Jump to content
  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • The letter has far too much in it – some of it is not relevant – and apart from anything else, if he didn't comply with the various things that you are saying, you wouldn't know what to do about it. The best thing to do is to keep it simple.    
    • The Chinese-owned app is tying up with Shopify to create video ads and hiring thousands of engineers. View the full article
    • Hi Everyone, hope you are all keeping well in this strange new era.   On the 17th Sept, my friend booked a delivery to send a parcel to the USA, a vintage sewing machine. The collection and delivery was booked through MyParcelDeliver.Com, and UPS was the chosen courier. They collected it about four days later.   He paid for additional insurance along with the transportation of the item, to the tune of £128.75.   He packaged the parcel very well, packed with bubble wrap and paper and also styrofoam so that the sewing machine was safe in the box. He placed some plastic wrap over this, and he then sealed the box with tape. He videoed this for the buyer, so she could see how well he had packed the item because they were both concerned about the package being well protected.   The item arrived in the USA a few days later. The buyer instantly notified my friend that the parcel packaging was damaged, showing stress from water and general mishandling, and the item was also damaged in various parts, mainly the casing and the base.   He complained to MyParcelDelivery.Com on the1st October, they responded with 'You need to contact UPS...', which he did and also the buyer contacted them and got a response on the 2nd October.   UPS informed the buyer they would like to come and take a look at the packaging and the item, and this is the last she heard from them, she has called them several times, and always they say someone will call tomorrow and no one calls. She called my friend to ask if he could call them too and chase them up, he is Italian, and though he speaks English generally well, he asked me to talk with them on his behalf because he felt they were not listening to him or that he was missing something.   I spoke with them on the 26th October, they said they had sent my friend an email about this, we checked all of his emails, junk/spam too. There is nothing in there, I asked them to resend it, but nothing has appeared despite them saying they have sent it, we know they have the correct email address because they sent a message on the 2nd confirming they are looking into the claim of a damaged package, they also said they were planning on calling the seller 'again' on the 27th, which of course never happened, which she confirmed with me on the evening of the 27th.   Now it would seem to me that MyParcelDelivery is trying to say it has nothing to do with them, despite the booking being made through them, UPS US are pretending they are doing something but have so far done nothing, and we have heard Zilch from UPS UK.   I would like, if possible, some guidance on how to go about getting this resolved because this is just not right, the agent/courier have had their money, but the seller and buyer have been the victims of poor service and damaged goods.   If anyone could point us in the right direction on how to tackle this and get some redress for this, then I would be most grateful.   Thanks and kind regards   Mr B                 pox.pdf
    • From December, NS&I is phasing out posting warrants - a type of cheque - to winners. It instead wants bondholders to provide bank details so it can pay the money into their account. View the full article
  • Our picks

    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.
      We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.
      After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.
      It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.
      A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?
      After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.
      The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 
      You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.
        • Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.
      I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.
      As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.
      If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.
      They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.
      If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.
      The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.
      They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.
      Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks
        • Like

Moneybarn account terminated, refusing to communicate...

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1657 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I'll try to keep this as short as possible...


I took out finance for a car with Moneybarn back in November 2015,

amount borrowed 9k,

amount to repay 16k (roughly), £280 per month.


In January 2016 I lost one of the two jobs I held, reducing my income dramatically.

I fell behind on January's payment and contacted Moneybarn within a day

or so of the money being returned from my bank account.


I spoke to a lady and explained my current financial situation,

I asked her if it would be possible to help me through this temporary bump in the road.



I was asked to fill out an affordability form,

however, far from helping me,

I was instead told that I was deemed unable to afford my monthly repayments

(which I already knew)



despite my numerous requests for a temporary lower payment plan,

which I was happy to pay interest on, she refused.

I received an arrears notice shortly after, and swiftly paid it.



In February the same thing happened,

my repayment for the end of the month was once again returned due to lack of finances.


I didn't want to just ignore this,

so I once again contacted Moneybarn customer services and spoke to a very arrogant gentleman.

I explained my situation and pleaded for a lower repayment amount

until such time I find a second job again.



Despite this, he was adamant that this would not be possible,

and pressured me into agreeing upon three "exit options".



He vaguely described what each option meant,

and when asked to send me this in writing

- so I could carefully consider each option

- I was told this was not possible.


He told me I have 20 days to find second employment

and provide proof of my affordability for the original £280 per month.



I said I would do my best,

however, a month later and I am now two months into arrears (Febuary & March)

and I still only have one job as I have been unable to find second employment so far.


After my last phone call to Moneybarn Customer services in which I was spoken too in a very arrogant manner

and felt pressured into agreeing something which I didn't fully understand without being able to properly read the details

- I decided against contacting them via telephone.



I instead wrote a letter on March 15th to Moneybarn's head office,

detailing my current situation and requesting that my account be frozen

until such time we can agree upon a fair outcome.


Exactly one month later I received nothing in reply from them,

so I decided to email them instead attaching my original letter.


In response to this I received an email saying



"Sorry we cannot discuss this matter via email,

your account has been passed onto our Asset Management department, please call our customer service number"

even though, I quite clear stated that I did not feel comfortable discussing this over the telephone

and wanted written information where I can carefully read and consider what is being said to me.

I once again requested for a postal address for their Asset Management department,



in response, my request for an address was completely ignored and I was instead told their next action

is to appoint recovery agents to come and take my car,

and if I would like to discuss this to call their customer services...


So far they have ignored my original letter,

ignored my requests for written information of what is being said,

and avoided helping me in every possible way.



Despite their tag line of being "committed to working with customers to resolve any issues".


I don't quite know what to do next, or what options are left for me?


Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi and welcome to cag,

At this point i would write an "Official Complaint" to the CEO and attach the original letter, detailing their staffs failings in any attempt to help or assist or even confirm anything in writing, Try to keep the letter short and to the point so they actually read it.







I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.




GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled


Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

moneybarn will never help you



send then an sar for now.



IMHO your best bet is to VT

or go for a time order



though it might be best to cut and run.



shame you ever got involved with them.




please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..


DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs


NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..


If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 



Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...