• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Court Fines: Warrant of Control does NOT cease when sum adjudged is paid to the court !!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In the past couple of weeks I have received reports of six cases where a locksmith had been used to enforce a debt for magistrate court fines after a debtor had relied upon misinformation on the internet and believed that paying the amount only of the court fine (minus bailiff fees) to the court (as opposed to the enforcement company) would mean that the warrant had been satisfied.

In four cases, payment had been made to the court on receipt of the Notice of Enforcement (when bailiff fees of just £75 had been added). In the remaining two cases, payment had been made following an enforcement agent agent visit (fee of £235 had been applied)

In each case, the person had relied upon the following statements featured on social media sites (with close links to the Freeman on the Land movement).

The warrant for court fines only enables the enforcement of the "Sum Adjudged". Section 76 of the Magistrates courts Act 1980.

Pay the fine online. That extinguishes the power to control of goods. The warrant only gives a power to take control of goods for the "sum adjudged".

In each debtors case, after making payment to the Magistrates Court they had received notification from the court that their payment had been forwarded to the enforcement company so that the company could properly deduct their Compliance fee of £75 and apportion the balance on a pro rata basis in line with legislation.

By following the inaccurate advice, each debtor had incurred substantial additional fees. In four cases, an enforcement fee of £235 had been added and in each case locksmith fee had also been applied.

In April 2014, Part 3 of the Tribunal Courts & Enforcement Act 2007 was finally introduced and in order to bring each debt type into the legislation it was necessary for the government to make amendments to previous legislation.

Amendments are outlined under Schedule 13 of the TCEA 2007 and in relation to magistrate court fines, these can be found under paragraph 46. This paragraph confirms that from April 2014 a warrant of control may only be enforced in accordance with the Schedule 12 procedure of the Tribunal Courts & Enforcement Act 2007.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2007/15/schedule/12?view=plain

On the same date that the new regulations came into effect (6th April 2014), the government introduced the following supporting regulations:

The Taking Control of Goods Regulations 2013

Taking Control of Goods (Fees) Regulations 2014

Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 (Consequential, Transitional and Saving Provision) Order 2014.

The 'consequential' regs above outline once again that enforcement of all debts (including Magistrate Court fines may only be by way of the 'Schedule 12 procedure.

A link to the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 (Consequential, Transitional and Saving Provision) Order 2014 is below

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...ade?view=plain

This regulation outlines how each debt type has been amended to allow for continued enforcement to be by way of the 'Schedule 12" procedure (and with it the accompanying Taking Control of Goods 2014). For ease of reference the relevant paragraphs are outlined below:

Part 1: Amendment of Magistrate Court Rules:

Section 1: Magistrate Court. amendment of Magistrates’ Courts Rules

(d):Execution of Distress Warrant

(cc) for “levy the said sum by distress and sale of the goods belonging to the said person substitute “recover the said sum from the debtor by way of the Schedule 12 procedure"

Part 2: Amendment of Non-Domestic Rating (Collection and Enforcement) Regulations

Item 2 (b) Enforcement by taking control of goods

Where a liability order has been made, payment may be enforced by using the Schedule 12 procedure.'

Part 3: Amendment of Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations

Item 3 ©: Enforcement by taking control of good

Where a liability order has been made, payment may be enforced by using the Schedule 12 procedure.”

Section 5:Amendment of Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts Order

in paragraph (4), for “execution” substitute “the use of the Schedule 12 procedure”;

Note:

For the avoidance of doubt, the Schedule 12 procedure is to be used to each debt type (including Magistrate Court fines). Each debt type has the same fee scale scale (Compliance fee of £75 and Enforcement fee of £235).

For the avoidance of doubt, the 'sum adjudged' is the figure that would appear on the Notice of Fine/Collection Order from the Magistrate Court following the court hearing of the matter. The 'sum adjudged' would include the amount of the financial penalty, victims surcharge and prosecution cost.

If the debtor failed to make payment to the court then a Further Steps Notice would be issued. Failure to appeal this final notice would lead to a warrant of control being issued and in accordance with legislation, enforcement fees would then be applicable.

As outlined in my initial post, each debtor had believed social media advice as follows:

The warrant for court fines only enables the enforcement of the "Sum Adjudged". Section 76 of the Magistrates courts Act 1980.

Pay the fine online. That extinguishes the power to control of goods. The warrant only gives a power to take control of goods for the "sum adjudged"

The truth of the matter is that the warrant of control does NOT make reference to the sum adjudged at all !!! Instead, the warrant refers to 'money owed' and states the following:

You may take goods belonging to the defendant to the value of the money owed
and any amounts in respect of costs of enforcement related services
which are recoverable in accordance with regulations under paragraph 62 of Schedule 12 to the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007.

I will post up a copy of the official Warrant of Control later today.

The problem is, That there are so many sources of bad information now, Across forums and lately Social Media groups, That the problem is not going to go away as long as the groups are allowed to continue

To me, The biggest problem today is that people seem to look for the easiest way out of their problems, And will by default go with the advice that suits them better, And if there are groups out there that will tell them what they want to hear, That is the way they will go

As long as these groups are allowed to carry on the way that they are, The bailiff companies will continue to make record profits, And the people that run these groups, Should hang their heads in shame

Further to all that.

section 76 2

of the Magistrates court says this regarding failed actions.

In subsection (2)(a)—

(a)for “warrant of distress” substitute “ warrant of control ”;

(b)for “satisfy the sum with the costs and charges of levying the sum” substitute “ pay the amount outstanding, as defined by paragraph 50(3) of Schedule 12 to the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007

Which plainly states that all sums under the TCE section 50(3)( sum due to court and fees) must be paid in order to satisfy the warrant

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

The problem is, That there are so many sources of bad information now, Across forums and lately Social Media groups, That the problem is not going to go away as long as the groups are allowed to continue

To me, The biggest problem today is that people seem to look for the easiest way out of their problems, And will by default go with the advice that suits them better, And if there are groups out there that will tell them what they want to hear, That is the way they will go

As long as these groups are allowed to carry on the way that they are, The bailiff companies will continue to make record profits, And the people that run these groups, Should hang their heads in shame

I agree but :

Unfortunately it seems this particular advice is more sinister than that , at lest as far as the people giving it are concerned.

After the EA returns and takes the car or additional fees, the advice offered is invariably,"go to court" and get them back, and guess who provides the representation, all at inflated costs of course.

The poor debtor is told all this is reclaimable, they only find out that it isnt when it is too late. Of course the cases get laughed out of court.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

As can quite clearly be seen, the official Warrant of Control has the following wording:

To: Enforcement Agent

Warrant number: Warrant No.

Defendant:

Defendant's Name

Defendant's Address

Address Line 2

Address Line 3

Address Line 4

Address Line 5

Post Code

Money owed: £ Total Balance

Division: Accounting Division

Account number: Account No.

[Case number: Case Number]

[born: Date-of-Birth]

Directions

1. You may take goods belonging to the defendant to the value of the money owed and any amounts in respect of costs of enforcement related services which are recoverable in accordance with regulations under paragraph 62 of Schedule 12 to the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007.

2. The goods may not be sold without giving at least 7 days clear notice unless the court has ordered otherwise or the goods are perishable.

3. If the goods are sold you must pay the money owed to the address at the top of this order. You must give the court a statement of any costs on the attached sheet.

Conditions

1. If the money owed and the costs are paid, you must not take control of and sell the defendant’s goods.

2. You must not take goods which are exempt under regulations made pursuant to Schedule 12 to the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007.

As stated above, the 'sum adjudged' is the figure that appears on the Notice of Fine/Collection Order when the case has been heard in court.

Recently, another debtor attempted to evade paying bailiff fees by paying the sum stated on the notice and he too discovered that his payment had been forwarded by the court to the enforcement company. The Magistrate Court explained the reason why this happens. The following is copied from their letter:

Dear xxxx

The purpose of this office is to collect and enforce payment of financial penalties imposed by the Courts. If defendants do not comply with the court order a designated officer will review the account and decide what is the most appropriate action to enforce payment.

Designated Fines Officers have the power to issue Distress Warrants/Warrants of Control under schedule 5 of the Courts Act 2003, a court hearing is not required for this sanction to be issued. Further steps notices having been sent warning of the consequences of non-compliance and the DWP system showing that a deductions from benefit was not possible, Warrants of Control were issued to Marston Bailiffs for the balances outstanding.

Once a Warrant of Control has been legally issued HMCTS is unable to take any further action in relation to payment or enforcement of the associated case until the Approved Enforcement Agency return the Warrant.

The existing fee structure forms part of the contract with Marston
and is set down in legislation
, and the act allows for three stages of enforcement.The relevant extract from the act is:-

There are three stages of enforcement for which fees are applicable. They are:

(a) The compliance stage, which comprises all activities relating to enforcement from the receipt by the enforcement agent up to but not including the commencement of the enforcement stage;

(b) The enforcement stage, which comprises all activities relating to enforcement from the first attendance at the premises in relation to the instructions up to but not including the

commencement of the sale or disposal stage;

© The sale or disposal stage, which comprises all activities relating to enforcement from the first attendance at the property for the purpose of transporting goods to the place of sale, or from commencing preparation for sale if the sale is to be held on the premises, until the completion of the sale or disposal.

Once a Warrant of Control has been issued the act instructs that the first £75.00 received is retained by the Enforcement Agent (in our case the AEA).

After the first £75.00 is taken by the AEA all subsequent payments are divided pro rata, 46% to HMCTS and 54% to AEA.

Any payments received by the court office after the Warrant of Control has been issued must be forwarded to the AEA to be allocated in this manner.

Yes seems to be a few every week appearing a the moment, i bet Marstons have this letter on template.

At least we haven't seen much of the corresponding council tax (proceeds) nonsense for a while.

I wonder how long it will be before the consumer(or even the practitioner) comes to realise this is just a twist on the same old FMoTL nonsense.

I have been asked whether I could respond to a comment made on a social media site yesterday in relation to this thread. The relevant comment is this:

The warrant allows the EA to take goods, an action that the EA can charge for. He can recover these fees from the proceeds of selling these goods. However, that warrant was issued for non-payment of sum adjudged. It was not issued because fees were due. Once the sum adjudged has been paid, the reason for the issuing of the warrant has been satisfied. No enforcement has occurred.

For ease of reference, I have broken the comment down into separate sections. My response is as follows:

The warrant allows the EA to take goods, an action that the EA can charge for.

In fact, there is a strict condition of the warrant (see Item 1 under heading of Conditions) that goods may only be taken if the money owed
and costs of enforcement related services
remain unpaid.

He can recover these fees from the proceeds of selling these goods.

Not true. The enforcement agent can also recover his fees from the
proceeds of money received
. See Paragraph 50(2)(b) of Schedule 12.

However, that warrant was issued for non-payment of sum adjudged.

Not true: The warrant of control was issued because the defendant had defaulted in paying the
sum due
as outlined in the Collection Order.

It was not issued because fees were due.

Correct. The warrant has been issued because the defendant had defaulted in paying the
sum due
as outlined in the Collection Order.

Once the sum adjudged has been paid, the reason for the issuing of the warrant has been satisfied.

This comment would only be true in cases where the sum due had been paid
prior
to the issue of a warrant.

Correcting n9ne sense from that place is a full time occupation.

I thought this particular theory had been a abandoned last year, mind this particular member is notoriously slow in catching on.

Interesting response in John Kruses bulletin regarding paying the creditor direct. The experts in the field have not commented on this to my knowledge, as it has been considered a none issue, however in his usual courteous manner, he responded to a readers question.

Needless to say he reiterates what has been said on here for the last couple of years.

"Debtors like to think that by direct payment they have discharged the debt and left the bailiff without his fees, but this cannot be an honest interpretation of the wording or intention of the Regulations. There will still be a balance of the debt outstanding and this may still be quite properly enforceable- with extra fees of course being a possibility."

That that the FMOL will seek to misinterpret this simple statement, but that is par for the course.

• 2 months later...
In the past couple of weeks I have received reports of six cases where a locksmith had been used to enforce a debt for magistrate court fines after a debtor had relied upon misinformation on the internet and believed that paying the amount only of the court fine (minus bailiff fees) to the court (as opposed to the enforcement company) would mean that the warrant had been satisfied.

In four cases, payment had been made to the court on receipt of the Notice of Enforcement (when bailiff fees of just £75 had been added). In the remaining two cases, payment had been made following an enforcement agent agent visit (fee of £235 had been applied)

In each case, the person had relied upon the following statements featured on social media sites (with close links to the Freeman on the Land movement).

Pay the fine online. That extinguishes the power to control of goods. The warrant only gives a power to take control of goods for the "sum adjudged".

In each debtors case, after making payment to the Magistrates Court they had received notification from the court that their payment had been forwarded to the enforcement company so that the company could properly deduct their Compliance fee of £75 and apportion the balance on a pro rata basis in line with legislation.

By following the inaccurate advice, each debtor had incurred substantial additional fees. In four cases, an enforcement fee of £235 had been added and in each case locksmith fee had also been applied.

Yesterday, yet another individual publicly stated on the internet that locksmiths had attended his property after he too was encouraged to make payment to the court of just the amount of the court fine (minus bailiff fees). The debtor not only had to pay the bailiff fees of £310...but he has incurred additional locksmiths fees.

He has been advised that he can apply to the court for 'Detailed Assessment'. This is yet another 'myth' that looks likely to cost debtors dearly.

• 2 months later...

I find it hard to believe that the public are still receiving advice to pay the court direct as if none of the above has ever been shown.

There really is no excuse for pushing this wrong advice, they must know it is flawed.

I find it hard to believe that the public are still receiving advice to pay the court direct as if none of the above has ever been shown.

There really is no excuse for pushing this wrong advice, they must know it is flawed.

There is not one court in the country that will accept payment in relation to a court fine once a warrant has been issued.

In every case, the court will write to the debtor to advise that the payment has been received and that it has been forwarded to the enforcement company. That payment will then be allocated in a pro rata basis with the enforcement company entitled to retain the £75 Compliance fee.

If there is any further doubt on the position regarding payments made to the court after a warrant has been issued, they should read the following:.

In April 2016 the Labour party MP; Jim Cunningham (Coventry South) raised a series of Parliamentary questions in the House of Commons regarding magistrate court fines.

His questions were answered by Shailesh Vara: The Parliamentray Under-Secretary of State for Justice:

Question from Jim Cunningham (Labour, Coventry South)

To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what estimate he has made of the
number of instances in which enforcement agent fees paid by a defendant
were transferred directly by HM Courts and Tribunal Services to enforcement agents in each of the last five years; and what estimate he has made of the amounts transferred in that period.

Reply from Shailesh Vara: The Parliamentray Under-Secretary of State for Justice.

If an offender makes a payment on a financial imposition after a warrant of control has been issued and referred to the EAE, HMCTS transfers the full payment to the AEA to enable them to reconcile their accounts and take the fee owed to them and they then return any balance owed to HMCTS.

The Tribunals Courts and Enforcement Act states that the AEA is entitled to retain the first £75 of any amount paid on a warrant and then their fees are retained on a pro rata basis with the balance paid to HMCTS.

A link to the full list of questions and answers is below:

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans/...l%22#g34637.r0

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?463958-Government-Minister-s-statement-regarding-court-fines-bailiff-fees-pro-rata-distribution-and-paying-the-court-direct

The trouble is DB

Not everyone has the knowledge of the rules and regs.

and it is pot luck where there advise comes from.

If you are desperate for advise you take what you find.

Leakie

Yes I understand, and I do not blame someone accepting advice in good will. I do blame people giving this advice when they know damn well it is flawed and can only result in additional cost to the debtor.

I thought this was a dead issue now, I was supprised to see it raise its head again.

It is being reported elsewhere that apparently Section 75a of the Magistrates Courts Act, and in particular; section 75(A)(6) does not permit costs to be applied to magistrate court fines. This suggestion is wrong and anyone taking notice of it should be very careful indeed.

Section 75A is very well known to me and in fact, a number of solicitors have approached me over the last few months asking for my thoughts on this specific part of legislation. I responded by providing a copy of a media article that I wrote on this subject.

For the avoidance of doubt, the reference to ‘collection costs’ in section 75A(6) is wholly different to enforcement agent costs relating to the Taking Control of Goods Regulations. They are not the same.

Lol, so that is why we see a resurgence of this nonesense.

Another case of not knowing how to read legislation. As you say section 75A is nothing to do with enforcement fees, this is stated quite clearly in the subsection. This section has been there for a while.

Enforcement and fees charged are within the enforcement regs(TCE) strangely enough :)As you say BA something else entirety, I would be interested to see the article is it avai!able ?

Fees are charged as we know courtesy of section 50(3) where it says, including costs of enforcement,coxts are defined as fees under section 62..

Lol, so that is why we see a resurgence of this nonesense.

I would be interested to see the article is it avai!able ?

I thought that I had posted a copy on here some time ago. For some reason, I cannot search back on any threads that I started before April 2016. In any event, I will get a copy over to you later today . I will also provide the backgroutnd info as well.

Providing the information and explanation on section 75A on the forum may well be useful but I would not want to risk this thread escalating to too many pages or worse still...to provide a reason for trolls to disrupt the thread.

I thought that I had posted a copy on here some time ago. For some reason, I cannot search back on any threads that I started before April 2016. In any event, I will get a copy over to you later today . I will also provide the backgroutnd info as well.

Providing the information and explanation on section 75A on the forum may well be useful but I would not want to risk this thread escalating to too many pages or worse still...to provide a reason for trolls to disrupt the thread.

No not really, unless someone is confused about this, gave me a welcome chuckle this morning though :)

No not really, unless someone is confused about this, gave me a welcome chuckle this morning though :)

I was at an industry conference this week (the best one so far). Almost a third of all local authorities were represented with many bailiff companies and other agencies also in attendance. I intend writing later regarding some important changes that are being planned but time and time again, it was reported at the conference that complaints about bailiff enforcement have dropped significantly with some CAB advice centres even reporting that they have had NO complaints about bailiff enforcement this year.

What did come across (and I find the same with queries that I receive on a daily basis) is that 'complaints' tend to stem from the individual believing inaccurate information that they have read on the internet. The present discussion elsewhere regarding section 75A of the Magistrates Court Act is a prime example with one person stating that:

"Link all that together then 75(a)(6) clearly means EA fees"

and other person stating this:

"Nobody has ever suggested that 75A is connected to enforcement costs"

For the avoidance of doubt, that particular section has no relevance at all to the charging of enforcement agent fees following the issue of a warrant of control.

The other said at 10:57 this morning; "it appears (to me anyway) that specific mention has been made, that costs related to enforcement may not be added to the sum adjudged."

Although mysteriously the post has dissapeared now LOL. Soo funny