Lowell/Lowell sols claimform - old orange mobile 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

The Court Service acknowledged receipt of the defence on 04/05/2016 at 14:01, they have 28 days to respond to the court. Can you please confirm for me if the 28 days are working days or simply 28 days and therefore this should be close to being stayed?

Thanks so much

Its 33 days including service and its normal days.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Mmm. Thanks. The paper letter from HM Courts states at the bottom "where he wishes to proceed, the claimant must contact the court within 28 days after receiving a copy of your defense".

Sorry Andy, I'm probably being very dim here please would you be kind enough to explain where I am going wrong?

^^^^EDIT: Apologies, I'm not with it. 28+5... Empty head today.

• 2 weeks later...

County Court Judge not High Court:-)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I will get the terminology right eventually.... :-)

We are not at 22nd June 16 and according to the Court this morning it is the 33 days from the date of the Defense being received by them. Nothing has been heard from the Claimants or their Solicitors, so the claim should be "stayed" now. Have to say the woman at the court wasn't the most helpful but in your experience does the court issue a document to say it is stayed or do I have to apply for that? I've read a couple of posts and also about applying the the claim to be struck out but there is a fee for it.

What in your opinion from past cases would you say is the best route to take now?

Normally your acknowledgement of defence submitted states what will happen if they fail to respond within the 33 days...so no you wont be informed it stayed.

If the claim is now stayed (and we assume it will be)...do nothing...forget about it ..unless the claimant makes application and lift the stay...then return here for further advice.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Just received a letter from their solicitors, it attaches;

Statement of Account dated 26/May/2016

Shows invoice numbers from 03/01/2010 through to 03/03/2014 showing them ad all being paid with a current balance of £0.00

They have also included two letters, one from Lowell Group saying "You have not paid your Orange Account."

The other is from Lowell Solicitors saying "Notice of Acting" both of these letters are dated 130216.

That is all that has appeared. No copy of a Default Notice, No Legal Assignment as requested.....

Their cover letter reads verbatim;

"Our Client: Lowell Portfolio 1 Limited

Our Reference: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your recent correspondence. (for the avoidance of doubt, I have not communicated with them in any way since the original request).

Please find enclosed the requested documents received from our client.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

some idiot in Lowell :lol: "

I'm asking really to just confirm my own thoughts but is it a IGNORE??

Nothing has been received from the Court to say they have applied to lift any Stay so it's got to be a fishing trip!