Lowell Follow up letter to CCA request

Fibrofoggy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have several debts that have been passed to Lowell's. I've had the usual letters from them requesting payment etc. Some of the balances though, seem a lot higher than i remember so have written to Lowell's the standard letter requesting CCA. The letter was dated 15th January 2016. I have had a couple of replies which read as follows:

"you have requested documentation under sections 77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for this former/B]XXXX account.

We have asked XXXX to provide us with the requested documentation and will send this to you as soon as possible. We aim to provide this to you within 12 working days.

In the meantime this account is on hold and we will not contact you to request payment. If we have not heard anything from XXXX after 40 days we will send you an update."

I received the following letter as a follow up to the above one:

"We refer to your recent request under sections 77/78 of the consumer Credit Act 1974 for a copy of the documentation for this former XXXX account. We have requested a copy of the documentation but have not received this yet.

Your account will remain on hold while we await the requested information from XXXX."

My questions are:

1. In both letters they refer to the account as a "former" account. Does this mean the debt now belongs to Lowell completely or are they simply acting as an Agent?

2. I want to do a follow up letter to Lowell's about all the accounts but am unsure of the time scales within which they have to supply the requested information. I've tried looking this up but keep getting conflicting information. Am I correct in thinking that the first deadline is 12 days plus 2 (is this working days or just continuous days?)? They also mention a further 40 days time limit. From the research I've done I've only come across 30 days but again don't know if this is working days or not. Could someone please clarify the time limits and from which date each time limit should commence?

3. Finally could someone advise on a follow up letter or a template letter that i can use?

The original letter I sent made no acknowledgement to the debts.

Hope someone can help.

The CCA request if sent on 15/1/16 is already in default if they havent sent it, you need correspond with them no more regarding that account, unkess you receive a claimform, but without the agreement thats unlikely.

They refer to them as former accounts because they have bought them from the OC for pennies so former refers to the OC.

CCA requests have a 12+2 day timeline, the 40 days refers to a SAR request, something totally different.

No need to write any further to them if yoy have CCA'd them for all the accounts they are chasing.

Dont believe they have any power to do anything to you, they dont, they are chancers looking fir mugs to blindly give them money fir nothing

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Hi

thank you for your early reply.

There are five accounts in all . Two of them I have had responses (as in previous post), two have had no response at all and the fifth I've had no response to my CCA request either but I have had a further letter asking for payment.

1. Should I send reminder letters to the two no response accounts?

2. Should I send a copy of my CCA request to the fifth account which they've asked for payment?

Hi

thank you for your early reply.

There are five accounts in all . Two of them I have had responses (as in previous post), two have had no response at all and the fifth I've had no response to my CCA request either but I have had a further letter asking for payment.

1. Should I send reminder letters to the two no response accounts?

2. Should I send a copy of my CCA request to the fifth account which they've asked for payment?

No..you never chase CCA requests or issue reminders.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Once the 12+2 days has passed they are in default of a legal request.

That of course doesn't mean the debt has gone

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.