BankFodder BankFodder

stuscfc1883

DPD Damaged in Transit issued claim - then they coughed up!! Claim Refused

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1355 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys,

Please can you help with some legal stuff . . .

We use DPD regularly and suffice to say damages do occur,

fairly infrequent in all honesty but when they do I expect them to honour the claim.

The latest problem was a delivery to our customers customer,

2 boxes full of acrylic display products,

these were well packed with bubblewrap,

double wall cartons and various void fill to ensure no movement in the box .

. . sadly x amount of the products were damaged, photos were taken and I put the claim in . . .

Today i've received a knock back on the claim saying the boxes were insufficiently packed

therefore that's why the damage has occurred,

clearly the customer had removed most of the packaging to inspect the goods on opening!

When they photographed the damaged goods in situ they didn't think to replace the bubblewrap of course as you wouldn't be able to see anything but bubblewrap.

This is the second knock back i've had and i'm now making a stand against them, please can anyone shed any legal standpoints so I can take this further.

Thanks in advance . . .

If your packing was more than adequate as you state and the courier company are refusing to budge then your next step is a letter before action. But do not do this unless you intend to carry through. The courier company has a duty of care to look after your items whilst in transit and as the damage took place whilst in their care you should be able to claim against them.

Have a read of the other threads on here which should give you some pointers. The Small Claims is pretty painless but a bit time consuming particularly if the courier company is intransigent. However most back down as the economics of of defending the indefensible usually kick in when they find you are not going to back down.

great, thanks for that, i'll send it on monday if not resolved this week . . .

cheers

Thanks for all your help guys . . . DPD paid up £186, sadly they did it 2 days before my LBA expired so didn't get it until i'd issued the summons . . . oh well!

DPD paid up £186

:thumb:

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert