BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1448 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

can anyone please give me a clue as to what bg are up to

my duel fuel account is a fixed till sep 2016, not had my meter read for over 12mths I submit my own readings, nothing unusual in that, but what I do find unusual is that even though my account is in credit

they have decided after revieving my account that my d/d on my electricity should rise from £59 pm to £133 pm.

further my elderly parents who are on a similar plan have been informed that their d/d on electricity is to rise from £40 pm to £77 p/m their reason for this being that their useage is less than they (bg) have forecasted.

do they just make the figures up and hope that customers will pay or is it some formula they apply which only they know

I think they make it up

They have zero customer service

It is your money not theirs to sit on

You may be able to change the direct debit to a standing order

Write to them formal complaint

As soon as you can leave them

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

I had this very issue with EDF I ended up with 4 refunds or so plus goodwill gesture payments worth a nice amount of money.

I also had my account 'locked' to stop their systems from increasing my DD for no reason.

I also only pay £40pm on my DD and again within 2 months a credit is already being created.

I never allow more than 1 months credit then ask for a refund. Which they always pay. If they argue I escalate to the complaints level and it's sorted.

I also have created my own spread sheet with all of the calculations so I can work my bill out faster than them.

They don't like you not being in control and have to try to get you in significant credit so that they can stay afloat with customers money or use it to pay the huge fines they've had recently.

Complain then complain some more finally get a better supplier... its your choice to stay or go. RUN lol

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.