

S

Take a peek at the following thread SW....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?461958-HPH2-Cohen-Claimform-Barclaycard-%91debt%92/page2

But obviously you cant request it be SCT in your case as it is Fast Track.

Sorry Andy, I don't understand what I am looking for in that thread :???:

On our Directions questionnaire Fast Track and Multi Track it says to be completed by and Defendant has been ringed, I can see at the bottom it is an N181.

Is this for us to agree the next stage, as we can disagree that this is not the right track, completing box D2 on the form.

It says we must complete the questionnaire, file at the Court office and serve other copies to all other parties. and b) attempt to agree directions with all other parties and c) file proposed directions (whether or not agreed) with the Directions Questionnaire.

Our main worry is that at the top of the Notice, it says "If you do not comply with the notice the court will make such order as appears to be appropriate. This could include striking out the claim or entering judgement"

Thanks

SW

std n181 ringed as your copy

yes fast track..

so follow that linked thread and fill it out

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

DX thanks for responding.

I think I understand now the ABC sections in the other thread obviously link to the sections in my N181

But the A section on settlement,

do I select YES to settle even though I am contesting the whole case that they are inflating the amount

and have not produced documentation.

Would that not be construed that we agree with the claim?

There is an option for NO with a box to add reason why, do I put that across there.

Sorry for the stupid questions but we really have one chance on this, don't want to muck it up

Thanks

SW

post 22 in that thread

and they

You should always agree to settlement (mediation) irrespective..all parties are expected to participate.......unless of course the claim is statute barred.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay guys, an update...

Sent off two copies of N181 Directions

one to The Court

and a copy to claimant, by the cut off date as requested.

We put in our 'other information' box about the fact that we sent CPR 31.14 requests to both MBNA and Aktiv Kapital (pre PRA) and nothing back.

We have just recieved in post from PRA, copy of agreement, default letter and assignment plus statements of card.

I presume our only option is to come to an arrangement with them,

they have provided an income and expenditure form.

This is my wife's card, am I obligated to put down my earnings?

We feel we could afford £20 a month as my wife is only working part time at a school, £300 a month take home.

Will they try and still push through Court if we fill in expenditure details and offer £20 a month?,

also try to obtain a Charging Order.

If they do they can only get a restriction on her half, so pretty useless to them.

Our main priority is to pay mortgage and bring our young son up.

This debt was a result of a huge credit line Virgin gave her when we had a business,

the business collapsed due to a number of debtors in 2011,

we have been struggling ever since.

How much do you think PRA have paid for this debt?, could we consider a Full & Final from a relative to stop the Court?

Wife is deeply depressed about all this, really is petrified to have to go to Court.

Andy, DX, anyone have any further help on this, it would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

SW

woe slow down..!!

who said you've got pay anyone anything?

can you scan up theca return please

do it ALL to JPG's

redact each page

pop each redacted picture into a multipage word doc

one picture to a page

then

file

save as

.pdf

and attach it here

follow the upload guide

dx

and they

1st page is on the agreement

But there should be more

Up to 22 points I think?

Sadly the agreement is OK

As it was online virgin sign up?

and they

I presume our only option is to come to an arrangement with them, they have provided an income and expenditure form.

This is my wife's card, am I obligated to put down my earnings?

We feel we could afford £20 a month as my wife is only working part time at a school, £300 a month take home.

Will they try and still push through Court if we fill in expenditure details and offer £20 a month?,

also try to obtain a Charging Order.

If they do they can only get a restriction on her half, so pretty useless to them.

DX, Andy,

I need additional help on this please.

If agreement is binding then we need to come to an arrangement. As mentioned above how can we move forward to the above?

SW

Its a sole debt so no, you dont have to provide any other income details on an I&E, other than your other half's

AFAIK, only a Form K restriction can be placed on a jointly owned property, this means that you, as the non debtor, can still sell the house if you wanted and the creditor with the Form K restriction will be notified, after any sale, not before, so they cant enforce a Form K, as such.

What it does is informs them that your other half may now have capital to pay the debt owed.

Having said all of that, they would only normally be granted a CO if your OH had not maintained any payments under a court order and they then need to go back to court for the CO

Google Form K restrictions for more info

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Thanks Martin,

We will proceed with a £20 a month figure offer.

I do have a relative who would be prepared to offer a F&F of £2000 in four cheques, is that worth offering, I would imaging PRA would have bought this for less.

SW

Have you gone through the statements to see if any of what they are claiming is default charges, late fees etc?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.