• Tweets

• Update: tfl is taking me to court I'm trying to get an ooc claim from them but they have not been replying to my emails. 
    • Thousands of Chinese companies are making synthetic opioids and shipping them around the world.View the full article
    • Are these the important pages I need to upload ? 1.  pages 1-4 are court form 10a 2.  2 pages of the CCA agreement  3.  Default notice from NewDay, 22/02/20 4.   Lowell letter stating they own debt ,     Dated 16/11/20 5. Unheaded letter also dated 16/11/20 from NewDay saying they assigned “all of the respective rights etc,”  to Lowell on 23/10/20 I make this 9 relevant pages from what I can see   ( all other pages are statements/default notes and lots of FCA info sheets) just needing your confirmation in advance as I don’t want to send over pages that are not required thank you  UCM      
    • Thanks Dave It's not too far away, about 8 or 9 miles, I will probably venture over on my bike if I can't think of a good reason to drive there again! I'll have a chat with Mrs GB_Joe tomorrow and see which shops they visited, I know M&S was on the list (had to try on multiple sets of trousers!) and they are actually in that bit of retail park. The uniform shop is across the way in the Meridian Centre, so probably not helpful to get them involved.
    • As they have failed to deliver their original PCN you will need to send them an SAR where they should provide that PCN. It should show the address they used . If it is not your current one that would explain the non delivery. If it was correct then perhaps the Post office messed up. A more cynical view would be that UKPC didn't send it so that you couldn't claim the reduction. It appears that UKPC have been there for some time  but I have been unable to find any pictures of their Notices.The leisure park itself is pretty big so while some parts maybe give 5 hours free parking other parts may have restrictions like permits. I haven't been there for years -I went  to Nandos and the bowling centre . I am surprised that they are now infested with UKPC as the place is plenty big enough not to require their dubious services. If you live not to far away it would help if you could get some legible pictures of their signs. Be carful to park in an area that doesn't require a permit and take photos of the entrance signs, the five hour sign and the permit only sign as well as any other signs that are different from the previous signs. Also if their is a payment machine could you please photograph that.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

HELP! - Bus Fare evasion for 8 months (using brothers 16+ oyster)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there I am a 21 years old male and

got caught fare evading on the bus with my brothers oyster card (16+ oyster card)

the ticket inspector boarded the bus and asked to see my ticket I had used to board,

I showed him it and he told me to show the photo card.

Realising it wasn't me he asked why I had it,

AT THIS MOMENT I WAS SCARED FOR MY LIFE and told him it belongs to my brother who has autism,

and occasionally he boards the bus with me for school so that is why I had it.

Although my brother does have autism, he barely uses the card

I have used myself for travel FOR 8 MONTHS (which I deeply regret now)

what I had told the ticket inspector was a lie and I didn't know any better,

after all I get really cold feet when I am put under question and say the wrong things.

The letter came today asking to give details and comments regarding the case

(which I believe you are all familiar with)

- its the first letter you get after you're caught fare evading

I realise What I have done is wrong and I absolutely regret this deeply (I've been losing sleep over this)

I do not want a criminal conviction or be taken to court as

I am 21 yrs old and this is the start of my life

- it makes me cry of the thought of that :(

I am just wondering How I should reply to the letter to give details about the case,

and what should I mention, should I come clean about how long I have been using it for?

Been using it for 8 months, mainly for the bus 3 times a week and a few weekly travel cards for 2 months

regards-

Morella :)

What do you want of us? There is no "magic wand to wave" nor "magic letter".

You have fare evaded for 8 months.

There is no guarantee they won't prosecute,

so you may well end up in court / with a conviction.

If you were doing so for 8 months, I

t seems likely you would have continued if you'd not been caught.

How long did you expect to get away with it for,

and what did you expect when caught,

if you "do not want a criminal conviction or be taken to court as I am 21 yrs old and this is the start of my life

- it makes me cry of the thought of that :("

If you lie in the letter, they'll prosecute for sure.

However, you don't have to volunteer information they haven asked for.

So, don't lie, but if they are asking you about the journey you made reply about the journey you made.

Only discuss other journeys if they ask : but they may well ask!

Of course there is no magic wond,

but this is probably my first ever wrong doing with the law per say,

and wanted advice before I do something even more stupid...

just advice on what to do.....

Of course there is no magic wond,

but this is probably my first ever wrong doing with the law per say,

and wanted advice before I do something even more stupid...

just advice on what to do.....

Which you have had: tell the truth but don't offer (incriminating) facts they aren't asking about.

"First ever wrong doing" : perhaps, but only the first time 8 months ago...... !

Guys whats the best way to approach this?

Did you disagree with my advice of "tell the truth but don't offer (incriminating) facts they aren't asking about."?, or were you after a range of answers?? I'd be surprised if anyone disagreed!

Did you need further advice, and if so, for what specific query?

Best way to approach this is to be honest, as advised, you dont have to incriminate yourself further unless they ask how long you have been faredodging, then of course you must answer truthfully, lying to them wont work as they will have records of when the card was used.

Read other like threads to see which way this may go.

Should you be prosecuted then im afraid you will have to take it on the chin and accept it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Thanks for the advice guys :)

I have next week friday until I have to reply to the letter, and will post it here so I know its good to go before sending :)

I WILL accept committing the offence and not deny it, as it is asking me to reply on the back of the letter within 10 days

This is the first letter I have received regarding the case and it was literally posted a day after I was caught,

I Just dunno if I should be completely honest at this point with THIS LETTER of how long I've been using it, I've already lied to the ticket inspector already saying that I used by brothers oyster card for one instance by accident

although I've been using it myself for 8 months (like I mentioned in the original post) - I got cold feet

I have a feeling they may prosecute me for not being completely honest upfront

Edited by Morella94

It will probably be based on that letter and your responses, whether or not they choose to issue proceedings.

As stated, they will know when and where the card was used

and will no doubt request confirmation from the genuine holder

if those journeys were travelled by him or not,

therefore you have no other choice than to be honest if you wish to minimise the consequences of your actions,

not being completely honest now and then being found to have lied would be far worse

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

waste of money

not allowed anyway

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hey guys anyone know any good solicitors for fare evasion that can help give me the BEST advice on how to handle this ....?

before I reply to the letter

You have been given the best advice on a number of posts above.

We cannot recommend any solicitor, it is not site policy to do so.

Hi guys, could you guys read the letter and tell me if it is good to go?

I will send it via email, Bearing in mind I am not trying to further incriminate myself in the letter so I only talked about the ONE instance I was caught with the card, although I have used the card for 8 months

I just want to come clean and pay up tfl what I owe, but don't want a conviction at the same time and admit to something they are not asking for Yet

I AM not trying to get away with this, only way to get through is to come clean with tfl

"Dear Sir/Madam,

On the (DATE), I was stopped by a Ticket inspector official on a London Bus who asked to see my ticket, unfortunately I had wrongfully scanned my brothers 16+ oyster card from my wallet. My little brother has the mental age of 3 and is not able to carry his own oyster and thus his oyster stays in my wallet. On this occasion, I wrongfully scanned his oyster card, in which my little brother was not present. I understand this is a big mistake on my behalf and I am deeply sorry for my error and will be sure for that to never happen again.

I realise what I did was wrong and would like to pay the fine/monies owed to TFL as I am truly sorry. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that I am a law abiding person and this is the first instance in which I have made such a mistake in my life. I have no previous offences at all.

The whole situation has left me quite distraught and I would appreciate the opportunity to settle the matter without court proceedings to avoid even further stress, wasting everyone’s time and resources, and incurring further costs.

I openly apologise for my mistake and I earnestly believe that you would be kind enough to accept my apologies and reach an out of court settlement, having considered my unfortunate plight.

Thank you for reading, and I hope to get this resolved soon.

Regards,

USER"

not good IMHO..

what exactly does their letter state you have done.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

not good IMHO..

what exactly does their letter state you have done.

What do you mean by not good?

erm well.. its the first letter I have received after being caught by the inspector

JUST asking for my comments and background on the situation which I need to reply on the back of the letter

erm...what exactly are they accusing you of doing 'wrong' in the letter.......

cant ask the question any simpler....

then go thru the timeline of what happened what you were stopped

what did you say

what did the inspector say

did he confiscate any cards

swipe any cards

write down the numbers of any cards..

we need to know what access they might have gained

to gather info on if they will have scanned them

and know the history of usage.

no good you saying you've not used it for 8mts if they have

the means to prove you are lying...

slam dunk criminal record...

if you got one of those..

what harm would it do to your future..

employment etc etc

dx

and they

Well.... I believe the email i've just wrritten and about to send off, has adequate information about what happened on that day

and all they need to know

if you want background on the information it is on the original post if u haven't read it

thanks

stop hiding details

if you want our help

come clean

give us the info needed

there are no details whatsoever about the exchange with the inspector

contained in any of your posts.

all you've posted so far in post one

and in your reply to the letter

is a series of 'ole poor me' statements.

you post that appeal off in the form its in

and using the excuses you have mentioned.

a criminal record is guaranteed.

until/unless you give such info CAG is of no use to you.

your call

dx

and they

Morella you have already been advised in posts 2,4,6,7and 9 to TELL THE TRUTH

You have been advised that not doing so will only worsen your situation as TFL will already know about the 8 months of card misuse.

In post 3, you stated you didnt want to do anything "even more stupid"

Yet here you are, about to do exactly that if you send that letter/email the way it is.

BE HONEST or accept the consequences which will surely follow.

So, moving forward, what does that letter say, scanning it up or posting it verbatim minus any personal details would be a good start.

Hi guys, could you guys read the letter and tell me if it is good to go?

I will send it via email, Bearing in mind I am not trying to further incriminate myself in the letter so I only talked about the ONE instance I was caught with the card, although I have used the card for 8 months

I just want to come clean and pay up tfl what I owe, but don't want a conviction at the same time and admit to something they are not asking for Yet

I AM not trying to get away with this, only way to get through is to come clean with tfl

"Dear Sir/Madam,

On the (DATE), I was stopped by a Ticket inspector official on a London Bus who asked to see my ticket, unfortunately I had wrongfully scanned my brothers 16+ oyster card from my wallet. My little brother has the mental age of 3 and is not able to carry his own oyster and thus his oyster stays in my wallet. On this occasion, I wrongfully scanned his oyster card, in which my little brother was not present. I understand this is a big mistake on my behalf and I am deeply sorry for my error and will be sure for that to never happen again.

I realise what I did was wrong and would like to pay the fine/monies owed to TFL as I am truly sorry. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that I am a law abiding person and this is the first instance in which I have made such a mistake in my life. I have no previous offences at all.

The whole situation has left me quite distraught and I would appreciate the opportunity to settle the matter without court proceedings to avoid even further stress, wasting everyone’s time and resources, and incurring further costs.

I openly apologise for my mistake and I earnestly believe that you would be kind enough to accept my apologies and reach an out of court settlement, having considered my unfortunate plight.

Thank you for reading, and I hope to get this resolved soon.

Regards,

USER"

My previous advice applies.

If you lie in the letter, they'll prosecute for sure.

However, you don't have to volunteer information they haven asked for.

So, don't lie, but if they are asking you about the journey you made reply about the journey you made.

Only discuss other journeys if they ask : but they may well ask!

It is only advice : you don't have to take it.

But if you lie and say "and this is the first instance in which I have made such a mistake in my life. I have no previous offences at all."

when they and you KNOW it isn't your first offence : why shouldn't they prosecute?

They'll know what you really mean was "this was the first time I got caught".

So, by all means do as you wish, as you don't have to take the advice. Just don't be surprised when they prosecute after being unconvinced by your lies.

Alright guys note taken, and letter has been ammended :)

just one last question to ask,

my brother also received a letter in regards to his 16+ oyster card

how should I respond with this? Im guessing I should be honest as possible

saying I used the card and apologise sincerely just like in my letter, I won't be mentioned how long for tho?

1327adc6acbe6c1c5740d12aa203469e.png

I agree with both Bazza and dx, if we don't know what they say you did on the day, it's hard to advise. Have they said something about using another person's card intheir letter?

I would be bearing in mind that TfL can check the history of the card for the previous 8 weeks, I believe, so would be able to build up a picture of journeys made with it.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Sorry, crossed posts. I can't read the letter you've posted, is it a jpeg? Apdf works better, if you're able to convert it.

I see it's addressed to Dear parent or guardian - is that you?

HB

Hi this MIGHT help

3HRPIYJ.png

but I cant get it clearer than this I am afraid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks