Concert change

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone, as a xmas present, my wife booked me two tickets to see AC/DC in concert at the etihad stadium in june this year, since booking them it has been revealed that due to illness the lead singer can no longer tour with the group and has had to be replaced.

This has completely took the shine off the concert for me and do not now wish to attend, she booked a refund protection facility but in the t's & c's it says unless the concert is cancelled, or i have a valid doctors note etc etc we can't recieve a refund.

But the band is not now the original band i wanted to see, do i have any right of a refund as in effect this is not the product that we originally booked for?

thanks.

‘No refunds’ terms

6.7 Terms that claim consumers are never entitled to refunds are very likely to be considered

unfair, as they can be used to deny the consumer the right to a refund even where the supplier

is in breach of contract, for example if the event/performer/leisure activity is cancelled or

altered in a material way. In OFT’s experience, such terms often appear in all kinds of

entertainment contracts.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/284438/oft667.pdf

Take a read and see if this helps at all.