• Tweets

• read the guide CCA goes to the claimant   dx  
    • Hi, yes that is what has happened. The technician originally said that the tyres were for BMW, it came to light in the PayPal disputes I’ve had with them that it’s not only for BMW but certainly not for my car. It seems like everyone I speak to has a different sort of opinion on what the tyres are for. We looked for a branded tyre within a good price range and chose that tyre assuming any tyre on the list would have fit our car.. I shall do that yes I would like the call recording as I am actually quite upset how the lady spoke to us about it when we contacted customer services anyway. Thanks for helping. 
    • By the way, please will you send a subject access request to Halfords and make sure you asked them for call recordings as well as any of the details that you input in respect to your tyre order and any other personal data which they hold on you in any form. Get this letter off to them by email tomorrow and confirm in writing.   I suggest that you send the letter for the attention of Andrea Botha | Executive Contact Manager who will be aware of this situation.   https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andrea-botha-96b565143   I've written to her again and suggested that maybe she doublecheck the situation because of my understanding what you say is correct, then I think that she must badly have misunderstood the circumstances of this. Once again, I understand that you input the details of a Kia and Halfords recommended tyres fit for a BMW. They only informed you of this error after the tyre fitting had been booked. Your initial contact with Halfords after this resulted in a promise to reimburse you and it was only a subsequent contact with another customer services person that they renege on the promise. Is that correct?
    • We ended up with years of Thatcherism last time Labour went off the rails Loony Left - and Foot was nowhere near as loony as Corbyn lunacy   Thanks God the Libdems are better positioned today.   Looooooonnnnggg Past time some of the major unions and sane MP's split. They are almost certain to lose their seats and the country anyway, and union power will be trashed even further under the Johnson/ERG deregulation plans. and Corbyn will still not resign ...
    • Okay. We are very happy to help you get your money back. If you have the evidence that I have indicated then there is absolutely no problem and frankly I don't know why Halfords seems to be prepared to cause such a fuss to deny you your consumer rights and to save her company 40 quid – simply on a callout fee.  Now that I've called their attention to this thread I expect that they they will be following it. If you are prepared to issue a small claim then we will help you all the way including helping you draft your documents. Halfords will be crazy to allow this to continue – but if they decide to get personal about it then they will see you in court but the chances of them winning are negligible. It's up to you. Bringing a small claim is very easy. Your risk would be the claim fee which in this case would be £25, I think and then if they push it to a hearing about a hundred quid which when you win – if you win – you will get back. Of course we will publish the result here and show Halfords up as we have done before. It's amazing to have to go to this kind of trouble.   Once again, I just want to confirm that your case will be that you inputted all the correct details into their website and Halfords returned a particular specification to you which was incorrect. Effectively this means that they are in breach of their contractual duty to supply goods which are fit for their purpose. However, have you checked elsewhere in fact Halfords are correct and that the tyres are not fit for your vehicle. It occurs to me that maybe Halfords have told you that they're not fit for your vehicle when in fact they are. This would also put Halfords in breach but in a rather different way.  
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1175 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hiya i got yellowbox junction ticket

.. Council uploaded the video evidence

. I entered in YBJ while next car moved from junction but then eventually got stopped cos of signal.

Can you guys pls have a look on this video and advise me if i worth get to do appeal against this PCN

You guys can check my contravention video on viiemypcn.com

cos i m new user so I can't attach link or video with my post

Pcn number :FR24296226

Reg number: fd55xvx

Thx

You stopped because of a signal? Can you explain?

As I understand the regulations involve having a clear exit and stopping because of stationary vehicles blocking the exit - not because of signals.

You stopped because of a signal? Can you explain?

Beyond the yellow box are 2 car lengths and then a set of lights. OP was the 3rd car, with two-thirds of the car still in the YBJ for a total of 45 secs before the lights changed to green.

Sorry, I can't really see any grounds

Okay guys thx . I m going to pay the fine ... Thx for your comments

I received another pcn for yellow box.

I just want to know what is a legal requirement of a yellow box

because i have seen on internet that one corner should be over the curb .

I have attached pics of this yellow box ,

there are double yellow line on one corner n broken yellow line on other corner.

Can anyone tell me if this is a legal yellow box marking?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The box doesn't comply in the right corner because the double yellow line should be broken and box should reach the curb, however nowadays this is dismissed by adjudicators as minimal.

The box is still clearly marked so a driver would know that it is there.

Technically it is not fully compliant, but it will be hard to get the appeal allowed.

Post the pcn minus personal details, maybe there's something wrong with it which could invalidate it