£13.56 debt

jedi134
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My previous insurer automatically renewed my insurance without my authorisation..

.I was only made aware of this when the paper work came through 2 days later..

.I cancelled it the same day the papers came.

They said no problem, and I will get a full refund.

I now have insurance with another company as the quote was lower.

Now my previous insurer has sent me a debt letter stating that i owe them £13.56.

I phoned them and they say its the cancellation fee??

(£10 cancellation fee and the £3.56 I still owe them but they will not chase it up?)

They cant just canel it

Also my renewal quote was £470 yet they were only going to refund me £430????

but nothing was taken in the 1st place...

can someone enlighten me as to what is going on here?

are they just trying to extort £13.56 from me as I did not accept there renewal quote?

does this stay on my credit records or anything like that? why wont they canel it completly.

They didnt even take any funds from my credit card...

I did not authorize them to renew the policy,

if or if not you owe this

pers I doubt it.

however, unless you tell them you do not wish to renew

by law now they have to do it.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If the renewal letter with the renewal notice stated it was an automatic renewal, then yes they can charge this. It will be £10 cancellation admin fee plus £3.56 for the 2 days worth of cover after the renewal date.

Up to you whether you pay this,as i doubt it will be chased. They will probably eventually write it off, given that you have arranged insurance elsewhere.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So by law they will renew the policy unless told otherwise by me?

I was away at the time my insurance ended on the 8th. My son told be about the renewal, I cancelled on the 10th when he told me the papers came, as I wasnt happy with the huge renewal price.

I reinsured the vehicle on the 18th when I returned to uk with someone else at a cheaper price.

What is the law now about having continuous insurance? have I done something wrong by not having the car insured for 10 days? I was away?

Its the cheek they have at presuming I will accept their expensive quote and take moneys from my CC without my autherisation.....and then to rub salt into the wound, start sending me debt letters......I always pay up front yearly for my insurance......cheeky Twots!!!!!

Which Insurance Company is this jedi134 ?

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

With many Car Insurances it is an automatic renewal and the Insurers will send a renewal notice about 3 weeks before the renewal date, so people have chance to shop around. If no instruction is received to cancel the policy it will be continued with the premiums collected. It is not the fault of Insurers, if people are away when the renewal is due

I suspect that if the OP's car had been stolen or caught fire on the 9th, he would be making a claim on the policy. If a car is not SORN, there is a compulsory Insurance requirement and DVLA do write out to people. But unlikely they will do so in this case, as i think they wait for a period of 14 days before writing.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

With many Car Insurances it is an automatic renewal and the Insurers will send a renewal notice about 3 weeks before the renewal date, so people have chance to shop around. If no instruction is received to cancel the policy it will be continued with the premiums collected. It is not the fault of Insurers, if people are away when the renewal is due

I suspect that if the OP's car had been stolen or caught fire on the 9th, he would be making a claim on the policy. If a car is not SORN, there is a compulsory Insurance requirement and DVLA do write out to people. But unlikely they will do so in this case, as i think they wait for a period of 14 days before writing.

Yes there was a reminder letter sent out , but I forgot all about it..my fault.. But still the cheek of bumping up the premium by £150 and expecting me to just accept it, then sending me debt collection letters for insurance I did not want or autherise....

If I bought a pair of shoes one year and paid on my CC I would not expect to recieve a new pair the next year at a higher cost and credited to my CC without prior autherisation.....

Now I owe them a whopping £3.58 apparently but they wont chase it, so why not just put an end to it now? Sorry but they make my blood boil:-x

So by law they will renew the policy unless told otherwise by me?

I was away at the time my insurance ended on the 8th. My son told be about the renewal, I cancelled on the 10th when he told me the papers came, as I wasnt happy with the huge renewal price.

I reinsured the vehicle on the 18th when I returned to uk with someone else at a cheaper price.

What is the law now about having continuous insurance? have I done something wrong by not having the car insured for 10 days? I was away?

Its the cheek they have at presuming I will accept their expensive quote and take moneys from my CC without my autherisation.....and then to rub salt into the wound, start sending me debt letters......I always pay up front yearly for my insurance......cheeky Twots!!!!!

You'll have to read the policy small print but most contain the auto renewal clause. You still have the 14 day cooling off period on the new renewal but if you didn't tell them to stop the renewal before it started I think they can charge for the days that were covered and reasonable admin fee. I've never had a renewal price that matched a new customer price so always make a note to check comparison sites a month before it expires.

If a car is off the road, I don't know if it's the same for insurance but for road tax I'm fairly sure that you only need to declare sorn if it's off road for longer than 14 days.

All people have to do, if they don't want insurances to auto renew is to contact the Insurers after taking out insurance or before renewal to advise the Insurers not to auto renew. The Insurers will then take off the auto renewal feature from your policy.

But don't complain to Insurers if you take off the auto renewal and then forget to renew or take out alternative insurance.

Most people have mobile phones or computer with calendars, that have a reminder function. Why not add a reminder about 2 weeks before renewal dates and a reminder the day before renewal dates ? You can then chase up renewal documents not received and take time to shop around. And you have a reminder to renew or take out insurance, so you are not left without cover.

All people have to do, if they don't want insurances to auto renew is to contact the Insurers after taking out insurance or before renewal to advise the Insurers not to auto renew. The Insurers will then take off the auto renewal feature from your policy.

Bingo !! :thumb:

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert