Egg Card now owned by Barclaycard

MandM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

First of all did you use the standard template letter that is on this wiki page? http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index.php/PPI I looked at various templates and info on this and other web sites and adjusted what i found to suit. It's important to take out all the bits that don't apply as the templates can be a bit OTT for your complaint.

Secondly how do you calculate the interest on PPI? I found some excel spreadsheets here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?559-Interest-Calculation-Spreadsheets but I think these are for CC charges rather than interest on PPI? I didn't like the template ones so (with some pointers from Pompeyfaith) I did my own calcs.

Also, when you write to them do you tell them the total amount you are 'claiming' back or do you include the spreadsheet with the calculations? I did.

I'd be grateful for any pointers you can give and good luck with your mission!

N x

I'll try and find the link that Pompeyfaith sent me to and post it up.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your reply M, would be great if you could post the link with Pompeyfaith's advice, Im finding the calculations the hardest bit to get my head round now.

N x

Hi Neeta, sorry for the delay, took a bit of finding! This is the thread >>>> http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?212778-Emmtay-v-barclaycard-PPI-insurance and in it you'll find the links for the calcs.

Any problems then post back and i'll try and help.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

JimPike's posts and Bosund's replies removed to avoid further hijacking.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

We try to keep threads separate or they become confusing for all concerned.

The posts are all here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?293220-Jim-Pike-v-Egg-PPI&p=3284961&viewfull=1#post3284961

8-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Well Slick

I didn't particularilly want a thread, I was infact giving support to MandM and exchanging views. I thought the idea of the forums was to get discussion, I have seen many threads on CAG that have gone off topic completely but have not been edited like this.

You have infact removed posts that MandM made which are relevant to his thread.

I would rather you had just deleted my "non relevant posts" from MandMs thread, and not moved MandMs posts.

JIM

Hi Jim,

As already said on the other thread, no offence or criticism was intended and sorry if the move annoyed you, Bosund or M&M.

8-)

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

This has taken a rather peculiar twist. I've not pursued the PPI on this for some time, but it's been a good tool for keeping Egg and their muppets at bay.

I've had a notification from Egg that my old Egg card (£5k debt) has been sold to Barclays/Barclaycard. My issue with this is that I bank with Barclays AND my only surviving card is also with them.

As Barclays have bought the Egg debt and, up until now, I've always refused to negotiate on it and paid very little, can Barclays now use the Egg debt to raid my bank account?

Obviously this is a big concern and will now doubt affect others in the same boat. Any links to similar situations would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Looks like I've found the answer! http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?297412-Barclays-will-keep-Egg-separate-but-job-fears-remain

Not the one I wanted unfortunately. Time to open a parachute account it seems. :-(

M

Hi M&M - long time, no hear. :wink:

You've already seen that Barclays can and will raid a Barclays bank a/c to pay arrears on an Egg debt.

Turning this around slightly,Barclays announced at the start of the week that they will settle all PPI claims on Barclays a/c's that were made before 20th April 2011.

So I wonder if they'll also settle Egg PPI claims in the same manner, on their "no quibble" basis.

:wink:

Hi M&M - long time, no hear. :wink:

You've already seen that Barclays can and will raid a Barclays bank a/c to pay arrears on an Egg debt.

Turning this around slightly,Barclays announced at the start of the week that they will settle all PPI claims on Barclays a/c's that were made before 20th April 2011.

So I wonder if they'll also settle Egg PPI claims in the same manner, on their "no quibble" basis.

Hi Slick,

Too long! Hope you're well and life is good for you.

The thought had crossed my mind lol. We've already had the 'surrender' letter from an old Woolwich loan which was put on hold last November. Will post that one up when we get some movement, but looking good so far :wink:

I'm assuming that as the correspondance for this card from Egg suggests that BC now own the account, warts and all, then the PPI issue becomes their problem also. If so, it could make the PPI claim worth another shot as there's less likelihood of my 'other' Egg issue muddling things i.e. the other £25k I owe Egg (allegedly lol).

Mike

From what I read about the acquisition, the Egg name will continue to be used for the credit card product and it will be separate from BC.

So perhaps it'll be Barclays Bank PLC t/a Egg.

• 4 years later...

hi have been paying off this account since defaulted on it many years ago when it was still with Egg. Since then I understand Barclaycard have bought out Egg Card

Think I got a letter from them but cant find it now.

I am thinking of going to Barclaycard to ask for my PPI back

with the view to paying off the outstanding amount. :wink:

Originally asked Egg back in late 2000's but they said no.

Didn't know about the FOS then so by the time we did ask it was to late.

Having found out this week that Barclaycard are paying out PPI claims that were refused years ago even ones that went to court and lost I am thinking it might be worth a shot :pray:

yes very good idea

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes very good idea

dx

Yes, I may as well give it a pop and I'll post the result up here.

I've had another Egg related issue hanging in the background that may have confused this but that's jusy gone beyond the SB limit and, luckily for me it seems, they seem to have forgotten all about chasing that one up.

Which opens the way for me to pursue this one.

I'll have a bit of a game with BC for a while and see where it takes us.

Mike.

Well put in the claim and Barclays have come back with their response

they are sticking to the fact that I applied for the PPI on line, blah blah blah :blabla:

and obviously because its past the FOS deadline cant do a lot.

Its annoying because I know I was missold this but I will have to wait until such a time as the FOS admit that they were wrong with their time limits and let everyone put their arguments in again.

Not even sure if going down the court action route will work

which claim this one

or the egg one

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the Egg card now owned by barclays

pop back to post 54 and before

you applied online

there was no option to untick etc

and they

pop back to post 54 and before

you applied online

there was no option to untick etc

Certainly was dx. However, as I missed the boat with the FOS it leaves me in the tricky position of me having to take them to court and the onus of proof will then sit squarely with me.

I had my DSAR info way back from Eggy themselves and I can't find anything in there that gives me the ammunition to go at them with so, short of an admission of them pre-ticking, it's all a bit of a risk. If they call my bluff and go for a pre-hearing prior to allocation the costs could run into a few thousand which is a big risk I can't afford.

If I were to be totally honest I'm not confident that I DIDN'T tick a box.

I thought about farming this out to a claims company and let them take the risk but they only seem interested in going the FOS route (which isn't an option here) as they love an easy life.

Mike

Certainly was dx.

Edit: I meant it certainly was an online application

Mike

post 81

and they

post 81

Thanks again DX. Sooo long ago now! But prompted me to read through the history again.

Will think some more but doubtful that I'll progress this.

Mike