Hoist/Cohen claimform - old Halifax Card 'debt'***Claim Discontinued***

spesh88
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Ford, Andy.

I've completed and printed form N181 as outlined above following your feedback and it's ready to go.

Question: In both D2. and D4. I have written "Please see section I - Further Information." and included the details there, as both D2. and D4. entry boxes are so small that I cannot fit all the listed info inside. I assume this is okay?

Can I please double-check that I do not need to do anything regarding directions?

The letter states "You must... c) file propose directions (whether or not agreed) with the Directions Questionnaire." and form N181 states "Whether agreed or not a draft of the order for directions which you seek must accompany this form." In addition, under D2. Track, it states "If you have indicated in the proposed directions a track..."

I'd just like to be 100% certain that once I have sent this pack without directions, I have no further obligations to the court until I next hear from them.

Thanks again for your input.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I assume that you have not been approached by the claimant re Directions...and therefore it looks like both parties are opting for SCT.

Simply submit it to the court now and a copy to the claimants Sols...if the court disagree re the track they will advise and further request agreed directions.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

correct spesh with a short covering letter stating along the lines of:

Please find by way of service, Directions Questionnaire as supplied to the court/claimant's solicitors (delete as appropriate depending where its sent to)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Next will be the notice of allocation to sct with further directions

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

• 3 weeks later...

Received a letter from CCBC today (18th July) , but it is dated 9th July! A bit worried, your advice appreciated.

Quite a lot in it, but it seems it is just a copy to me of a letter sent to the claimant saying they have 7 days to file the directions questionnaire. But it also says there are only 7 days to have the order set aside, stayed etc.

Do I have to take any action?

Extracts below...

"General Form of Judgement or Order...

The claimant, you have been sent Notice N149A, B or C which specified...the date by which you were to return the Directions Questionnaire. You have failed to file the Directions Questionnaire with the CCBC by the date specified in form N149.

IT IS ORDERED THAT

The claimant must file the directions questionnaire with the CCBC on or before 7 days from the service of this Order with CCBC.

This order has been made without a hearing under the Courts case management powers contained in Civil Procedure Rules. The parties have the right to apply to have the Order set aside, varied or stayed.

A party making such an application must file the application with the CCBC (together with any appropriate fee) within 7 days of service of this order.

oh dear looks like the claimant has failed to file their DQ then I bet

7 days is well up now

no harm in phoning the court and asking if they did file

and what is going on..

might have already been struck out? and you've already won?

not sure

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Unfortunately not struck out :sad:

Just called CCBC and they said it has been transferred to my local court and that I would get a letter saying that in the post.

So presumably after that the next step is a hearing date from my local court? How will I know if it has been transferred to small claims court?

Any further action required by me at this point?

I guess things are getting serious now.

So presumably after that the next step is a hearing date from my local court? How will I know if it has been transferred to small claims court? You will receive a Notice of Allocation with the courts Directions.

Any further action required by me at this point? No

I guess things are getting serious now.

Not really :wink:

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 1 month later...

Just received a 'General Form of Judgement or Order' from my local claw courts dated 16th August. Your advice appreciated regarding what action I must and should take.

"Upon reading the statements of case and directions questionnaires filed

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1) The Claimant shall by 4pm on 30 August 2016 send to the court and to the Defendent copies of the agreement, default notice and notice of assignment referred to in the particulars of claim

2) The Defendant shall send to the court and to the Claimant a further statement of case by 4pm on 13 September 2016. This must set out a coherent statement of facts which, if true, amount in law to a defence to the claim.

3) Upon compliance with paragraphs 1 and 2 of this order the court file shall be referred to District Judge XXXXX for further directions.

4) Because this Order has been made by the court without considering representations from the parties, the parties have the right to apply to have the order set aside, varied or stayed. A party wishing to make an application must send or deliver the application to the court (together with any appropriate fee) to arrive within seven days of service of this Order.

Dayed 26th July 2016"

Great means if they don't comply puts you in the driving seat

Could get struck out

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So just wait until the 30th?

What should I be sending in a further statment?

You cant comply with point 2 until/if the claimant complies with point 1.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Today I received a letter from Howard Cohen & Co.

"...After further consideration, we have been instructed by our client to discontinue County Court proceedings against you. Therefore, please find attached our client's Notice of Discontinuance. We confirm that the same has been filed at the court. We trust this concludes the matter."

So, that's good, right? :wink:

Thats perfect spesh...well done....thats the end of the claim

Thread title amended to reflect the outcome.

Regards

Andy

Thanks for all your help (and dx too), I definitely would like to make a donation.

A couple of further questions I'd like to ask if you don't mind.

1) Under what circumstances can they bring this back to court and how long do they have to do so?

2) If this showed on my credit rating, would it 'disappear' this month, if I had defaulted Sep 2010?

It will be 2018 before 6 years have passed since I last made payment,

but the default notice was issued September 2010.

It is my understanding that they need the permission of the judge to bring this back to court

- presumably a judge would want to see the documents previously requested

- if they could produce them, then I assume the case could go back to court prior to 2018?

1 none

2.yes

they can start a fresh new claim or sell it on

but I very much doubt either.

dx

and they

Fabulous news spesh, very well done. :whoo:

• 1 month later...

Just had a letter from the court stating:

"IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. Unless the Claimant, by 4.00pm on 21st October 2016, complies with paragraph 1 of the order made on 26th July 2016 the claim shall be struck out."

Also says that if they do comply, I have until 4th Nov to comply with paragraph 2.

I assume all of this is just tidying up the case from the court end and no further action is likely to be taken. It does surprise me however, how long it has taken to get to this stage and also, that the deadline is just one day after I received the letter!

With regards to another issue I brought up earlier, my credit file (at least according to noddle) still claims that I owe Hoist £9.2k despite this case (perhaps it will disappear once struck out?) and despite it now being over 6 years since I originally defaulted. The last update to my file was Oct 2016 saying "account has defaulted" as it has done throughout. Any advice on this? I can dispute via noddle I think, but other than that, not sure of how to proceed.