• Tweets

• This the form you use   Form N279: Tell the court you want to discontinue a claim or counterclaim - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK Use Form N279 to discontinue all or part of a claim or counterclaim. Send the completed form to the court and all other parties in the case.  
    • Hi All,   To give a brief summary of the drama, I have 2 old student loans taken out /signed for on 27/02/96 and 17/07/96. Both totalling just over 3k.  Some years deferred, some years didn't and paid the minimum payment. Moved around a great deal and lost contact. The last time I deferred and filled the D10 form in was 19/08/13 with SLC.   Then Erudio took over and I received their Notice Of Assignment on 02/04/14. Ignored everything after this. No contact, no payments, nothing.   Then came Dryden Fairfax who's letters I ignored thinking it was just a DCA.   Then a court claim came on 03/06/2019 which made me sit up a little! I had a read up and came to the conclusion the debt must be SB'd so I submitted my defence within the time limit. My defence was mainly on SB grounds and that I had no dealings nor signed any paperwork with Erudio. The total amount claimed was £4969.25. The court confirmed they had received my defence.   I have checked on the MOC website and the defence submission by myself was the last activity.    2 YEARS LATER! (07/21)I receive another letter from Drydenfairfax. They claim in a nutshell that my limitation defence had no merit. This is due to the deferment being August 2013 and the claim was issued on 03/06/2019.  They state that they require payment by Aug 2nd or arrange a payment plan which may be formalised by means of a tomlin order.   They then go on to state that they will have no alternative but to apply to the court to lift the stay on the proceedings without further notice. They say that such an application will include an application for summary judgment. Their letter included the D10 deferment from Aug2013, my two credit agreements (both of which are illegible and have amendments to my name. One of which is addressed to the college). And their notice of assignment letter.   So I'm presuming that the claim is stayed by the court as nothing has happened.   I have no searches or judgments on my credit report. It's squeaky clean!   I'm just really wondering where to go next with this? My thoughts are just to wait for any letters. Ignore everything from DrydenFairfax and just submit another defence of statute barred if I receive anything else from the court, as this looks like it was accepted first time round. Surely it must be quite difficult to get a stay lifted too. I'm assuming too that the debt was statute barred or if the claim date has stopped the clock. If so, what about the two years of no contact by Fairfax?   Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks
    • Hi hope you can help i sold a couple of hard drives in single auctions via ebay value £48 booked delivery via ebays packlink sent hermes, anyway within an hour of it being delivered i got the following message from the buyer.    Parcel arrived but is empty. I have not opened it but I can tell there is no hard drive in there it is light as a feather. Do you want me to open the box before I request refund?   I have spoken to ebay and nothing i can really do about it so he has opened a return i made him send me the following statement as i will be taking action.   (his name and address.) The parcel you sent me is I think empty or does not contain a hard drive. It only weight just over 100 grammes do cannot contain a hard drive, which was expected. For this reason I am processing a refund.   Anyway i filed with packlink yesterday lots of emails back and forth there reply.   With this email we confirm to have opened a formal investigation for tampering/missing content/theft. With the data you provided to us, the carrier will open an investigation and confirm the outcome to us. Take into account that this type investigation requires the coordination of different participants involved (driver, depot, warehouse, carrier's local offices), so it might be necessary to wait for a response from the different parties involved, before being able to provide you with an answer.     Now having read various accounts of packlink i do not hold out much luck of anything positive coming from it what next steps should i take is this worth pursuing what should i do next.   Thank you for taking the time to read i also attach a photo he sent me.   back1-converted.pdf
    • On the PM visiting Cornwall.   Boris Johnson visited a village in Cornwall and asked the inhabitants what the government could do for them. "We have two big needs" said the village spokesman. "First, we have a health centre but no doctor." Boris whipped out his mobile phone, spoke for a while and then said "I have sorted it out. A doctor will arrive here tomorrow. What is your other need?" "We have no mobile phone reception at all in our village." - America’s best pics and videos AMERICASBESTPICS.COM America’s best pics and videos is fun of your life. Images, GIFs and videos featured seven ti...  
    • Indeed. My employer is giving full pay precisely because we don't want to risk anyone saying they haven't been pinged, because they know they'll then  lose out on money.   So far, people have been so tired from staying home on furlough, they are desperate to get back to work, So no widescale abuse. We do have policies we can enact if someone is suspiciously multi-pinged... but they are the same as if someone was swinging the lead pre-covid. No change except in the type of illness.   What matters here is essentially "not killing people." A majority of employees are honest, want to see the employer survive, and so act decently. There's always a few bad apples, but there are in anything.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Legal to carry in the UK ?

rupert9bear

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, unless it has been banned by UK authorities and is used solely for self defence.

I seem to remember other defence sprays that are available.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

i don't believe any sprays can be termed 'legal', I think the only legal defence at the moment is a rape alarm.

Having said that, I don't suppose someone who is attempting to mug or rob you will make a report should they get any eyeful from a pepper spray.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum

Would this be legal to carry in the UK ? It sprays out a harmless red gel that stains anyone it hits for about 5 days.

It will likely hinge on if the gel and its stain is considered noxious. The gel isn't completely harmless if it stains .... (Damage to clothing is, strictly speaking, "harm", just not "bodily harm"!)

S5 Firearms Act 1968

S5(1)(b)

any weapon of whatever description designed or adapted for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other thing;

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/27/section/5

Back on topic, if I carry hair spray in my shoulder bag, and I have to defend my self from a physical attack, I'm sure I could use it to defend my self..

Depends if it was reasonable force...

If it's a robber or mugger, any force is reasonable force no matter how heavy.

Not true. You can't stab or shoot a mugger for example.

Likewise with a burglar. Do you not remember the Tony Martin case?

Not true. You can't stab or shoot a mugger for example.

Likewise with a burglar. Do you not remember the Tony Martin case?

It's always astonished me that someone would choose to try to rob a farm - they're about the only places in the UK where you're likely to find a legally owned firearm, hundreds of acres of empty space and access to heavy plant machinery...

Mind you, our border collie is an excellent deterrent for anyone trying to get onto our farm...

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

The best way to get the correct advice is to ask your local constabulary, the Farb Gels were legal to carry in Hants, then the firearms laws changed and they weren't, however it is down to your local constabulary to decide.

Drop them an email or tweet.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Description

Crime effects people in different ways, we are constantly looking for alternative solutions to help ourselves and family. Now help is here with FARB-GEL Defence Spray. The defence spray is compact and 100% UK legal. It is perfect for Students, shop owners, travellers, joggers, taxi drivers, nurses and other health care workers, neighbourhood wardens, walkers, bikers, hikers and anyone who wants extra security and protection, bringing back confidence when going out or travelling.

Well the blurb on their web site says it is 100% UK Legal, one assumes it is up to the point that you use it on someone who then brings a claim against you for damaging their clothes!

OK, didn't realise we were splitting hairs, speak to your local constabulary for advice, tell them what it is you want clarification on. They will then tell you whether you can, or can't.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Back on topic, if I carry hair spray in my shoulder bag, and I have to defend my self from a physical attack, I'm sure I could use it to defend my self..

No doubt, but hair spray isn't within the definition of a weapon so the question of whether it is prohibited under the Firearms Act to possess hair spray doesn't arise.

Whether rupertbear's gel spray is within the definition in the Firearms Act is less clear cut. I don't know the answer, but bear in mind that the legal question isn't whether you can use it to defend yourself but whether it's legal to possess it. Anything that is "designed or adapted for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other thing" can as easily be used to rob/mug/assault someone as it can be to defend yourself. So rupertbear is well advised to check out whether it's legal because if found with it by police could be charged with possessing an illegal weapon if it isn't legal.