Exercise 4 less cancellation - harlands still took payments by DD

Amib93
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2917 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone could help me

I joined exercise 4 less under a year ago with no 12 month contract paying 19.99 per month,

around the new year I moved and it became increasingly harder to get to the gym

as my house is now further away from it,

I submitted a cancellation form to exercise 4 less website on 29th February as I wasn't going anymore,

they said they would take one more payment off me as there was a 30 day cancellation period

and not to cancel the direct debit myself they would do it for me.

I recently checked my bank account and noticed harlands has taken another 19.99 payment from me,

after reading horror stories on here about the trouble people go through to cancel their membership

and with harlands I'm not happy,

I tried ringing the gym to sort this out and I've been blown off,

they took my details promising to ring me back and it's now been 2 days and no phone call.

If anyone can help with what I should do next it would be greatly appreciated.

Also is there any chance I could get a refund for the second payment they've taken

as they only said they would take one?

Many thanks

Amib93

ring your bank

and get the extra payments back under the DD guarantee scheme

no need to both about Harland or the gym whatsoever.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Amib and welcome to CAG

Waste no more of your time trying to contact the gym or Harlands. Stay off the phone and make any contact in writing only.

Seek a refund via your bank using the DD Guarantee Scheme. You need only tell them a DD has been taken in excess of what was agreed.

...... they said they would take one more payment off me as there was a 30 day cancellation period

and not to cancel the direct debit myself they would do it for me.

Did they reply to you by email or was this a phone call. If email, keep this safe as it's all you need as proof.

Also, if you have this as proof, you don't really need to make any contact with Harlands. All their empty threats can be ignored but you can use Facebook and Twitter to tell the world how X4Less continue to allow the incompetent and unpleasant Harlands to harass X4Less customers.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

hi dx100uk and slick132 and thank you,

I'm glad I check this as I was going to go to the gym today to complain.

I did not know you could claim with the bank so thank you for telling me,

they sent me an email saying that when I applied for a cancellation on their website

although they did say they would send me another email when they had done checks to confirm my cancellation

and I did not receive one, will that make a difference?

If I go into the bank all I need for proof would be that email?

So if Harland come after me for cancelling my dd I can just completely ignore them,

i just want to make sure I haven't had anything like this happen before.

thank you so much for the help it is much appreciated

Amib93

ring your bank much easier

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Don't worry at all about Harlands or the gym.

Tell the bank you want the DD refunded. You shouldn't even need to give a reason.

Let us know when you get the money refunded by the bank.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi guys,

Just an update

I went into the bank and got the money refunded like you suggested

and it has been cleared in my bank,

the woman I talked to explained that they will get in touch with Harlands to see if they dispute this

and if they do the money will be taken,

I have cancelled the dd now so we will see what they will do next I suppose,

thank you again for all the help.

:)

Hi Amib,

Next will probably a letter from Harlands/CRS saying the DD has been refunded but they want it back from you again.

This can be ignored but let us know what contact you get.

Hi Slick,

According to the woman in the bank

if they dispute my claim for the refund then the bank will take it back as it is only an investigation,

but if they send me a letter or the money comes back out of my bank

I will definitely be back on here to update you as I have no idea how to handle these people.

:)

Hi Amib,

Bank staff are not as well-trained as they should be sometimes.

If you dispute the DD, it should be refunded and the payee will have to complain to you if they dispute. The payee can ASK you to repay them and this is what Harlands normally do, except they demand it............

.......... but we advise that you ignore Harlands, or tell them to take a hike !!

Hi Amib,

You'll KNOW that Harlands can't take it back when they contact you demanding that you pay it back to them !!

Let us know when you hear from them and we can suggest how to reply.

Hi Slick,

I've just gotten a letter from harlands, they surprisingly aren't demanding the payment back but say I need to call them to reinstate my dd because all payments must be made by dd according to the contract I signed (I never signed a contract when I joined I did it online) and that if I do not call them by 13 may I'll be charged £25 administration fee.

Do I need to do anything or should I just ignore them? I've read other threads and you've said before that they can not enforce the administration fee?

Amib :)

safe to ignore now

and they

Hi Amib,

Doesn't matter if Harlands/CRS want you to call them. You have no need to speak to them and they cannot make you.

X4Less should have told Harlands about the cancellation and they should sort this out between the two of them.

As DX says, continue to ignore Harlands.

;-)

Hi Ambi,

Read other threads to learn how these cases go, and what to do when each of the usual mob make their demands.

Harlands/CRS; Zinc Group; Spratt Endicott will al probably make demands.

Generally they can all be either ignored, or you can write telling them to clear off.

Other threads will also tell you about using Facebook and/or Twitter to make folk aware of how X4Less use horrible Harlands to harass their gym members.