Legal to carry in the UK ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum

Would this be legal to carry in the UK ? It sprays out a harmless red gel that stains anyone it hits for about 5 days.

Yes, unless it has been banned by UK authorities and is used solely for self defence.

I seem to remember other defence sprays that are available.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

i don't believe any sprays can be termed 'legal', I think the only legal defence at the moment is a rape alarm.

Having said that, I don't suppose someone who is attempting to mug or rob you will make a report should they get any eyeful from a pepper spray.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum

Would this be legal to carry in the UK ? It sprays out a harmless red gel that stains anyone it hits for about 5 days.

It will likely hinge on if the gel and its stain is considered noxious. The gel isn't completely harmless if it stains .... (Damage to clothing is, strictly speaking, "harm", just not "bodily harm"!)

S5 Firearms Act 1968

S5(1)(b)

any weapon of whatever description designed or adapted for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other thing;

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/27/section/5

Back on topic, if I carry hair spray in my shoulder bag, and I have to defend my self from a physical attack, I'm sure I could use it to defend my self..

Depends if it was reasonable force...

If it's a robber or mugger, any force is reasonable force no matter how heavy.

Not true. You can't stab or shoot a mugger for example.

Likewise with a burglar. Do you not remember the Tony Martin case?

Not true. You can't stab or shoot a mugger for example.

Likewise with a burglar. Do you not remember the Tony Martin case?

It's always astonished me that someone would choose to try to rob a farm - they're about the only places in the UK where you're likely to find a legally owned firearm, hundreds of acres of empty space and access to heavy plant machinery...

Mind you, our border collie is an excellent deterrent for anyone trying to get onto our farm...

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

The best way to get the correct advice is to ask your local constabulary, the Farb Gels were legal to carry in Hants, then the firearms laws changed and they weren't, however it is down to your local constabulary to decide.

Drop them an email or tweet.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Description

Crime effects people in different ways, we are constantly looking for alternative solutions to help ourselves and family. Now help is here with FARB-GEL Defence Spray. The defence spray is compact and 100% UK legal. It is perfect for Students, shop owners, travellers, joggers, taxi drivers, nurses and other health care workers, neighbourhood wardens, walkers, bikers, hikers and anyone who wants extra security and protection, bringing back confidence when going out or travelling.

Well the blurb on their web site says it is 100% UK Legal, one assumes it is up to the point that you use it on someone who then brings a claim against you for damaging their clothes!

OK, didn't realise we were splitting hairs, speak to your local constabulary for advice, tell them what it is you want clarification on. They will then tell you whether you can, or can't.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Back on topic, if I carry hair spray in my shoulder bag, and I have to defend my self from a physical attack, I'm sure I could use it to defend my self..

No doubt, but hair spray isn't within the definition of a weapon so the question of whether it is prohibited under the Firearms Act to possess hair spray doesn't arise.

Whether rupertbear's gel spray is within the definition in the Firearms Act is less clear cut. I don't know the answer, but bear in mind that the legal question isn't whether you can use it to defend yourself but whether it's legal to possess it. Anything that is "designed or adapted for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other thing" can as easily be used to rob/mug/assault someone as it can be to defend yourself. So rupertbear is well advised to check out whether it's legal because if found with it by police could be charged with possessing an illegal weapon if it isn't legal.