BankFodder BankFodder

DaveDavis

Innacurate property sales particulars and wasted survey fees

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1498 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Could the estate agent claim that the 3000sqft include the garden area?

The definition of living accommodation doesn't seem to be set in stone

DaveDavis, there is an excellent article in the Practice & Law section of the Estates Gazette of 5 March 2016. It is entitled Misrepresentation, Honesty is the Best Policy, and is on Page 99. The author is property law consultant Allyson Colby. The EG is not available online, I believe, unless one subscribes.

Emailed estate agents today asking for survey cost to be reimbursed. Senior bod called me this afternoon jist was 'very sorry, yes we got this wrong, your surveyor is right, we will reimburse you in full'. Fair enough.

Well done and thanks for letting us know, that is a very quick and very positive result

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Emailed estate agents today asking for survey cost to be reimbursed. Senior bod called me this afternoon jist was 'very sorry, yes we got this wrong, your surveyor is right, we will reimburse you in full'. Fair enough.

sadly although it has cost you more in other ways, this solution is as much as you can reasonably be expected to paid

Seem's like the estate agent realised they mis measured or took the vendor's work for the "living space"