PIXI v BARCLAYS

pixi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I hope some of you may be able to help me, I have followed this site for a couple of months and finally got the courage to start my claim last month.

I am claiming £1,160.00 in charges (+£306.00 8%interest to date) I am not claiming for the interest charged on the excess borrowing as I felt this was enough to pay their costs. I was also paying a account charge every month to have the account.

I sent the data protection letter, received my statements in 9 days and they sent the £10 check back, which was nice of them. However the statements I had back were a nightmare to read as they were all in tiny text.:sad:

I calculated the charges over a weekend using the english simple calculation spreadsheet.

Then sent the preliminary letter for repayment for the total of charges not including the interest on the 29/10/06.

I have just received the reply and it seems to be a real stalling letter, I was hoping that some of you may have had the same reply? and should I stick to my time table as set out in the letters?

Here is the reply in full-

2 November 2006

Dear

Thank you for your letter received at this office on 31 October.

I am sorry you are unhappy with the charges you have incurred. Your comments are receiving attention and one of my team will contact you as soon as possible.

May I take this opportunity to explain that whilst we will endeavor to respond to you within time-scale outlined In your letter, we cannot guarantee that we will do so. Sometimes it does take longer to fully investigate a complaint. However we do aim to find a solution within four weeks. If we are not able to do so, we will always write to you explaining what is happening. A full report or an update on our progress will be sent to you within eight weeks.

Please refer to the enclosed leaflet which provides you with a more detailed explanation on how we will deal with this matter.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0207 1164561 or via Freephone 0800 282390.

Yours sincerely

Mike Brophy

Customer Relations Manager

This is a stall right? they should be able to deal with it faster than that! shouldnt they?

should I now send the letter before action

I would be very grateful for any help from anyone who has the same experience

cheers pixi

xxx;)

Hi Pixi and welcome.

That's the standard response from the Bank. They try to get you to adhere to their timescales but it's you in the driving seat. !4 days from the date you sent the prelim letter, send off your LBA.

Good Luck

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

• 2 months later...

When you send your S.A.R., it requires them to send you all the information they hold on you.

Bets advice is to just claim for the previous 6 years to start with.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

Information

I would ask for all information including all transcripts from recorded telephone conversations

I requested this from Cabot and got a file one inch thick includind all my telephone calls and a list of abrevations must have taken some time to compile