BT youview box - sound and vision synchronisation ** Satisfied **

Conniff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am using a Panasonic tv with a Panasonic sound system connected via HDMI.

My box is continually losing sync between sound and vision. I have to reset it no less that 3 or 4 times every day and it's becoming a real pain in the ass and spoiling programme viewing. This box is not fit for purpose.

I put the problem into the BT forum but as expected, no one from BT responded.

Today I'm going to email the boss and tell her she has 1 week to fix the problem or I end my contract which has only been going just over a month.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Have tried those things, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't, but even if changing channels and changing back again worked every time, I don't see why I should have to do that.

Send the garbage back then and get a proper provider (not Sky ) the other:-)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

It's on 12 months contract, but if they can't fix it, then the contract will be at an end. You're right with the description 'garbage'.

We did have Virgin before and never had a problem.

Edited by Conniff
correct typo

You never know Conniff...but i tend to be a bit sceptical about tv coming through a phone line...they cant even get broadband through it:-)

I tried ringing the council this morning and couldnt get a phone call through it 🙈

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

I tried ringing the council this morning and couldnt get a phone call through it 🙈

:lol:

I contacted Libby Barr and she had the company who run it for them (Newcastle Technical) send me a new box.

There were some options I could try on the BT forum but after careful thought, I posted the following on the BT forum:

"Thank you for your input. I have received a new box but have made the following decision.

This box and the system is rubbish and not fit for purpose. It is extremely inconvenient to use and to take just one example:

Go to the Vintage channel and you have to wait around 15 seconds while it says "please wait until the red button shows and press that".

if you take a look through the guide (while the adverts are on) and take a look at another channel, say MTV, you can't go back to Vintage.

Clicking on it from the guide or entering in the channel number just has it sitting there doing nothing.

I'm sorry, but this box is so obviously built down to a price and not up to a quality.

I have decided that we will use the internal speakers for the remainder of the contract and then go back to

Virgin who has none of this sound/vision synchronisation problem, there isn't even a setting where it can be done.

The BT system is just freeview with a couple of other very difficult to get to channels added on, the adverts on the BT website are very misleading."

I'll send the same to the boss as I think I would be making a safe bet that she doesn't read the forums, (hardly any of the posts have been answered),

and let her know exactly how a customer feels.

The new box will be returned unopened, as long as they pay the postage.

conniff, I to have a BT youview box (not on contract tho) my sound did go out of sync when I first got the box mine is the 4k UHD box (tho there's no 4k UHD programs yet) I run my you view box into my TV via HDMI and the sound back out to a bose soundbar, there's a menu in my TV that allows some alteration's to the sound outlet maybe worth looking in tv menu to see if that help

Regarding the channel's from what I know there's still only really 2 main box manufacture's for you view, the cheap one is used to be made by hawawi which did suffer with time lagging when I last used one, the second box used to be made by humax which is always has been the better box, I'm guessing you got the small square unit from BT ?

Thanks Luke.

We had intended to put up with the poorer quality sound from the small speakers in the tv until the end of the contract with is around Christmas but this evening all is not well.

My wife complained during Emmerdale that the sound was out of sync again so absolutely nothing to do with the delivery of the sound.

I have now swopped boxes to see what happens. I'll let you know what makes they are tomorrow. They both look identical though.

the box i have is the humax DTR-4000 as seen here

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/digital-tv-receivers/bt-ultra-hd-youview-box-1301334/review

it was the only 4k UHD box available when I upgraded the TV last year so went for it, the cheaper you view boxes usually the one's without hard drivers are just cheap hence bt can send you out 2 without worrying about cost's

• 3 weeks later...

To put this thread to bed. BT have released us from our contract without penalty and we have returned the box.

The customer service and communication was second to none so I have to thank them for that.

We are still using their Infinity 2 broadband and telephone service and can't fault those.