Holiday in Los Angeles

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all. I'm off to LA in a few weeks for a well deserved holiday in a few weeks with a good group of friends. All made possible through cags help since 2012 getting me out of debt and making me learning how to manage my money better.

Has anyone here been there before, and can you recommend some great places to check out?

We have a small list so far but are trying to find hidden gems. Of course photos will be provided afterwards of the trip :)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I was in San Diego last year IMP passed through LA and went to Hollywood/Boulevard (obviously) dont miss Universal Studios (in particular the Transformers ride ):-) and try to get to Beverly Hills.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Have a great time. Never been, but people seem to enjoy. They say it is a big city, with no real centre and you need to plan out what you want to see. Like any city, you also need to know which areas to avoid, so you don't end up driving through an area, trying to navigate your way out.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Never been myself Imp so can't recommend any hidden gems but have a great break, looking forward to seeing the pics :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Have a great time, Imp.

I don't really know LA apart from a stopover.

But Fodor's guides are very good when visiting the US. We did our homework first, so we knew what to look for. My OH wanted to do all the things recommended for children. :lol:

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I would suggest taking the I5 north and head for Mineral King (if the road up there is open). The LA area is a hundred mile urban sprawl (some would say slum) and finding your way round can be tricky.

At this time of year, there should still be snow up on the mountains, so you could head east or north. Yosemite would be well worth a visit this time of year even if you don't go up in to the high country.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

the houses in Beverley Hills, Malibu, and a drive the full length of Rodeo Drive

Palm Springs well worth a visit and also an overnight stay in Vegas if you have never been before(an easy drive)

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

the houses in Beverley Hills, Malibu, and a drive the full length of Rodeo Drive

Palm Springs well worth a visit and also an overnight stay in Vegas if you have never been before(an easy drive)

An easy drive in terms of directions (I10 / I15), but 270 miles and 4 1/2 hours, each way ......

all freeway and an automatic with cc no problem

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Thanks all. We're saying in a hotel about 15 mins from walk of fame, and 5 mins walk from thee start of the hollywood sign walk. We have a car booked, but we dontwant to go more than an hour, maybe 2 in any direction, as we think theres plenty to see and do in LA anyway, especially since we have the Go Pass card.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

The Griffith Observatory provides excellent views of the city and the Sign. The Observatory also provides free parking, so people of all physical abilities can view the Sign and the city below. While the Observatory offers a bit of Hollywood history with iconic scenes from movies like Rebel without a Cause, a different type of star viewing is available in the planetarium shows and public telescope hours......nice little cafe on the way up also Imp:-)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

We're staying on the same streat as where the road to the observatory starts. We're plannng on a nice day to head to the observatory ( at night too for some great photos), and then walk the 4 miles to the top of the sign and back.

Ill def check the planetarium and cafe out

You may have to walk the last section (from the Observatory to the actual Hollywood Sign) road was closed when we were there.:|

No problem. We're all seasoned walkers hikers, and regularly hike around the mountains and districts in UK :)

I lived in San Diego for a couple of years and one thing you really can't miss is a tour flight around the Grand Canyon. It really is a wow and it you miss that it will be like going to Egypt and not seeing the Pyramids.

I have been to LA 4 times. I normally fly into the US from up North like San Francisco or Seattle and drive down. The scenic route Highway 1 along the coast takes a while but the small towns and scenery you get to see are well worth the trip. Before any trip now I look at this website, which comes with an App, where a lot of the legwork of searching for things to see has all been done for you. Check the link here, its all for free.

http://www.arrivalguides.com/en

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers