• Tweets

• well we cant help you without information. we need to SEE the org TfL Letter and your reply. we also need to see the SJPN court forms upon WHAT you are ACTUALLY charged with and if there is a TIC List requiring your signature next to each journey and how many journey's are on the list? scan these upto ONE mass PDF read upload CAREFULLY. if your 'lie' of lost card is included in the court docs within a written statements , i can't see you escaping a criminal conviction...sorry. dx    
    • thanks for the fuller story now... sadly on most assumptions you are wrong. i cant see you going anywhere with this . the file can appear twice on your file, but doesn't hurt you twice. OC's are not obliged to default a debt before sale (though if they dont - it renders the debt useless to a debt buyer) . thus Lowell just left it and in 2021 their entry fell off due to 6yrs of no reporting. lowell didn't 'write it off' its an automated CRA File process . The old EE entry was held on your file because of the AP markers, they are a real bugbear to any account and if its never defaulted can cause an account to show for 12yrs on cra files regardless to any balance or not. in your case its sadly somewhat immaterial that EE erroneously used AP, it appears it didn't actually harm you. you cleared the EE entry bal by paying £69 in 2022, that wouldn't have changed anything really. the AP markers held it on your file. so either EE now remove it or you await it's natural drop off 6yrs from the last AP mark.  
    • So my CPR request has come back from Overdales, the same multipage 29 page agreement that came back via the CCA, plus notice of assignment. However no Default notice, or Statement. They just confirm that they have raised a request for a copy of each,.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

MBNA court Activ Kapital

shamrocker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have you not already requested information vis a CPR 31.14?

Andy

No, I haven't Andy. I presumed I only needed to to ask for the CCA based on advice given, though I did wonder about it.

I know there's plenty of info about it on the forum so I won't take up any of your time by asking what I should be asking for and how it assists with the defence, but before I go looking, is this still a worthwhile exercise at this stage?

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to worry ...I very much doubt they would respond anyway...you can pick up on disclosure further into the process.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Ok, great. I'll try to do some reading up on it in readiness for it's use at a later stage. In the meantime, we're approaching the deadline for acknowledgement - date of issue, e.g. 25th September would make the deadline 14th October, correct?

Tomorrow is the deadline to AoS yes.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Tomorrow is the deadline to AoS yes.

Ok, I have completed the AoS and indicated that I would defend the claim. I have still not received any CCA as per my request to AK.

Is there a standard defence with regards to the claimant not being able to provide the CCA? Tell me to go read through the forum if the answer lies there, though I though it was worth asking first as I usually end up reading through a load of totally irrelevant material. I haven't had a chance to read up much yet as I've been busy and just popped on the forum quickly as I am aware that the clock is ticking.

Here is one of mine as an example of draft :-

####DEFENCE:#####

1. Paragraph 1 is not admitted with regards to the Defendant entering in to an Agreement referred to in the Particulars of Claim ('the Agreement') with the Claimant as the Defendant did not enter into any Agreement with the Claimant.

2. Paragraph 1 is not admitted with regards to the Claimant terminating the alleged contractual Agreement as the Defendant did not enter into any Agreement with the Claimant.

3. Paragraph 1 is denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

4. As per Civil Procedureicon Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

5. On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

6. On the alternative, the Agreement referred to in paragraph 1 was improperly executed contrary to Section 61(1)(a) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 ('the Act').

7. The Agreement cannot be enforced against the Defendant without an order of the court by the reason of the fact that it was improperly executed as set out above and by reason of Section 65(1) of the Act.

8. Further, by reason of the fact that there is no document which has been signed by the Defendant containing a correct statement of the amount of the credit under the Agreement, and by reason of Section 127(3) of the Act, the Court has no power to make an enforcement order in respect of the Agreement because a term stating the amount of the credit is a prescribed term for the purposes of Sections 61(1)(a) and 127(3), prescribed by the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983, regulation 6(1) and paragraph 2 of Schedule 6.

9. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Split their POC into paragraphs and number them and then use the above as an example.

Never leave it to the last possible hour...a day before its due?

Never leave it to the last possible hour...a day before its due?

A quick question with regards to defence - using the above example draft, does it need to have the POC listed above the defence as a kind of introduction and then labelled 'Paragraph 1', etc... It's this Paragraph 1 bit that's confusing me. Or, to put it another way, assuming the above example fitted my situation perfectly, would this be all that I'd need to include in the defence?

No not on the submitted version thats for you to refer to their points...if they have 5 points (breakdown their points of their particulars) you would have 5 responses etc etc.

They never number their particulars ....they should to be compliant so you do it for them.

If you dont like the phrase " paragraph " call it point 1 and point 2 and so on.

No not on the submitted version thats for you to refer to their points...if they have 5 points (breakdown their points of their particulars) you would have 5 responses etc etc.

They never number their particulars ....they should to be compliant so you do it for them.

If you dont like the phrase " paragraph " call it point 1 and point 2 and so on.

Thanks Andy. Another question - (bearing in mind your example is a very good fit for my POC) you state:

"1. Paragraph 1 is not admitted with regards to the Defendant entering in to an Agreement referred to in the Particulars of Claim ('the Agreement') with the Claimant as the Defendant did not enter into any Agreement with the Claimant.

2. Paragraph 1 is not admitted with regards to the Claimant terminating the alleged contractual Agreement as the Defendant did not enter into any Agreement with the Claimant."

My POC states 'the defendant entered into an agreement with MBNA' - therefore, should I still retain your wording as above and refer to 'not admitted with regards to entering into an Agreement with the Claimant'?

BTW, still no news on my CCA request.

If the claimant is not MBNA and they dont state it was assigned to them then yes otherwise no as will come across as being pedantic.

In the above draft I caught them out they failed to state that they had bought the debt from the original creditor.

In your case no.....

The claimant claims the sum of £15,970.57 for debt and interest. On 26/07/05 the defendant entered into an agreement with MBNA for a credit card under reference 0123456789012345. On 12/09/12 the defendant defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding balance of £15,009.98. On 22/11/12 the debt of £15,009.98 was assigned to Activ Kapital Portfolio AS Oslo Zug Branch. Notice of Assignment was sent to the defendant in accordance with s136 Law of Property Act 1925. AND THE CLIENT CLAIMS - 1. The sum of £15,970.57, 2. Statutory interest pursuant to Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00% per annum from, etc..etc..

In your case no.....

Back again...sorry! The Consumer Credit Act is not mentioned within my POC, but I assume it was referred to in the POC you drafted the above example for. Therefore, should I draw upon it at all in my defence?

I refer to these points:

"5. On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

6. On the alternative, the Agreement referred to in paragraph 1 was improperly executed contrary to Section 61(1)(a) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 ('the Act').

7. The Agreement cannot be enforced against the Defendant without an order of the court by the reason of the fact that it was improperly executed as set out above and by reason of Section 65(1) of the Act.

8. Further, by reason of the fact that there is no document which has been signed by the Defendant containing a correct statement of the amount of the credit under the Agreement, and by reason of Section 127(3) of the Act, the Court has no power to make an enforcement order in respect of the Agreement because a term stating the amount of the credit is a prescribed term for the purposes of Sections 61(1)(a) and 127(3), prescribed by the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983, regulation 6(1) and paragraph 2 of Schedule 6."

Although the Act was not mentioned, should I; a. keep the wording you have used; or, b. pull it into the defence from a different angle i.e. the Agreement should be compliant to the Act, but isn't and therefore...etc, etc..?

Their claim does rely on the CCA1974 so irrespective of whether they have stated it or not you can respond with the above points.

Post up your final draft and ill give it the once over.

Regards

Andy

I've submitted it via MCOL Andy :!:

It is very similar to yours, except I altered a little of it to keep it within the context of the POC, particularly to whom the alleged agreement was made with (MBNA). Then, further on, I referred back to the claimant with regards to monies currently owed, pretty much as you stated it. It was really only the first few points that I had to change.

No problem keep you thread updated with anything that transpires.

Here it is:

1. Paragraph 1 is not admitted with regards to the Defendant*

entering in to an agreement referred to in the Particulars of*

Claim ('the Agreement') with the MBNA as the Defendant did not*

enter into any Agreement with MBNA.

2. Paragraph 1 is not admitted with regards to 'the defendant*

defaulted' on the Agreement, as the Defendant did not enter into*

any Agreement with MBNA.

3. It is denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to*

the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the*

Claimant; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under*

statute or equity to issue a claim;

4. As per Civil Procedureicon Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that*

the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

5. On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt,*

it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to*

contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and*

Section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

6. On the alternative, the Agreement referred to in paragraph 1*

was improperly executed contrary to Section 61(1)(a) of the*

Consumer Credit Act 1974 ('the Act').

7. The Agreement cannot be enforced against the Defendant without*

an order of the court by the reason of the fact that it was*

improperly executed as set out above and by reason of Section*

65(1) of the Act.

8. Further, by reason of the fact that there is no document which*

has been signed by the Defendant containing a correct statement of*

the amount of the credit under the Agreement, and by reason of*

Section 127(3) of the Act, the Court has no power to make an*

enforcement order in respect of the Agreement because a term*

stating the amount of the credit is a prescribed term for the*

purposes of Sections 61(1)(a) and 127(3), prescribed by the*

Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983, regulation 6(1) and*

paragraph 2 of Schedule 6.

9. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied*

that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

But you did enter in agreement with MBNA albeit through Virgin?

Yes. So I should have accepted that bit? I presumed this bit was denied due to absence of CCA? Looks like I've missed the point with some of this.

Is it possible to change this bit with them...or too late? Would it make any difference anyway?

Can you still get into the MCOL screen or has it locked?