Junk Mail

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon everyone,

Is there a section on this site that deals with Junk mail?

My problem is that a National company is sending addressed mail to my address it is always addressed to the householder or occupier and is franked and not part of a mail shot to other addresses. so falls outside the data protection act as its not a named person.

I have been in correspondence with the company and they say they cant stop it. But they send it so its not a case of cant its a case of wont. Is anyone aware of any legislation I can use to stop them?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I've moved this thread to the Postal and Delivery Forum, hopefully you will get some help here.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Which company

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

registered with TPS yet?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Actually it is relevant, as you can find out if it is a masked mass marketing campaign, targeted campaign, or theyre deliberately harassing you.

Companies like this need to be named, shamed and reported. Not hidden away. Also who cares if they monitor this site. They wont know who you are, and they certaily cant bring the forum into disrepute if theyre sending junk mail addressed to the occupier. That shows its a base part of their business practice.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Yes and spoken to them. They cant help just gave me the company address to write to which was the address I had already been using to contact them. They TPS were surprised that the company had wrote on two occasions to me since Christmas saying they could not stop the mail. but told me there code is not law and told me they could not help.

Yes and spoken to them. They cant help just gave me the company address to write to which was the address I had already been using to contact them. They TPS were surprised that the company had wrote on two occasions to me since Christmas saying they could not stop the mail. but told me there code is not law and told me they could not help.

They can be stopped as theyve flatly refused to do it twice now. The perso who advised you from TPS doesnt have a clue.

Maybe Harrison vs link could throw up some worthwhile info.

Virgin media keeps on sending me tons of junk mail despite writing to them a lot of times and telling them to completely erase my name and address from their database.

They ignored me completely.

Shame they don't send a return franked envelope anymore.

I used to send them lots of rubble in cardboard boxes with the prepay envelope stuck on it.

Virgin media keeps on sending me tons of junk mail despite writing to them a lot of times and telling them to completely erase my name and address from their database.

They ignored me completely.

Shame they don't send a return franked envelope anymore.

I used to send them lots of rubble in cardboard boxes with the prepay envelope stuck on it.

Shnap

Sorry I cant access the link to Harrison can you tell me where to find it please?

The CAB link has nothing on there site that I am not aware of and as the company are not part of voluntary schemes

All junk mail to this house gets marked 'not known at this address, return to sender' and put back in the post. I do it even if it's only addressed to the householder. My very elderly dad saves it up and spends a happy afternoon swapping the contents before sending it all back.

It used to here but I don't stop them sending it.

All the companies I have returned it to in the last 3-4 years and enclosed a letter asking to be removed from there mailing list have done so without just this one exception. Who think they can continue to send it, waste my time with poor excuses as to why they cant stop it, and they think I will go away. well they are wrong my time is as valuable as there's and they will be paying for it if I can find the correct laws and get them in court I just need help to find it.

Sorry I cant access the link to Harrison can you tell me where to find it please?

The CAB link has nothing on there site that I am not aware of and as the company are not part of voluntary schemes

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Mercantile/2011/B3.html

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Harrison vs link is to do with continued harassment off a 'creditor' or other entity. You have told them straight, multiple times to take your information off their database. By your info, they have REFUSED to do so. Thats why i mentioned the case. Its pretty clear cut.

Thanks or sending the link again sorry I still cant open it but I assume it is the same case as CitizenB has sent me on the following link: http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Mercantile/2011/B3.html I have read it twice now if it is and don't understand the link except point 83 which mentions phone calls. I am sure there was another case 3-4 years ago where someone took action over nuisance phone calls and clamed compensation for dealing with them which may also be relevant.

Thanks Ford, that's the one.

It is similar to the junk mail issue but as it did not go to court don't think it will get me far. I am a little surprised there are not more on here complaining about junk mail and that I cant find a way of stopping it from this company. I cant be the only one having this problem or is it just that I am over sensitive to it and I should throw them in the bin and walk away?

Virgin says readers should email their full name and address (including the postcode) to [email protected]. This is processed within “a couple of days”; however, you may receive letters for up to a further six weeks due to the way it processes its data for the next month’s mailings.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/aug/24/virgin-media-unwanted-mail