Brighthouse home visits and texting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a customer of Brighthouse where I was paying £46 per week which were reduced down to £30 per week because of loss of tax credits/child benefit. I ran into problems paying one week due to a demand for my council tax before I ended up in court so I couldn't pay Brighthouse the full £30 so paid half to them. since then I've paid my £30 each week but still owe them that £15.

I'd find it really difficult to pay that 15 on top of the £30 so due to me only getting £110 per week now which is to keep me, my partner and daughter. I suggested if they could please take even 50p from yellow money until the £15 is paid but they have refused. today I paid my bill and they said you owe £130. how I owe that I do not understand as I only was behind by £15. upon getting home I've noticed they haven't even paid my bill and put that £30 I pay each Saturday into the yellow money.

They have been to my door twice this week and constantly txt me 2 and 3 times a day even though I contacted customer services to have them stopped of which they did for a week but again they have statrted coming to my phone. Please advise on what I can do next as this is really starting to affect my health and depression. I have a partner who is due to have an operation I'm worried about then I've got these hammering on my door.

tell them not to visit by a formal letter

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

I bet you've got all manner of compulsory [OSC/DLC etc] insurances they made you take out?

you can reclaim every payment you've made on these.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What I'm not understanding is why aren't they paying my account with the £30 they agreed to. my account remains unpaid and the money is being put into my yellow money. aren't they meant to pay my weekly payments with what was agreed.

what does yellow money mean please?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Say if you pay 50p extra on your account. they then add that to yellow money - like a savings thing. but they are adding my £30 weekly payment to the yellow money and not paying my account with it.

Edited by jane0o0

what does yellow money mean please?

BrightHouse offers a service sometimes known as yellow money, which enables customers, should they so wish, to build a pre-payment fund against their products, which will allow them to cover short periods where they may be unable to pay, such as holidays or sickness. To help the customer, this money is held separately from company funds in a segregated non-interest baring account..."

Aye, non interest baring for the customer, sounds like they ask you when making a payment to pay a bit more and they will put it into a 'yellow money' account.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Wonder how legal the yellow money is? Bet it gains interest for BrightHouse. You should send a letter of Formal Complaint asking nay demanding that all monies paid into Yellow Money be allocated to your account FORTHWITH, and nothing else diverted away, and while they are at it refund all insurances etc.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Good Morning Jane0o0;4890291,

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding your concerns and change in financial situation.

I would like to reassure you that our company policy is that our staff will never enter a customer’s home unless invited to do so by the customer. We always take any incidents involving the conduct of our staff very seriously so should you have any particular concerns, we will be able to assist with putting in place measures to resolve this.

I would like to also assure you that we appreciate our customers’ circumstances may change and are committed to assisting our customers through any financial difficulties. If your BrightHouse account is in arrears, we’ll listen to your individual circumstances and then agree on the best course of action to help you get back on track. We do have a number of options which may help lessen your payments and we are keen to assist you and discuss the options available to help bring your account back on track.

Because this is an anonymous forum, I am unable to see any of your account details, therefore I ask that you email [email protected] (quoting your CAG Reference:263479 in the subject line). Once we have been able to establish your account details, we will help you in any way we can and will be able to advise you of your options. Alternatively, I would encourage you to consider contacting our Customer Relations Team on 0800 526 069 as this would allow for us to discuss your concerns with you directly and allow for a speedier resolution.

Many Thanks

Web Relations Team

I am a customer of Brighthouse where I was paying £46 per week which were reduced down to £30 per week because of loss of tax credits/child benefit. I ran into problems paying one week due to a demand for my council tax before I ended up in court so I couldn't pay Brighthouse the full £30 so paid half to them. since then I've paid my £30 each week but still owe them that £15.

I'd find it really difficult to pay that 15 on top of the £30 so due to me only getting £110 per week now which is to keep me, my partner and daughter. I suggested if they could please take even 50p from yellow money until the £15 is paid but they have refused. today I paid my bill and they said you owe £130. how I owe that I do not understand as I only was behind by £15. upon getting home I've noticed they haven't even paid my bill and put that £30 I pay each Saturday into the yellow money.

They have been to my door twice this week and constantly txt me 2 and 3 times a day even though I contacted customer services to have them stopped of which they did for a week but again they have statrted coming to my phone. Please advise on what I can do next as this is really starting to affect my health and depression. I have a partner who is due to have an operation I'm worried about then I've got these hammering on my door.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update. I decided to ring Brighthouse customer services about my problem and quote the number Jason from Brighthouse gave to me, which I did but at first they didn't understand then the lady came back and read the whole Consumeractiongroup thread to me of which I said yes that is my problem.

They then said they'd contact my area manager to tell them to contact me about my problem which took them days to do only to give me a grilling on the phone about me owing now £134 cos of 4 wks missed payments. I know I should of spoken to my shop sooner but I in all honesty got afraid to speak to them due to the way they speak to me and then constantly harrass me at the door.

Manager rang me a day ago and after a lot its my own fault, I've made matters worse by not contacting them and burying my head in the sand they've asked me to call in like today and they will rewrite agreements at the £20 I said I could pay which will be still a problem as I only receive £110 per week to feed 3 of us etc. I will still be struggling and no doubt paying these for the rest of my life.

get them to remove and refund all the insurance payments.

rewrite/new agreement includes them again.

tell them you do not want the insurances.

dx

and they

These people should be called Blighthouse, parasites.!

What kind of morally bankrupt individual could work for such an outfit, preying on the most vulnerable in society, nothing short of legalised loan sharks.

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed unsuitable word.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

What I find staggering is the amount of time the Web relaions team post on here saying sorry for this sorry for that we will deal with it contact us and so on.

But time after time it happens again and again. It appears the this company don't really care one iota about their poor service and harassment they appear to be a law unto themselves!!!!

Jason it would be interesting if you were to post up some of the minutes that show you discuss this terrible issue at board level and maybe we could take you seriously and that your company is trying to change.

Maybe it is time to use a freedom of information request to find this out?

Maybe it's also time for an authorised inspector to see if you as a company are using unfair business practices?

Now this is something I would like to look in to and see if there is a case to answer!

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Jason it would be interesting if you were to post up some of the minutes that show you discuss this terrible issue at board level and maybe we could take you seriously and that your company is trying to change.

Maybe it is time to use a freedom of information request to find this out?

FoI requests are only valid for government and public bodies. Private companies such as Brighthouse can safely ignore such requests as they are under no legal obligation to respond. If Brighthouse Group PLC were a publicly traded company on the London stock market, it might have been possible to purchase one share and then raise the question at an AGM.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Good afternoon Jane0o0,

Thank you for updating your post, although I am sorry to hear that your issue has not yet been resolved.

I have updated your complaint log accordingly and requested that the Regional Manager contact you again to discuss your concerns.

When they contact you, please be open and honest about your situation, if you feel that your lowered weekly payment will still cause you financial difficulties, then please advise as such – they can only truly help if you are honest with them.

Many thanks,

Jason

Web Relations Team

BrightHouse